Hit Points at 1st Level: 6+Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d6 (or 4)+Constitution Modifier

Proficiencies
Armor: None
Weapons: Simple Weapons
Tools: Any two
Saving Throws: Intelligence, Wisdom
Skills: Any three

Unarmored Defense: When not wearing armor or using a shield, your Armor Class is equal to 10+your Dexterity modifier+your Intelligence modifier.

Scholar's Path: Select one of the following paths: Path of the Professional, Path of the Warrior, Path of the Zealot.

Jack Of All Trades: Starting at 2nd level, you may add half your proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.

Bonus Proficiencies: At 6th level, you gain proficiency in two skills of your choice.

Expertise: At 6th lvl, select two of your skill proficiencies; your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make using either of those skill proficiencies.

Uncanny Dodge: Starting at 10th level, when an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack's damage against you.

Insightful Defenses: Starting at 14th level, whenever you make a saving throw, you may add your Intelligence modifier to the saving throw.

Coming soon. Will feature additional proficiencies/Expertise, Reliable Talent, and a skill-focused sub-system similar to Bardic Inspiration.Fighting Style: At 1st level, you may select one of the following Fighting Styles: Archery, Defense, Duelist, Two-Weapon Fighting. You cannot select a Fighting Style you already possess.

Maneuver Mastery: Starting at 3rd level, when making an ability check as part of a combat action, you have advantage on the skill check.

Extra Attack: Starting at 5th level, when making the Attack action, you may make an additional attack.

Precision Targeting: Starting at 7th level, when making a weapon attack, you deal an extra 1d4 damage of the same type as the weapon. This damage die increases to a d8 at 15th level, and to a d12 at 20th level.

Analytical Offense: Starting at 11th level, when making a weapon attack, you may use your Intelligence in place of your Strength or Dexterity to determine your attack and damage bonuses.

Skilled Skirmisher: Starting at 13th level, when you move as part of your action, you may employ this power to add your proficiency bonus to your AC against any opportunity attacks that movement triggers. You may employ this power a number of times per long rest equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Improved Precision Targeting: Starting at 15th level, the damage die granted by Precision Targeting can be converted from the weapon's damage type into acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic damage, in exchange for reducing the damage to the previous Precision Targeting die.

: Starting at 17th level, you may spend an action to select a creature you can see and hear within 60 ft. Make an opposed Intelligence check with this creature (this check benefits from both Jack Of All Trades and Maneuver Mastery); if you win on the opposed check, you may select one of the listed benefits, as well as an additional benefit for every 5 points by which your check beats your opponents: advantage on your attack rolls, disadvantage on their attack rolls, doubling your Precision Targeting damage die, gain resistance to their damage, give them vulnerability to your damage (which does not overcome any immunity they possess), and/or granting yourself Temporary Hit Points equal to your level. You may employ this ability a number of times per long rest equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Master Precision Targeting: Starting at 20th level, you may as a bonus action cause any attacks that successfully hit your target until the end of your next turn are automatically critical hits. At the end of your next turn, you suffer one level of exhaustion.Coming soon. Intention is a divine version of the warlock's Pact Magic casting.

This class is not fully complete yet; two paths still need to be created, but I wished to get this into its own thread while it was all still fresh in my mind.

TheTeaMustFlow
2016-01-26, 06:21 PM
This really needs a d8 hit points, like a rogue.

WarrentheHero
2016-01-26, 09:46 PM
I definitely agree with TeaMustFlow about the hit dice. The features (especially Warrior) encourage melee combat, but with no armor they need some good defensive options. They do have Unarmored Defense, but I'd estimate that's a mere 15 (assuming +3 Int, +2 Dex). That's not bad, but it certainly is not good for combat with only a d6 HD.
I assume you made it low to emphasize their role as a thinker rather than a fighter, but they're supposed to be nonmagically versatile, so a scholar who also is somewhat tough doesn't seem like a bad or unflavorful image.

I'd also suggest that Path of the Warrior include Shield proficiency and proficiency in at least one Martial weapon. This is flavorful to their idea of being an intelligent character ("I've studied the combat arts of a rapier, I'm sure I can make use of it") and mechanically reinforces their subrole as a melee combatant. The shield is less necessary, but lacking any armor or particular proclivities for stealth (by sides maybe taking the proficiency), it helps them stay in combat and while they won't match the defensive power of a Barbarian, Fighter, or Paladin, it will make them a secondary line of defense without breaking flavor.

You also might want to consider adding some base class features and removing subclass features. You have 9 subclass features.

PoeticDwarf
2016-01-27, 12:11 PM
I definitely agree with TeaMustFlow about the hit dice. The features (especially Warrior) encourage melee combat, but with no armor they need some good defensive options. They do have Unarmored Defense, but I'd estimate that's a mere 15 (assuming +3 Int, +2 Dex). That's not bad, but it certainly is not good for combat with only a d6 HD.
I assume you made it low to emphasize their role as a thinker rather than a fighter, but they're supposed to be nonmagically versatile, so a scholar who also is somewhat tough doesn't seem like a bad or unflavorful image.

I'd also suggest that Path of the Warrior include Shield proficiency and proficiency in at least one Martial weapon. This is flavorful to their idea of being an intelligent character ("I've studied the combat arts of a rapier, I'm sure I can make use of it") and mechanically reinforces their subrole as a melee combatant. The shield is less necessary, but lacking any armor or particular proclivities for stealth (by sides maybe taking the proficiency), it helps them stay in combat and while they won't match the defensive power of a Barbarian, Fighter, or Paladin, it will make them a secondary line of defense without breaking flavor.

You also might want to consider adding some base class features and removing subclass features. You have 9 subclass features.

I agree with the higher HD. Not with the shield prof. for the warrior (although they need a better weapon prof). because only light would be worse than unarmored and even light shield or medium shield is worse. This way it is perfect.

I like the class

JNAProductions
2016-01-27, 01:10 PM
Posting to subscribe, and voice my opinion on the forum.

The Warrior? Is boring. It's dull. It offers basically nothing new to the game that could not be achieved through multiclassing or even singeclassing. I look forward to seeing the other two paths, but as it stands right now? It just does not bring enough to the table to justify being a new class.

M Placeholder
2016-01-27, 01:28 PM
As this class stands, the bard (especially the College of Valor) is a far better choice than this class, with the d8, the magic and the inspiration much more potent and versatile than the warrior.

Adding Lore (what is a factorum and how can it contribute to a group?, why people become them, etc.) to this class, a 1d8 (2d4) hit die and more features to the base class would be a great help

Mcdunkski
2016-01-27, 02:57 PM
From what I have read of the class from 3.5 (which is a paltry amount) the class has inspiration as a driving mechanic so maybe make that a base part of the class?? The only problem there is finding a new angle to take it from.