PDA

View Full Version : Air Genasi, Sorcerer/Rogue, The Nasty Bro

SpawnOfMorbo
2016-01-31, 09:58 PM
Lightning Dragon Sorcerer 6/Rogue 4 (Mastermind)

Str: 10
Dex: 16
Con:16
Int: 8
Wis: 10
Cha: 16

Genasi Features
• You don't run out of breath (see rules)
• Can cast levitate 1/day
Sailor Feature:
• You can arrange free passage on a ship for your party
Class Features:
• Sorcerer Archetype: Draconic
• You know Draconic and gain double your proficiency bonus on Cha checks when speaking with dragons
• Gain 1 extra hp per level, and grow scales which have an AC of 13 when you aren't wearing armor
• You have a max of 5sorcery points used to alter spells and regain spell slots
• Careful Spell: You can cause up to Cha mod creatures to pass your spell's save for 1 sorcery point
• Subtle Spell: You can cast without somatic or verbal components for 1 sorcery point
• Double proficiency with chosen skills/tools (Athletics, Stealth)
• Sneak Attack (2d6)
• Understand a secret language
• You can dash, disengage, or hide as a bonus action
• Rogue Archetype: Mastermind
• You gain fluency with two languages and proficiency with a gaming set, disguise kit, and forger's set
• Can make yourself sound like a local
• Use help action on targets within 30ft as a bonus action
• War Caster: You gain advantage on concentration vs damage, can still cast while holding weapons, and can cast a single target 1 action spell as an opportunity attack

Concentration: (best of 2d20) + 7

DC 10 or half damage I take, multiple rolls for multiple sources (multiattack means I make multiple rolls). An adult red dragon tail attack does 17 damage on average, so that's a DC 9, I would have to roll a 1 or 2 in order to fail as I need to hit a DC 10.

Cantrips

Firebolt (vs AC)
Shocking Grasp (vs AC) (2d8+3)
Frostbite (Con Save)
Lightning Lure (Str Save) (2d8+3)
Acid Splash (Dex Save)

1st
Feather Fall
Shield
Witch Bolt (C) (AC) (1d12+3/turn)

2nd
Misty Step (Bonus Action Teleport)
Hold Person (C) (Will Save)

3rd
Stinking Cloud (C) (Con Save)
Lightning Bolt (Dex Save) (8d6 + 3)

Tactics

This is that guy that loves a good fart joke, so much he has turned his entire fighting style into one big fart joke.

He will sneak up, put someone in a head lock, and then let er rip.

Primary Actions: Grapple (expertise in athletics), Stinking Cloud
Primary Bonus Actions: Sneak, Help (up to 30' away)

His help action? Well this guy can aim a fart up to 30' away.

For some reason (cough air genasi cough) this bro can't smell his own darts so Stinking Cloud has no effect on him.

The rest of his levels will be in Drragon Sorcerer

Feats and ASI to gain...
Grappler
Boost Cha
Boost Dex

Final Levels will be something like Sorcerer 16/Rogue 4 OR Sorcerer 15/Rogue 5 as uncanny dodge will be great.

The Nasty Bro is so good he can let out silent but deadlies and even darts that somehow don't effect his allies. (subtle and careful spell metamagic for the win).

Eventually he will pick up quicken spell so he can grapple and drop a stinker

The enemy, to move away, will have to beat my con save and then beat my athletics check. I believe to get out of a grapple takes an action but I'll have to check.

Checked: Getting out of a grapple is an action.

Edit

So the grappled feat is a no go, I don't have the strength for it (expertise should count :()

I'll just boost Cha and Dex, maybe put in tavern brawler at some point... Hmm...

For a level 20 build I would have three ASIs to play with. I would probabaly just go 18 Dex, Con, and Cha.

Corran
2016-02-01, 08:15 AM
Lol, sounds like a very fun build! I like how you seem to have planned even the slightest details. Terrence and Philip would be proud!!!

ps: For some reason I think bard should fit with this concept. Perhaps the UA jester path? Maybe replace the rogue levels with bard, or restrict your sorcerer levels to 3 and then take bard? Havent checked if it offers anything of value, but as I said, bard fits this concept in my mind.

Edit: Dont forget the no 1 rule of the bro code. Never, ever, fart on anyone's balls!!!

SpawnOfMorbo
2016-02-01, 11:18 AM
Lol, sounds like a very fun build! I like how you seem to have planned even the slightest details. Terrence and Philip would be proud!!!

ps: For some reason I think bard should fit with this concept. Perhaps the UA jester path? Maybe replace the rogue levels with bard, or restrict your sorcerer levels to 3 and then take bard? Havent checked if it offers anything of value, but as I said, bard fits this concept in my mind.

Bard could work, no doubt, however the Bard isn't as focused with their art.

I prefer the sorcerer, not just for the bonus damage, but because I see this guy as the bro from college who has the right lineage where if he gets in trouble... Well he doesn't get in trouble, he is part of the right family that it isn't surprising that he turned out this way.

I originally had him as a sailor background, might switch that up to noble but then again I can just say his family is very very well off shipping tycoons.

I absolutely can't believe I forgot about T&P, I'm ashamed of myself for not having references in this build :(