PDA

View Full Version : Requesting a little help picking items for my Shadow Sun Ninja

RoyVG
2016-01-28, 06:04 AM
Hey all, I'd like some help with choosing some items for my character in the Undead-heavy campaign I'm in.

My character is a Halfling Monk2(Hin Disciple, Champions of Valor Web enhancement)/Unarmed Swordsage3/Shadow Sun Ninja 5, mainly focussing on the Setting Sun maneuvers. My other Party members are a Swift Hunter Scout/Ranger, a Mystic ranger and an Ubermount charger. The Mystic Ranger will be leaving the group for a while in 2 weeks and will likely be replaced by a Cleric/Radiant Servant of Pelor

My feats are Underfoot Fighting, Weapon Finesse, Shadow Blade, Improved Trip, Confound the Big Folk, Combat Reflexes and Evasive Reflexes. Maybe I'm forgetting one, but I don't have my sheets with me
I was allowed to use the effect of ignoring enemy Size bonus when tripping with Confound the Big Folk on the 'Throw' manuevers if I satisfy the other prereqs (staying in a large creatures space for 1 round). I can also use the trip any creatures regardless of size, as long as the prereqs of Confound the Big folk are met.

My often-used strategy is walking into a Large creatures square and use Evasive Reflexes in combination with the extra AoO of Combat reflexes to stay in his space (each time he moves het provokes an AoO, and I substitute those to make a 5ft step to follow the creature) I then ususally use a Throw maneuver or a Flurry of Blows along with Burning Blade if available.

I've been given approximately 50k gold to spend, I already have an Amulet of Mighty Fists +1 (Pathfinder version (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/amulet-of-mighty-fists)) which I'm going to have Bane (Undead) added to it to improve my damage, again noting this is an Undead-heavy campaign. Other items I already have are Gloves of Dexterity +2, Ioun Stone of +2 Wisdom (it was mentioned it had an untyped bonus, unlike the regular Ioun Stones), Ghost Shroud, Healing Belt, Bracers of Armor+1 and some minor utility items.

Nearly all official sources are accepted, no 3rd party, and Dragon magazine on case-by-case basis.

Thank you in advance.

WeaselGuy
2016-01-28, 06:15 AM
I've always found this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items) to be an especially useful starting point when going shopping for a higher level character!