PDA

View Full Version : Warshaper Idea

Thrivol
2007-06-14, 08:42 PM
16 Druid/ 4 Warshaper

Yeah, basic idea.

But wait, there's more.

If you have the PHB2, then look at the druid optional rules. The shapeshifting one, to be exact. With this build, in elemental form, you will have 2 2d8 slam attacks, +20 to strength, +4 to constitution, 20 ft. reach, fast healing 2, immunity to critical hits, +4 magic natural weapons, +16 to natural armor, reflex, fortitude, and will, and immunity to one elemental type besides sonic.

There are better builds, but this one is not bad. I'm not sure which feats would be good for this build though.

Guyr Adamantine
2007-06-15, 09:27 AM
Play a warforged. Since the latest polymorph errata they kinda kick ass with their three thousands immunities. I love them. Almost as much as maggots.

ReluctantDragon
2007-06-15, 10:32 AM
I haven't looked at the Warshaper in a while, but that build won't work if the warshaper requires Wildshape as a prerequisite. The problem with the PHB2 Variant for druids is that it is not actually wildshaping. The feature itself is completely different. You actually LOSE the Wildshape ability.

lord_khaine
2007-06-15, 10:37 AM
warshaper just require some shapechanging powers

Person_Man
2007-06-15, 01:23 PM
16 Druid/ 4 Warshaper

Yeah, basic idea.

But wait, there's more.

If you have the PHB2, then look at the druid optional rules. The shapeshifting one, to be exact. With this build, in elemental form, you will have 2 2d8 slam attacks, +20 to strength, +4 to constitution, 20 ft. reach, fast healing 2, immunity to critical hits, +4 magic natural weapons, +16 to natural armor, reflex, fortitude, and will, and immunity to one elemental type besides sonic.

There are better builds, but this one is not bad. I'm not sure which feats would be good for this build though.

Warshaper levels do not stack to determine highest level HD of what you can Wildshape into. They also do not progress your spellcaster levels or animal companion levels. So Druid 20 is actually far more powerful then any Warshaper build.

Remember, you can gain extra reach, Str, and Con, and higher damage by turning into bigger and higher HD forms. Fast Healing is a joke to someone with healing spells. And Immunity to Crits can be gained a wide variety of ways (spells, items, plant forms, abilities, etc).

Also, are you starting your game at 20th level, or starting at 1st? Warshaper is a good idea for certain low level Shifter and/or King of Smack builds, for example. But its not better then a strait Druid.