PDA

View Full Version : Spheres of Power Occultist Archetype

zautos
2016-01-27, 02:31 PM
So how do i use Spheres of Power on a Occultist?

Vhaidara
2016-01-27, 04:03 PM
There isn't an official port yet. I think Adam has mentioned doing Occult Spheres sometime after the Handbooks finish.

In the meantime, I have a homebrew Sphere Occultist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?440518-Spheres-Occultist) that might work for your purposes.

Novawurmson
2016-01-27, 07:57 PM
Edit: I massively derped and thought you were talking about the Spiritualist. Leaving comment up out of shame.

Give them 3/4 casting (mid casters), and you're most of the way

I will say that occultists have an amazing spell list, so you might be objectively more powerful as a vancian caster. Still, Life and Death for spheres, plus something like Warp, Alteration, or War to buff and support your phantom.

Mehangel
2016-01-28, 11:52 AM
I will say that occultists have an amazing spell list, so you might be objectively more powerful as a vancian caster. Still, Life and Death for spheres, plus something like Warp, Alteration, or War to buff and support your phantom.

Generally speaking vancian spellcasting is always more powerful than spherecasting. The whole point of using spheres of power is not to make 'more powerful' spellcasters, but rather spellcasters 'more balanced' when compared to martials and mundanes.