PDA

View Full Version : The, well,..OOTS "parody" - I'm confused

faerwain
2006-09-14, 07:34 PM
Hi folks,

before I start seriously checking out all the comics presented here, I'm scratching my head a little over something. I can't actually believe that nobody seemed to have mentioned this before, or did I just overlook although checking before starting this thread ?

Anyway, here we go: Did you actually see this ?

http://www.drunkduck.com/the_order_of_th_line/index.php?p=72530

It's supposed to look like a parody of Roy and his merrymen...I have to shamefully admit that the first strip made my actually smile a little, like intentional stupid comedies make you sometimes, just for being the farce it is. But then the strip began to update and my mind began to say "Eh?! Where's the use now..."

In what seems to be his main comic the guy stated he stopped it only because of the harsh comment made at the last strip.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Teh_Comic_of_Dogs/index.php?p=85942

That all doesn't seem to be meant seriously, but does anyone has a little backgound of this for poor newbie :-[ ? You know this person? Does he maybe has a real webcomic running also ? (He actually improves his style at the second link)
Am I maybe right with my suspicion that it might be a member of this forum who just had too much beer, too much time and too less sleep? (Says the person sitting at the keyboard at 1:30 am ::) )

Or is it maybe... a strange case of Dr Giant and Mr Hyde ? dun dun DUN !!!

EDITED for confusing a.m and p.m. ...how embarrassing :-[

Minimiscience
2006-09-14, 09:27 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with Mort.

Death to 1337sp34k!

faerwain
2006-09-14, 09:44 PM
Death to 1337sp34k!

I absolutely second that.
Thanks to online dictionaries : http://www.stiefelweb.de/creative/1337/index.php?lang=de

ElfLad
2006-09-14, 11:55 PM
Or is it maybe... a strange case of Dr Giant and Mr Hyde ? dun dun DUN !!!
More like there's an alternate dimension out there somewhere in which Rich Burlew is not funny, and that version of Rich stumbled into our world.

Steward
2006-09-16, 09:40 PM
I'm sorry, but what the hell was THAT!?

Ignoring the inherent awkwardness of making a parody of a parody, the first link was completely incomprehensible. Who thought it was a good idea to make the text in a webcomic about one molecule high and bold, italicized, underlined print? And why!?

It's supposed to look like a parody of Roy and his merrymen

I would have never realized that those horrible things were supposed to be the characters on Order of the Stick if you hadn't told me, and I still don't believe it.

faerwain
2006-09-17, 12:57 PM
More like there's an alternate dimension out there somewhere in which Rich Burlew is not funny, and that version of Rich stumbled into our world.

So by time-honoured geek knowledge we should recognise evil Rich as the one without the beard ? ;)

and I still don't believe it.

Sir, may I congratulate your sanity for it's fine self defense system?

Wolfie1
2006-09-17, 01:18 PM
Well, I don't know what that guy's on - but I want some ;D Does anyone find it funny?

Steward
2006-09-20, 08:41 PM
Does anyone find it funny?

Yes, in the same way that the Khmer Rouge was funny.

Sir, may I congratulate your sanity for it's fine self defense system?

I recently got on an upgrade, though. Usually, whenever I am confronted with an assault of such concentrated bad, my head just hits the keyboarslakfjasdfasdflasdfjasdflasdasdfaf

Ing
2006-09-20, 10:11 PM
Yes, in the same way that the Khmer Rouge was funny.

I recently got on an upgrade, though. Usually, whenever I am confronted with an assault of such concentrated bad, my head just hits the keyboarslakfjasdfasdflasdfjasdflasdasdfaf

Wow...it's like anti-funny

imageek
2006-09-21, 02:17 PM
that was about as funny as cabbage soup (if anyone do find cabbage soup funny go chek with your meds

The Demented One
2006-09-24, 03:00 PM
It is made of AIDS and fail. Also, I think it was so bad it messed with my neuralinguistic infrastructure. Ba ka na zu ma lay ga no ma la aria ma na po no a ab zu.

The Extinguisher
2006-09-25, 09:03 PM
I laughed. But only at the horribleness.
I mean, I do a sprite comic, and I'm mocking him. Thats just sad.

Logic
2006-09-25, 11:54 PM
The artist (unless it really is an evil Rich) doesn't appear to have even tried.

And everyone knows that your mirror universe counterpart has different facial hair, though not neccesarily the lack thereof for Rich. Evil Rich could have a power mustache, or a Devil Goatee.

WoDHells
2006-10-02, 10:29 PM
Sucks

faerwain
2006-10-09, 03:32 AM
I laughed. But only at the horribleness.
I mean, I do a sprite comic, and I'm mocking him. Thats just sad.

Yep, exactly my reaction. And you would have every right to mock him, even if your whole lifetime achievement would have been to shoot a picture of two coffee beans sunbathing. (And I actually laughed at your comic though I'm not that sprite comic fan. But a-lot-bit-world and especially the paper clip cameo were really funny).

And everyone knows that your mirror universe counterpart has different facial hair, though not neccesarily the lack thereof for Rich. Evil Rich could have a power mustache, or a Devil Goatee.

Behold!! Fear the wrath of Evil Rich's Spiked Beard Tentacles of Humor Abuse!! http://tinyurl.com/n4g8c