PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Branta

M Placeholder
2016-01-29, 01:00 PM
Branta

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121017021828/dungeonsdragons/images/9/9c/83540.jpg
Large Beast, Unaligned

Hit Points – (65) 5d10+15
Speed – 50ft
AC – 14 (Natural Armour)

Strength

Dexterity

Constitution

Intelligence

Wisdom

Charisma

+4

+2

+3

+1

Saving Throws – Constitution +6, Dexterity +4, Wisdom +1
Skills – Athletics +6, Perception +3
Damage Immunities – Cold
Damage Vulnerabilities – Fire
Senses – Passive Perception 13
Challenge Rating – 1 (200 Xp)

Surefooted – The Branta has advantage on checks to stay upright, and is not hampered by difficult terrain caused by snow.

Toss – On a successful grapple check on an opponent, the branta can throw its opponent 20ft in any direction, taking 2d6 bludgeoning damage on landing.

Actions -

Multiattack – The branta can make 1 butt attack and 1 hoof attack

Butt – Melee Weapon Attack, +4 to hit, reach 10ft
Hit – 12 (2d8+4) bludgeoning damage and the branta can make a grapple check as a bonus action. If it succeeds, it can toss the opponent

Hoof – Melee Weapon Attack, +4 to hit, reach 5ft
Hit – 8 (2d4+4) bludgeoning damage.

Found in the savage north, the branta is a beast that despite its weight, is fleet footed and can move with ease over the frozen realms they call home. With long necks that can reach the foliage on the pine trees that carpet the north, thick fur and footpads that spread their bulk to enable them to walk over snow with ease, the branta is well adapted for life on the frontier.

Male or female, brantas have two solid ridges of bone on top of their muzzles, and they use these to uproot and knock over small trees, and to toss foes. As the branta are generally flighty until they are forced to fight, and do so with ferocity, nobody has managed as of yet to successfully domesticate these beasts.

M Placeholder
2016-01-29, 01:05 PM
Here is my conversion of the Branta, from the Forgotten Realms guidebook Silver Marches and the 3.5 guidebook Frostburn. I've forgotten the animal, but this was based on an extinct mammal. If anyone knows, please tell me.

This could be used as a mount, but would cost a lot of gold in game thanks to its wild nature, and that it is not a domesticated animal - it can only be tamed.

chr1styn
2017-02-19, 11:00 PM
It's based on Brontotherium. Took me quite some time searching before I figured that out; it had been nagging at me when I saw it in Frostburn.