PDA

View Full Version : Dashing Swordsman

Fat Tony
2007-06-14, 07:57 PM
So I recently started a campaign in first edition AD&D (home-brew world), and I made one of the characters in it a dashing swordsman. He's identical to a fighter except he uses charisma for all his strength-based checks (as long as he's making clever banter!). Has anyone else actually put this class into play?

LordVader
2007-06-14, 08:04 PM
That player better hope he can think pretty quick on his feet, 'cause if he runs out of banter, it's the XX eyes for him. It seems like a cool idea, also, he'll probably multiclass at some point, right? Because the whole point of it was to make a stat bad at fighting good at it.

Skyserpent
2007-06-14, 08:06 PM
Considering that entire concept that you just made was a single, extremely odd houserul, I would have to say "no" nor would I like to. Also, "Dashing Swordsman" from Order of the Stick happens to be 3.5 I'm relatively certain the mechanics are not the same...

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-14, 08:15 PM
I think someone made a Dashing Swordsman PrC and posted it in the Homebrew forum

EDIT:Here we are. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29882&highlight=Dashing+Swordsman+%5BPrC%5D)

Matthew
2007-06-14, 10:27 PM
Whoah! How are you doing it? I guess that you using the Charisma Score on the Strength Table? Sounds interesting. Have you taken a look at OSRIC?

Generic PC
2007-06-14, 11:08 PM
Actually, one of my friends is using it, and has a list of puns, good and bad, on the back of his character sheet.

Falrin
2007-06-15, 09:11 AM
I'm afraid that a Dashing Swordman/Sorceror Gish will be quit powerfull.