PDA

View Full Version : Plate of Attunement

Reverse
2016-01-26, 02:35 PM
My character has Full Plate with the ability to activate Blur 2x per long rest for 1 minute per use.
The DM and I are discussing if this item should be an attuned item.
Thoughts?
Comparible items?

Thanks

GWJ_DanyBoy
2016-01-26, 02:39 PM
Depends on the campaign. If you're going for something high-powered with plentiful magic items, then maybe no.

If you're going for something closer to "default 5e", that is to say bounded power levels and few magic items, then I'd say definitely yes.

eastmabl
2016-01-26, 02:43 PM
My character has Full Plate with the ability to activate Blur 2x per long rest for 1 minute per use.
The DM and I are discussing if this item should be an attuned item.
Thoughts?
Comparible items?

Thanks

Blur, as a spell, requires concentration. I'm assuming that this armor doesn't require concentration.

In my mind, that alone is enough to require attunement.

(A fighter1/WizardX with heavy armor proficiency can have two separate spells active which require concentration, which is pretty gamebreaking in the wrong hands).

Sander
2016-01-26, 02:44 PM
Depends on the powerlevel of the campaign, as suggested. That being said, is it an action/bonus action/whatnot to activate or just something one does? My gut feeling would be definitely have it cost an attunement slot. Blur 2/day is, after all, fairly potent for someone with little to no spellcasting (the usual guys wearing plate).

Reverse
2016-01-26, 03:11 PM
Bonus action to activate, thank you, I forgot to mention that.

Sander
2016-01-26, 03:53 PM
Well... 2/day blur, bonus action activation and no concentration? Yeah, that's hardly a discussion worth having in my book. Smack a big, fat "attunement"-sticker on that bad boy! :smallbiggrin: