PDA

View Full Version : how "long" a bag of holding can be?

With a box
2016-01-29, 02:24 PM
Can I put something like 270ft pole in it?
(It's volume can fit in type 2 bag of holding..)
It would well out of range for medium range spell unless caster level is over 17..
Would 100ft pole be enough? (It fits in type 1)

dascarletm
2016-01-29, 02:30 PM
It doesn't specify the dimensions of the space. I suppose you could assume:

A: It is a square or circular space with dimensions working out to the volume.
B: It doesn't have fixed dimensions and accommodates to the items put in (up to its limit).
C: The creator determines the dimensions.

I personally like B.

Necroticplague
2016-01-29, 02:42 PM
The dimensions and shape inside the bag are never given. Only its internal volume is. As long as it has volume and weight to spare, it can hold more regardless of shape (except that you need to be able to fit it through the opening of the bag).

MesiDoomstalker
2016-01-29, 03:02 PM
My group uses a houserule that extradimensional spaces (like Bags of Holding) just don't 'work' like normal 3D spaces. The only way to store something inside such a space is with magic, and the process of closing or opening the bag is the magic that facilitates teh interaction with normal 3D space and the weird Ex-D space. Long explanation short, you can only fit things into a Bag of Holding that will fit in a sack of the same normal 3D dimensions of the Bag of Holding (otherwise you can't close the bag and let the magic work). But again, that is a houserule.

(Un)Inspired
2016-01-29, 04:38 PM
My girlfriend told me that length of a big of holding isn't nearly as important as girth.

Rezialn
2016-01-29, 04:46 PM
Bags of holding are probably 4 or more dimensional. They can accommodate more than 3 dimensional space.

PraxisVetli
2016-01-29, 05:45 PM
My girlfriend told me that length of a big of holding isn't nearly as important as girth.

Underrated post right here

Orion Hamby
2016-02-04, 10:59 PM

Can I use this in my Sig, and if so how do I put it in please

Tiri
2016-02-05, 02:54 AM
Just copy the text and paste it in your signature. You can find it in 'Settings', at the top right. If you want it in quotes, just copy it with quote tags around it.

Andezzar
2016-02-05, 03:14 AM
Can I use this in my Sig, and if so how do I put it in pleaseIt's not the size of the signature but how you use it. SCNR

Killer Angel
2016-02-05, 07:32 AM
It's not the size of the signature but how you use it

AH! Here's another one with a small signature! :smalltongue:

(Un)Inspired
2016-02-05, 12:17 PM
Can I use this in my Sig, and if so how do I put it in please

Go right ahead and use it my friend. If you're editing your profile there is a section for editing you signature.

Hit reply with quote to my post then copypasta it into your signature.