PDA

View Full Version : What Alignment is Johnny Bravo?

Rakoa
2016-01-27, 06:34 PM
I know everyone likes a good alignment debate. Can anyone think of what alignment everyone's favourite Cartoon Network character might be? I can think of some good examples for anywhere from Lawful Good to Chaotic Neutral, and everything in between, so I'm curious if a consensus among forum-goers can be reached.

What are your thoughts?

Blackhawk748
2016-01-27, 06:38 PM
I would say Chaotic Good. I mean he really is genuinely a nice guy, hes just an idiot. :smalltongue:

dps
2016-01-27, 06:48 PM
He thinks he's neutral good, but he's really chaotic neutral.

I was going to say that he's true neutral because creatures with an intelligence score of 1 are incapable of moral action and therefore default to neutral, but that joke doesn't work because he's clearly capable of speech and so has to have an intelligence of at least 3.

A Tad Insane
2016-01-27, 07:27 PM
everyone's favourite Cartoon Network character

Samurai Jack is obviously lawful good.

Rakoa
2016-01-27, 08:23 PM
Samurai Jack is obviously lawful good.

You clearly are a tad insane! Begone, for thou hast no right to tread upon these Sacred Lands of Bravo!

Ralanr
2016-01-27, 09:54 PM
Chaotic neutral if you ask me. Mainly because his stupidity leads him to be very unpredictable.

The Glyphstone
2016-01-27, 11:29 PM
Yeah, he's chaotic neutral with some mild good leanings. In addition to being stupid, he's also fairly narcissistic; his instances of genuine selflessness are more deviations from the norm.

Semi-related, but Wikipedia says there was, at one point, plans for a live-action Johnny Bravo film starring Dwayne Johnson. I'm weirdly regretful that this abomination never came to pass.

A Tad Insane
2016-01-27, 11:56 PM
You clearly are a tad insane! Begone, for thou hast no right to tread upon these Sacred Lands of Bravo!

I do not tread. I water beetle!!!
http://i.imgur.com/6PrKOHT.gif

But in all seriousness, I would say Bravo's true neutral. I don't remember him ever willfully doing chaotic behavior because he wanted to fight the power. Though him doing chaotic behavior because he literally didn't know better's another story.

Ralanr
2016-01-28, 12:13 AM
I do not tread. I water beetle!!!
http://i.imgur.com/6PrKOHT.gif

But in all seriousness, I would say Bravo's true neutral. I don't remember him ever willfully doing chaotic behavior because he wanted to fight the power. Though him doing chaotic behavior because he literally didn't know better's another story.

There's a difference? I thought when it came to chaotic behavior it didn't matter on the justifications? You know, because CHAOS.

The Glyphstone
2016-01-28, 11:36 AM
Indeed. Chaotic is not dependent on a willful disregard for outside authority. Johnny's not Chaotic because he intentionally fights the power, he's Chaotic because he does whatever he thinks feels good or whatever he wants at the moment without letting the power, or anything/anyone else, influence his decisions.

illyahr
2016-01-28, 11:58 AM
I agree. I see him as C/N, with leanings toward good. He may complain a bit, but he does help out his friends when they're in trouble.

Geddy2112
2016-01-28, 12:52 PM
I would say he is flat out neutral stupid. He is basically out out for himself, with no malice or aid towards others. He thinks he is the best, when he is comically inept. I agree he leans chaotic, but his behavior is not all that impulsive or rash-he has a pretty predictable mode of operation. I disagree that doing whatever feels good or is good for you is inherently chaotic, but he does forgo almost any other input in decision making.

And deep down, neutral stupid often goes chaotic out of sheer ineptitude.

Zaydos
2016-01-28, 01:24 PM
I'd say CN. Not because he does whatever he wants but because he has a general utter disregard for societal authorities, only adopting a few personal ones. He doesn't care at all about society's rules.

Pyrous
2016-01-28, 02:02 PM
Can anyone think of what alignment everyone's favourite Cartoon Network character might be?

Obviously CN. :smalltongue:

A Tad Insane
2016-01-28, 03:26 PM

I change my opinion to what this guy is saying

Rakoa
2016-01-28, 03:53 PM
I'm surprised there aren't more advocates for Good out there. I always saw his less-heroic actions to be a result of his lack of intelligence, not his lack of kindness, but maybe it's just been awhile since I've watched any episodes.

I change my opinion to what this guy is saying

Very clever, very clever indeed....I didn't see that one coming.

Zaydos
2016-01-28, 04:36 PM
I'm surprised there aren't more advocates for Good out there. I always saw his less-heroic actions to be a result of his lack of intelligence, not his lack of kindness, but maybe it's just been awhile since I've watched any episodes.

