PDA

View Full Version : Araundor

Yechezkiel
2007-06-15, 12:39 AM
In the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, there is an entry about the lich Araundor:xykon:(Araundordoom, FRCS pg. 213). I won't go into the other, unrelated details, but it states that one of his tactics is reading the minds of enemies and, somehow, taking prepared spells out of their minds.

:xykon:*-\/\/\/\/->*:vaarsuvius:
(stealing mind ray?)

It's not specific on this but we know he is a Wizard, so I was wondering if anyone can site any arcane methods (feats, spells, class abilities) that can accomplish this, within the Sor/Wiz(/Brd?:smallconfused: ) class?

I'm hoping to use something like this with a BBEG and want to get ideas as to balance from other, established sources if possible.

Matthew
2007-06-17, 12:33 PM
Hmmn. Sounds a bit like the Spell Thief Class Feature. No idea, other than that, though.

Starbuck_II
2007-06-17, 02:14 PM
Hmmn. Sounds a bit like the Spell Thief Class Feature. No idea, other than that, though.

There is power theif psionic power but that is psionics... Use psionic Device?

In the Warcraft D&D books: there is manaburn spell that takes away spells.

Fax Celestis
2007-06-17, 02:27 PM
Spellthief Steal Spell ability. Spell Theft spell in CScoundrel. Third Eye Powerthieve from XPH.

Yechezkiel
2007-06-17, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

I do not think there has been a method printed for stealing prepared spells quite like the Araudon blurb suggests.

Fax Celestis
2007-06-17, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

I do not think there has been a method printed for stealing prepared spells quite like the Araudon blurb suggests.

I gave you one. Spell Theft spell out of Complete Scoundrel.

cupkeyk
2007-06-17, 03:45 PM
I have always wanted a amalgamation of Crystalline Thoughts and Spell Theft. A spell in a crystal bursting out of an opponents wizard's skull is just too awesome.

Yechezkiel
2007-06-17, 03:54 PM
I gave you one. Spell Theft spell out of Complete Scoundrel.

No, Spell Theft takes active spells.

Sorry if I was unclear, but I'm speaking of prepared spells that have not yet been cast.

lord_khaine
2007-06-17, 03:56 PM
yeah and spellthieves can do that.