PDA

View Full Version : The Concussionist [PrC]

Naga-Darmag
2007-06-15, 10:58 AM
Concussionist

The elf’s are among the most famous race fore improving there combat capabilities by combining magical and martial training. The training to become a concussionist is such a combination of training with bludgeoning weapons improved by magic with it’s roots in force magic. A small clan of dwarfs was the first to develop the basics of this combat style, but before it had spared far among the dwarfs a small group of human war mages learned about the technique, and persuaded the dwarves to chare there new found knowledge. Now the ranks of concussionist is found in small numbers ,far apart and made up of individuals from most races and from wildly different backgrounds.

Prerequisites
Base attack: +3
Spells: Able to cast 1st-level spells, including at least one with the force description.
Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Weapon Focus (a bludgeoning weapon).
Skills: concentration 8 ranks.

Class Skills (2+Int modifier per level): Climb, concentration, craft, intimidate, jump, ride and swim,

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: An concussionist gains proficiency with al simple and martial bludgeoning weapons, but no new armor or shields proficiencies.

Concussionist
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Unarmed damage, Mighty blow

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Augmented strike (magic)

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Damage reduction 2 / persing or slashing

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Bonus feat

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|-

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+2|Damage reduction 4 / persing or slashing

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+2|-

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+2|Bonus feat

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+3|Damage reduction 6 / persing or slashing

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+3|Augmented strike (Adamantine)[/table]

Unarmed damage: A concussionist’s unarmed damage is the same as the unarmed damage of a monk of the concussionist’s level +2. Unarmed damage gained from concussionist does not stack with regular monk’s unarmed damage but stacks with prestige classes that give improved unarmed damage, like sacred fist and enlightened fist. It also stacks with feats and magic items that improve a monk’s unarmed damage, like superior unarmed strike and monks belt. If the character has both unarmed damage from monk and concussionist, use with ever is higher. (A level 10 concussionist has an unarmed damage like a level 12 monk).

Mighty blow: A concussionist welding a bludgeoning melee weapon he can use his unarmed damage instead of the weapons normal damage. When welding a bludgeoning weapon in to hands (not double weapons like the staff) his unarmed damage is calculated as if he was one size larger than normal (a medium size level concussionist welding a greatclub does 3d6 + str mod * 1,5).

Augmented strike: (Magic) at level 2 and (Adamantine) at level 10. Augmented strike works like the monk’s ki-strike and effect both the concussionist’s unarmed attacks and any bludgeoning melee weapon he is welding.

Damage reduction: Da 2 / persing or slashing at level 3, increases by 2 more at level 6 and 9.

Bonus feat: At 4th and again at 8th level, you gain a bonus feat for witch you meat the prerequisite. This feat must be selected from the list of fighter bonus feats.

YuanTi
2007-06-15, 11:57 AM
Not bad, but don't use character level as a requirement. Instead use BAB, Spells, Feats or Skills that would fit the level requirement you want. If anyone really tries to get round these (which is often possible) then they will be weakened enough anyway.

Naga-Darmag
2007-06-15, 01:38 PM
Mmmm, I know the Prerequisites gave me a bit of trouble, and the Character level 5 was a bit of a quick fix :smallredface: . I wanted the prestige class to be open to anyone with a spell caster class with a force spell, and preferably (but not necessarily) a level in a more battle oriented class, but like al other prestige classes only taken after level 5. I have been thinking about it a bit more and these are the idées that seems best at the moment.

{table=head]Fix|pro|con
Skill 8 ranks|
easy way to set a minimum level|I cod not think of a skill or skills that represented this lass but I have bin thinking of concentration. I think ill use this fix fore the time being. After all you have to be a spell caster of some sort and al spell casters have concentration,

Ba 5+|
effective limiter|limits low ba classes to much for what I want with this class.

Ba 4+|
less sever for low ba classes|make it possible to enter the prestige class with only 4 levels of dusk blade.

???|
I have no idée|se pro.[/table]

Matthew
2007-06-19, 09:42 PM
Apparently, there's the Neverwinter Nights Spell, Storm of Missiles appears in a Forgotten Realms supplement. That might be of use to any Spell Caster taking this Prestige Class.

I dunno, though, this seems like a Prestige Class that cries out for Daze and Stunning effects.