PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ascetic Style question

Hogsy
2016-01-28, 03:07 PM
Ascetic Style
Choose one weapon from the monk fighter weapon group. While using this style and wielding the chosen weapon, you can apply the effects of feats that have Improved Unarmed Strike as a prerequisite, as well as effects that augment an unarmed strike, as if attacks with the weapon were unarmed attacks.

What does it mean by "monk fighter" weapons? Does it only include monk weapons and the monk group from the Fighter's weapon training or can I actually use it with any weapon from a group I choose when I gain weapon training?

Psyren
2016-01-28, 03:12 PM
Ascetic Style
Choose one weapon from the monk fighter weapon group. While using this style and wielding the chosen weapon, you can apply the effects of feats that have Improved Unarmed Strike as a prerequisite, as well as effects that augment an unarmed strike, as if attacks with the weapon were unarmed attacks.

What does it mean by "monk fighter" weapons? Does it only include monk weapons and the monk group from the Fighter's weapon training or can I actually use it with any weapon from a group I choose when I gain weapon training?

You should read it as "weapons from the 'monk' Fighter Weapon group." In other words, on the Fighter page (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter), you'll see a list of weapon groups - one of those is "monk". Weapons from that list can be used with Ascetic Style. These are:

bo staff, brass knuckles, butterfly sword, cestus, dan bong, deer horn knife, double chained kama, double chicken saber, emei piercer, fighting fan, hanbo, jutte, kama, kusarigama, kyoketsu shoge, lungshuan tamo, monk's spade, nine-ring broadsword, nine-section whip, nunchaku, quarterstaff, rope dart, sai, sansetsukon, seven-branched sword, shang gou, shuriken, siangham, temple sword, tiger fork, tonfa, tri-point double-edged sword, unarmed strike, urumi, and wushu dart.