PDA

View Full Version : DM Help How would you rule this? (PF Gestalt)

Sir Chuckles
2016-01-26, 05:05 AM
I'm not certain why the idea did not occur to me before, but a player asked me about a Bladebound Magus|Blade Adept Arcanist.
It got me thinking about similar Gestalt combinations, such as Eldritch Scion Magus and Bloodrager and how they're setting off my initial shenanigans alarm.

However, given that I'm a tad fried right now, I'm not certain exactly how to rule. On one hand, many of the abilities are of the exact same name, which makes me want to say no, it's not even possible to do those things in tandem. On the other, is it really that big of a deal? Spellstrike doesn't even work with two-weapon fighting, so this would just be an odd way to get two very sharp objects jealous with each other.

But at the same time...(insert rationale)
And that's what I'm now stumped on, putting myself in a loop.

So, I ask the Playground, how would you rule these kinds of Gestalt combinations? Just say no and not allow them?

Florian
2016-01-26, 05:29 AM
A lot of stuff in PF has a simple 20 level scaling. If you would make that stack up in a gestalt build, it simple breaks down and thatīs it then. Examples are Bloodlines, Companions or anything else that has its own table entry.
So there is only one solution: When using a Gestalt, class features do not stack. Thereīs no way around that.

legomaster00156
2016-01-26, 02:25 PM
No, they do not stack. However, even if they did, consider this from the Intelligent Items page on the SRD.

All magic items with personalities desire to play an important role in whatever activity is under way, particularly combat. Such items are natural rivals, even with others of the same alignment. No intelligent item wants to share its wielder with others. An intelligent item is aware of the presence of any other intelligent item within 60 feet, and most intelligent items try their best to mislead or distract their host so that she ignores or destroys the rival. Of course, alignment might change this sort of behavior.