PDA

View Full Version : Speculation Ranger/Spell-less ranger - Skill questions.

Greenfeuer
2016-01-28, 01:31 PM
Hey there people!

I am currently in the pogress of making a Halfling Spell-less Ranger. - http://www.adnd3egame.com/documents/ranger%20variant.pdf - The link to variant I am playing.

The question is what skills would you advice me to take? I am playing a Ranged/archer focused kind of ranger. - This not a debate whenever I should pick this class or not, but more of a what skills would I be wise to choose kind of talk ;)

For skills, my first idear was to take Acrobatic through my bagground story "Folk Hero", by switching Acrobatics out with Handle Animal and land vehicle out with gaming dices. - My GM allowed this, so this transfer is all fine.

Anyway! My so faar choices would either be Arcrobatics, Althetics, Survival, Stealth, Perception. Or the same, just with Nature instead of either Acrobatics or Althetics.

I find that the Natural Explorerer will benefit more if I had Nature or Investigation. - Or I could wait thill level 12 and take the Skilled feat. Taking Investigation, Nature, Persuasion.
However my GM lets me add Acrobatics or Atheltics to Scout's instincts, if I want. But but but! Natural Explorer he finds it had to add somthing to, cause its INT or WIS based. However! I suggest he could add DEX but so faar he doesn't seemse like that would be an good idear.

So the question is what should I take or how could I modd if I want more out of my class without having to take investigation or Nature. - I find Nature more useful because investigation isn't often connected/related to your favorit terrain. - Investigation is very cool too, but I feel nature would fit better if I had to choose :)

SCOUT’S INSTINCTS: At 3rd level, your proficiency bonus is doubled for any abilitycheck you make with any two of the following skills: Investigation, Nature, Perception, Stealth, and Survival. At 10th level you can choose another two skill proficiencies togain this benefit.

NATURAL EXPLORER:

You are particularly familiar with one type of naturalenvironment and are adept at traveling and surviving in suchregions. Choose one type of favored terrain: arctic, coast,desert, forest, grassland, mountain, swamp, or theUnderdark. When you make an Intelligence or Wisdomcheck related to your favored terrain, your proficiency bonusis doubled if you are using a skill that you’re proficient in.While traveling for an hour or more in your favored terrain,you gain the following benefits:

• Difficult terrain doesn’t slow your group’s travel.

• Your group can’t become lost except by magical means.

• Even when you are engaged in another activity whiletraveling (such as foraging, navigating, or tracking), youremain alert to danger.• If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at anormal pace.

• When you forage, you find twice as much food as younormally would.

• While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exactnumber, their sizes, and how long ago they passedthrough the area.You choose additional favored terrain types at 6th and 10thlevel.At 6th level and beyond you may render your tracks andthose of your allies untraceable while traveling at a normalpace in one of your favored terrains. Under such conditionsyou and a number of allies equal to your proficiency bonus +Wisdom modifier cannot be tracked by nonmagical means,unless you choose to leave a trail.

Greenfeuer
2016-01-29, 05:22 AM
Anyone? :D

The subject is mostly focused choice skills purely!