PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Miska the Wolf-Spider

Alistaroc
2016-01-24, 11:17 PM
So one of my players adopted an orphan back a ways in our campaign, was nearly murdered by her when she found out her cute little Mika was an assassin, and presumed to be a vampire. The orphanage had pitted kids against each other in fights to the near-death, with losers being dragged down to the vampire city as livestock. Mika was the champion fighter. But what neither the vampires nor the players new is that I felt like being particularly mean. Mika is also an astral projection of part of Miska the Wolf-Spider. So the plan is for Mika to come crawling back to the players' new base, and promptly transform into Miska the Wolf-Spider. Since there's no 3.5 stats for Miska(I found a CR 55 version that was ridiculously over-CR'ed), I made one.

But I'll leave that for the second part of this post. Most importantly; I've found mention of Miska's followers, the "Spyder Fiends," but I have found no stats for them anywhere. Anyone know where I can find them, or at least an approximation? THIS IS REALLY WHY I MADE THIS POST, WHAT'S BELOW IS JUST FOR KICKS IF YOU'D LIKE TO READ IT.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any input on this behemoth is appreciated.
Demon Lord Lolth-Touched Tauric Twice Vestigial Headed Aberrant Limbed Human Werewolf Monstrous Spider
Wizard 5/Runesmith 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Swordsage 1/Telflammar Shadowlord 4/Wizard +8
Yeah, it's a LOT. But with some homebrewness, like switching casting to Wis instead of Int, it's a pretty sweet boss.
First of all, I assumed that the Demon Lord template's entry gave Miska heavy armor proficiency, and being an Outsider gives him full BAB and martial weapon proficiency. I also got rid of the unnecessary 6 lycanthrope HD; they really did absolutely nothing. Oh, and his two vestigial heads allow him 2 extra spells per round, or two bite attacks.
I'm still writing it up, but I'll provide a summary.

Casting as a 19th level Wizard, that casts off Wisdom with no ASF due to Runesmith.
Initiator Level of 7, with access to Assassin Stance most notably.
4 +1 Shadowstriking Sonic Blast Serrated Kaorti Resin Chainblades. These puppies attack at +46/+41/+36/+31, and do 3d6+25+3d6 sonic, and have a 12-20/x4 +12d6 sonic crit. Basically this turns Miska into a shadowpouncing nightmare. Average 2944 damage from one full attack, before ANY Power Attack.
36 NA, and a set of +10 Great Reflection Oerthblood Double Plate that ignores max dex bonus puts Miska's AC at a whopping 73.
Saves of +47/+29/+44, and 744 HP.
An assortment of Epic items brings his abilities to Str 61, Dex 25, Con 57, Int 20, Wis 47, Cha 10
The 10 Cha is only because his permanent Living Undeath spell for crit immunity gives him -4 Cha.

So he's pretty much a one-shotting nightmare from the 666th circle of hell. The players will be forced to use their wits with planeshifting and indirect damage(example; dropping buildings on him) in order to stop him. Or, on the other hand, if they find a way to free him from his servitude to Demogorgon, he'd be happy to turn on his despised "master."

DrMotives
2016-01-24, 11:59 PM
The only place where Miska was statted out ( And his minions too) was in the 2e module "Rod of the Seven Parts", although the monsters stats might have been reprinted in a later 2e monster book. There has been no 3.x official version. So you are now solidly in homebrew territory, although getting your hands on the 2e material should help you gauge about what CR and capabilities the original had.

Alistaroc
2016-01-25, 08:31 AM
The only place where Miska was statted out ( And his minions too) was in the 2e module "Rod of the Seven Parts", although the monsters stats might have been reprinted in a later 2e monster book. There has been no 3.x official version. So you are now solidly in homebrew territory, although getting your hands on the 2e material should help you gauge about what CR and capabilities the original had.
I took a look around but all I could find was the first book, which had nothing about Miska whatsoever.
Would you know of any spyder-fiend homebrew perhaps?

ATHATH
2016-01-25, 09:02 AM
I took a look around but all I could find was the first book, which had nothing about Miska whatsoever.
Would you know of any spyder-fiend homebrew perhaps?
Maybe you could refluf Half-Fiend, Lolth Touched, and Were-Spider?