PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Archer

Kyberwulf
2016-01-30, 03:06 PM
How would you equip an Arcane Archer. I am talking about the type of Bow to use.

2016-01-30, 03:12 PM
For the base weapon, you're looking for the greatest range for the least investment, to maximize the distance you can get that arrow. For enchantments, Distance is pretty good, and depending on how cheesy you're wanting to go, I've seen people on this forum swear by the Splitting enchantment for Arcane Archers, although whether your DM would actually allow it to affect the spell on the arrow is debatable.

Troacctid
2016-01-30, 03:38 PM
Spell Storing lets you double up on the spells you deliver. One of the better weapon enhancements for gishes.

Bruenin
2016-02-03, 10:29 AM
Hanks Energy Bow.
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ask/20061227a

Quick summary. High damage (2d6) Unlimited force arrows so it ignores concealment and can hit incorporeal. It can still fire normal arrows and magic arrows for those couple of exploding, penetrating, etc arrows you have lying around just in case. Automatically adjusts to your strength and is +2 comp longbow so for normal arrows you'd be looking at 1d8 instead of 2d6. It's also the only way to get ranged power attack in just 3.5 I think.

It's absurdly cheap for all that it offers really, especially if you can craft it yourself.

Just make sure you call yourself Hank, by RAW only Hank can use power shot : P

Also if I remember spell storing is a melee only option for enhancements, but technically arrows can be used as an improvised melee weapon, regardless you can't enchant the bow itself with spell storing as spell storing only activates when you strike with the weapon, so unless you plan on swinging your bow at people which wouldn't feel very archery. Spell storing won't automatically confer that bonus onto your ammunition so the best bet is to see if you can just buy spell storing ammunition and get that OK'd with your DM if he'll allow it.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Spell_Storing

Remember you can buy partial amounts of ammunition so you can just have a few arrows pre loaded with situational or powerful spells.