The thing is there were episodes where he actively tried to harm Suzy and Carl because he found them mildly annoying/Carl was a nerd minding his own business. In the early episodes he veered more towards Evil than Good, being intentionally harmful to the closest things he had to friends, but characterization changed and he became too stupid to be evil and then too stupid to be good. Eventually he settled into 'will do good for the accolades and reward' and 'will occasionally do good for his friends' which are both actually Neutral, as opposed to Good, behaviors anyway. And dang I'm putting way too much thought into this for a character who wasn't even the best CN character (And things go boom in Dexter's Lab!).

Ralanr
2016-01-28, 07:01 PM
A lot of characters seemed to be in the neutral spectrum back then now that I think about it.

Dexter seemed to be true neutral (only focused on his achievements) or neutral good.

Ed, Edd, and Eddy seemed to go from CN, LN, and NE.

McNum
2016-01-29, 01:37 AM
I'd put Dexter at Lawful Neutral. Things have to be in order for him to function. We are talking about a kid whose day was ruined because he mispronounced his usual "Ah! What a fine day for science!" as he got out of bed. He does do heroic things, but he has that knack of doing things he can, but never asking if he should. And he has one heck of an ego issue, as seen in the TV Movie Dexter's Ego Trip. In which NOT being the one to save the world causes him to send killer robots through time after Dee Dee, because she was the one who did it. But he also defeated said robots when they arrived in the present because he thought they were after him.

Dee Dee, of course, is Chaotic Good. I mean, what else would she be? Kind, caring, utterly unpredictable. A little on the destructive side, though.

And now I have a tangent stuck in my mind. The Powerpuff Girls. I mean, Blossom is as Lawful Good as they come, but the other two... I'm not sure. I'm not even sure Buttercup is Good.

Blackhawk748
2016-01-29, 06:55 AM
I'd put Dexter at Lawful Neutral. Things have to be in order for him to function. We are talking about a kid whose day was ruined because he mispronounced his usual "Ah! What a fine day for science!" as he got out of bed. He does do heroic things, but he has that knack of doing things he can, but never asking if he should. And he has one heck of an ego issue, as seen in the TV Movie Dexter's Ego Trip. In which NOT being the one to save the world causes him to send killer robots through time after Dee Dee, because she was the one who did it. But he also defeated said robots when they arrived in the present because he thought they were after him.

Dee Dee, of course, is Chaotic Good. I mean, what else would she be? Kind, caring, utterly unpredictable. A little on the destructive side, though.

And now I have a tangent stuck in my mind. The Powerpuff Girls. I mean, Blossom is as Lawful Good as they come, but the other two... I'm not sure. I'm not even sure Buttercup is Good.

Buttercup is good, she just pretends that she isn't. Blossom is probably more Chaotic Good

Brother Oni
2016-01-29, 07:35 AM
Buttercup is good, she just pretends that she isn't.

Agreed - Good doesn't mean automatically mean nice.

TheCountAlucard
2016-01-29, 08:20 AM
I know everyone likes a good alignment debate.Not sure if serious…

Can anyone think of what alignment everyone's favourite Cartoon Network character might be?Oh, sure! Steven Universe is Neutral Good, full stop! :smallwink:

Rakoa
2016-01-29, 09:06 AM
Agreed on Buttercup. She's as Good as anyone else.

Oh, sure! Steven Universe is Neutral Good, full stop! :smallwink:

Okay, now you people are just getting ridiculous!! How can you like something that isn't even old and no longer in production?!?!?!

Dienekes
2016-01-29, 02:10 PM

DD is chaotic neutral at best. She can be nice, but she is often horrible to Dexter himself.

McNum
2016-01-29, 03:12 PM
DD is chaotic neutral at best. She can be nice, but she is often horrible to Dexter himself.
They're siblings. If siblings aren't actively conspiring against each other, then it's time to be worried. But Dee Dee is often the one trying to dissuade Dexter from doing something crazy. When he does and it blows up in his face, usually in a very literal way, it is her duty as a big sister, after making sure he's okay, to mock him for it.

Pex
2016-01-29, 03:57 PM
Excuse me, but this is the real and original Johnny Bravo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6wR7ACcMRk

MrZJunior
2016-01-29, 05:18 PM
I think of him as chaotic horny.

RPGer
2016-01-29, 07:54 PM
I would agree with the Chaotic Neutral crowd. He's self absorbed, and unpredictable.

Ralanr
2016-01-30, 02:47 AM
Buttercup is good, she just pretends that she isn't. Blossom is probably more Chaotic Good

Blossom? She's more lawful good if you ask me.