PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorm with me: Subtle Spell + Phantasmal Force

Dalebert
2016-01-27, 11:07 AM
I thought of an excellent way to assassinate someone in public. You use sleight of hand to cast Minor Illusion and make disturbing skittering sounds that everyone hears. Wait a moment for everyone to react and look around for the source of that noise. Then you cast Phantasmal Force with Subtle Spell on your target to make it see and then feel like several scorpions have climbed up their pants and is stinging them every round. You can keep the skittering sounds going to coincide. Why would anyone be prone to think that's an illusion and investigate it? Everyone is hearing it and there's one guy who's screaming "Ow! What the...?" and hitting himself trying to squish them.

Have some other clever ideas for this combo? I'm also thinking of Twinned Phantasmal Force. If you happen to be fighting just two creatures and the illusion is actually doing damage to both of them, why would they not believe it's real? The problem from PF seems to be when an opponent's teammates alert him to the fact that he's swinging at air and thus give him a reason to disbelieve.