PDA

View Full Version : DM Help My 5E game needs Shadar-Kai!

JakOfAllTirades
2016-01-24, 08:07 PM
Has anyone seen a 5E write-up for Shadar-Kai, either official or home-brewed?

I'm working on one myself, but I'd like to see another, just for reference.

Some material from prior editions just doesn't easily translate into 5E, for various reasons.

Belac93
2016-01-24, 09:40 PM
Take elves. Eladrin subrace. Replace weapon proficiencies with Shortsword, Whip, Hand crossbow, and heavy crossbow. Replace perception proficiency with stealth. Replace trance with immunity to shadowfell despair.
Simple and balanced.

JakOfAllTirades
2016-01-24, 10:37 PM
Take elves. Eladrin subrace. Replace weapon proficiencies with Shortsword, Whip, Hand crossbow, and heavy crossbow. Replace perception proficiency with stealth. Replace trance with immunity to shadowfell despair.
Simple and balanced.

Not bad. I might tinker with the weapons a little, and they'll need different languages, but this is pretty close to what I need. Thanx heaps.

I'd like to modify Misty Step to more closely resemble the Shadow Jaunt ability: I'm thinking it should give them a 15' teleport, then make them Insubstantial until the start of their next turn. The question is, what does "Insubstantial" mean in 5E? Resistant to all except Force damage? Or maybe all but Force and Psychic damage? And would that ability (regained after a short or long rest) be too powerful?