PDA

View Full Version : Something Positive

JustinCognito
2005-06-12, 08:30 AM
Also known as, the other webcomic that inspired me to get into D&D.

Something Positive (http://www.somethingpositive.net) follows around a group of friends in Boston: Davan MacIntyre, former art student, aspiring drama geek, and all-around misanthrope; PeeJee Shou, Asian pain dispenser; Aubrey Chorde, PeeJee's ally in buttkicking and constant entrepeneur; and Jason Pratchett, full-fledged theatre geek and lover of many, many women (though temporarily limited to Aubrey), as well as a rotating cast of backup players. It's filthy, it's abusive, it occasionally craps all over the human spirit, but dear God, it is ever funny.

Vive la Choo-Choo Bear!

DjtHeutii
2005-06-12, 11:21 AM
I've been a fan of Something Positive for years. He has another comic, though that I quite like and that is very much a D&D comic: http://www.newgolddreams.com/

It's quite funny.

Xander77
2005-06-12, 08:22 PM
Something Positive is the greatest web comic ever. Just saying.

OTOH, I haven't checked out the other comic yet. Seems interesting.

Hadrian_Emrys
2006-07-28, 02:42 PM
Any comic that includes the stats for a redneck tree is gold in my book. :D

Dragonmuncher
2006-07-31, 10:19 AM
NGD is amusing, but it hasn't been updated in a while now.

What happened was that the guy who does S*P at one point had three webcomics- Something Positive, Midnight Macabre, and New Gold Dreams.

As I understand it, Life started getting in the way, and he had to just focus on Something Positive, and put the other two on hiatus.

I actually like MM better than NGD (though neither as much as I like S*P, though that might just be because we know the S*P characters much better). MM has the same kind of humor as S*P, but it seems... softer? I can't really explain it, but needless to say, there have been no cute Asian girls beating the **** out of people in MM.

Aidan305
2006-08-05, 05:23 PM
I did stats for Choo-Choo Bear for my DnD game. The fighter adopted him and made him the mascot for his bar.

jbergin
2006-09-11, 03:25 PM
I've enjoyed S*P for many, many years, and it's matured in such a way that it never seems to get old. Even when it's in a long, difficult storyline it continues to be compelling. Randy remains, in my book anyways, one of the most talented storytellers on the internet.

And plus, Choo Choo is the coolest thing to come out of Boston since those wonderful little baked beans of theirs...

I'd love to see those d20 stats for Choo Choo.

Dhavaer
2006-09-29, 11:46 PM
I must say that Aubrey is the most perfect representation of Chaotic Evil I've ever seen in fiction.

EvilElitest
2007-02-09, 04:09 PM
Something positive is the essence of Elitest and Cynical ideal shoved into one comic. I even like his critizioms of RPGS because he deleberly singles out the munchkin, meta-gaming, whinning, anti-social ones no body like (see Mike).
Apart from its vulgur laungage (which I can bear) i can as yet find anything wrong with it.
Can anyone else?

Alex Knight
2007-02-09, 08:14 PM
"ROCKS FALL, EVERYONE DIES!"

Best. Line. Ever.