PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Sorcerer Bloodline: The Hagborn

deathbymanga
2016-01-28, 02:21 PM
This is less of an actual homebrew and more a request for some help in making one like this. I always liked the little lore added in the 5e MM about how Hags reproduce by taking children of other races, swallowing them, and giving birth to them a second time, where the child is no different than before until puberty starts to kick in, where instead of growing into a teen dwarf or teen orc, they start turning into a Hag. And I'd love to play this as the origin of a Sorcerer Bloodline. any ideas? I'm guessing a nice Spell list, or at least an At-Will Disguise Self and Invisibility, maybe some Claw Natural Weapons, and what else?

M Placeholder
2016-01-29, 04:53 AM
This is less of an actual homebrew and more a request for some help in making one like this. I always liked the little lore added in the 5e MM about how Hags reproduce by taking children of other races, swallowing them, and giving birth to them a second time, where the child is no different than before until puberty starts to kick in, where instead of growing into a teen dwarf or teen orc, they start turning into a Hag. And I'd love to play this as the origin of a Sorcerer Bloodline. any ideas? I'm guessing a nice Spell list, or at least an At-Will Disguise Self and Invisibility, maybe some Claw Natural Weapons, and what else?

In 3.5, Hags had their way with unlucky males then ate them (usually raw). The hag would then give birth to a hag most of the time. Sometimes though, a hagspawn would result - always male, and usually big, brutish and ugly. Usually.

Hagspawn were detailled in the 3.5 book Unapproachable East, and they were all the same, regardless of the origin. They had magic resistance, and also natural armour. Having the lore as there was a hagspawn in your family tree at one stage would be interesting, and allow for different types of hags.

I'll have a go at coming up with hag bloodlines. Unarmoured defense, some resistance to magic and proficiency in deception should all feature.