PDA

View Full Version : Poison Dusk Barbarian/Assassin/Dragon Disciple

WeaselGuy
2016-01-28, 04:55 PM
So, I'm thinking about a new character, starting level of around 12ish. Rest of the party is undecided, but I volunteered to take on the role of BSF, only not really planning on being stupid. Or big, actually. So, really, more of a Small Smart Fighter... Anywho, this is what I've got so far. Need help picking out good feats for him. Also, would like to know if there are any limitations to the number of totems a totem barbarian can have...

Ability
Base
Racial
Dragon Disciple
From Level
Total

Strength

+8
+4

Dexterity
+2

Constitution
+2
+2

Intelligence

+2

Wisdom

Charisma
+2

Level
Class
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Features
Feats

Poison Dusk Lizardfolk
-
-
-
-
Poison Use, Chameleon Skin, Hold Breath, +3 Nat AC, Natural Weapons, Weapon Familiarity (Bolas, Nets)
-

Dragon Totem Barbarian
Whirling Frenzy 1/day, Illiteracy, Blind-FightB
Combat Reflexes

Wolf Totem Barbarian
Improved TripB

Ape Totem Barbarian
Power AttackB
Knock-Down

Barbarian
Whirling Frenzy 2/day

Dragon Totem Barbarian
Frightful Presence

Assassin
Sneak Attack +1d6, Death Attack, Poison Use, Spells
Pebble Underfoot

Assassin
+1 Save vs Poison, Uncanny Dodge

Assassin
Sneak Attack +2d6

Assassin
+2 Save vs Poison

Black Dragon Disciple
Nat AC +1

Black Dragon Disciple
Str +2, Claws and Bite

Black Dragon Disciple
Breath Weapon (2d8)

Black Dragon Disciple
Str +2, Nat AC +2

Black Dragon Disciple
Blindsense 30ft

Black Dragon Disciple
Con +2

Black Dragon Disciple
Breath Weapon (4d8), Nat AC +3

Black Dragon Disciple
Int +2

Black Dragon Disciple
Wings

Black Dragon Disciple
Blindsense 60ft, Dragon Apotheosis

Troacctid
2016-01-28, 05:57 PM
You only get one totem, chosen when you take your first level of Barbarian.

The choice of a totem must be taken at 1st level, and cannot be changed later except under extreme circumstances (such as the barbarian being adopted by another tribe).

However, totems and spirit totems are separate, so if you still have the correct class feature to trade away, you can select a totem from Unearthed Arcana and a spirit totem from Complete Champion, and they need not be the same animal. Any totem is eligible to choose a spirit totem at 7th level, but only horse and wolf totems can take one at 1st because all the other totems lose fast movement.

Deadline
2016-01-28, 06:43 PM
Also, would like to know if there are any limitations to the number of totems a totem barbarian can have...

Yes, in Unearthed Arcana page 48 (same page as the totems):

The choice of a totem must be taken at 1st level, and cannot be changed later except under extreme circumstances.

Also, how are you getting the required ranks in Hide and Move Silently for Assassin?

WeaselGuy
2016-01-28, 06:48 PM
You only get one totem, chosen when you take your first level of Barbarian.

However, totems and spirit totems are separate, so if you still have the correct class feature to trade away, you can select a totem from Unearthed Arcana and a spirit totem from Complete Champion, and they need not be the same animal. Any totem is eligible to choose a spirit totem at 7th level, but only horse and wolf totems can take one at 1st because all the other totems lose fast movement.
Hmm, I see... thanks...

Also, how are you getting the required ranks in Hide and Move Silently for Assassin?
Hmm... For some reason I really thought Barbarians had Hide and Move Silently... Might have to change from Barbarian to Ranger then.

Deadline
2016-01-28, 06:58 PM
Hmm, I see... thanks...

Hmm... For some reason I really thought Barbarians had Hide and Move Silently... Might have to change from Barbarian to Ranger then.

You could go Lion Spirit Totem (for Pounce) Whirling Frenzy Barbarian 1/Ranger 4 and then into Assassin. Ask if the DM will ref-fluff the Lion Spirit Totem to a Dragon Spirit Totem or something.