PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Switch Hitter Exorcist Cleric Help Requested

dascarletm
2016-01-31, 04:55 PM
I'm building a pistol and great-sword switch hitter cleric for an upcoming game.

The concept is a wanderer opening up combat with a flintlock pistol, before closing in with a great-sword, or other two-handed sword.

My original idea was to take the travel/protection(defense) domain, but I was also considering swapping one domain for Black Powder Inquisition. That would give me EWP (Firearms), and I could use the inquisition ability to open with a firearm shot on casters.

I'm torn between what I should do, perhaps I should drop the Protection(Defense) domain in lieu of taking BPI. Also, I could VMC with gunslinger to get the feats and some grit abilities without losing the domain.

Stats: 25 point buy. was going to focus dex and wis since I trade medium armor proficiency when using this archetype (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/paizo---cleric-archetypes/roaming-exorcist-cleric-archetype).
My original build took these feats
1. Opening Volley
1. Gunsmithing [Black Powder Inquisition]
1. EWP (Firearms) [Black Powder Inquisition]
1. Weapon Finesse [Human]
3. Weapon Proficiency (Elven Curve Blade)
5. Deadly Agility
7. Step-Up
9. Extend Spell

This has the problem of lacking power attack. Another option would be to not go Dex/Wis, and go Str/Wis. We allow 3.5 material if it isn't in pathfinder, so I could take Zen Archery and ignore dex altogether.

Any suggestions/help is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT:

Just noticed that I lose a domain with that archetype... I'll probably take travel, but I'm not sure now.