:belkar: Sorry look's like we're out of bandaids
:belkar: Look's like we have to amputate

Something i through in the shower

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-15, 11:38 AM
Your a shower?

Zaldrak
2007-06-15, 12:35 PM
Actually, he could have been a very good and compassionate healer, had he choose to invest more in his wis stat (check 58 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0058.html))

Fighteer
2007-06-15, 12:48 PM
Actually, he could have been a very good and compassionate healer, had he choose to invest more in his wis stat (check 58 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0058.html))
That was a joke, as an improved Wisdom score doesn't spontaneously change your alignment. Wisdom is explained in D&D as willpower, common sense, mental fortitude, alertness, etc.; not necessarily enlightenment and spiritual wholeness.

The irony of the situation was that Belkar took a spellcasting class but did not invest any points into the attribute that allows him to actually cast spells.

Incidentally, Owl's Wisdom also doesn't change the color of your armor.

MReav
2007-06-15, 12:55 PM
Someone once told me of a Cleric of Tempus talking to someone from a non-magic world.

Mook: "What proof do you have that you can heal?"

CoT: *Punches him in the face* *casts Cure Light Wounds* "BEHOLD THE POWER OF TEMPUS!!!"

Assuming that he doesn't adopt the "wholesome healer" persona, I would imagine he would be the type that would torture people, then heal them so he can torture them some more.

Zaldrak
2007-06-15, 12:55 PM
That was a joke, as an improved Wisdom score doesn't spontaneously change your alignment.

Incidentally, Owl's Wisdom also doesn't change the color of your armor.

Oooooohhhhhhhhhhh!:smalleek: I had nooooo idea...

However, it may be a joke in our reality and totally implausible in a serious D&D world, but in OOTS universe it's a fact, Belkar really had those thoughts, and his colors really changed when V cast owl's wisdom on him.

Fighteer
2007-06-15, 01:01 PM
Oooooohhhhhhhhhhh!:smalleek: I had nooooo idea...

However, it may be a joke in our reality and totally implausible in a serious D&D world, but in OOTS universe it's a fact, Belkar really had those thoughts, and his colors really changed when V cast owl's wisdom on him.
Ever been running a pen and paper RPG session (of any type, not just D&D) and ignored or bent the rules for some off-the-wall humor? It always seems to come back to bite you when your players try to use your new "house rule" against you later. Players have long memories.

Zaldrak
2007-06-15, 01:07 PM
Ever been running a pen and paper RPG session (of any type, not just D&D) and ignored or bent the rules for some off-the-wall humor? It always seems to come back to bite you when your players try to use your new "house rule" against you later. Players have long memories.

But we don't have any proof that the OOTS members are really controlled by some players outside their own world (players that would still be part of the webcomic, I mean...)...

Lord Zentei
2007-06-15, 01:13 PM
I seem to recall Rich having stated at one point that there are in fact no players behind the characters.

For all that, since this is a D&D satire comic, the same kind of one-shot situations allowing off the wall humour can still occour.

Sigbru
2007-06-15, 04:08 PM
I seem to recall Rich having stated at one point that there are in fact no players behind the characters.

For all that, since this is a D&D satire comic, the same kind of one-shot situations allowing off the wall humour can still occour.

I heard that a long time ago, but i never saw him post anything that wasn't about the books, new comic or late comic