PDA

View Full Version : D&D Adventurers Guild Season 4 Sneak Previews!

Scorpienne
2016-02-01, 10:05 AM
http://dndadventurersleague.org/curse-of-strahd-adventures/

Check out the Season 4 Sneak Previews!

Spoilers below in the form of adventure blurbs. If you don't want to know the adventure blurbs, stop reading here.

In DM's Guild March 1st

DDAL04-01 Suits of the Mists
Strange things are afoot in the Moonsea. The factions have called all those willing and able to investigate strange occurrences in the region surrounding Phlan. Dark whispers and unseen terrors lurk in the misty shadows between this world and someplace much more sinister. Unveil the horrors before it is too late! Part one of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
Designer: Shawn Merwin
Characters of Level 1-2, optimized for 1st
Playtime: 5 hours (adventure includes five, 1 hour adventures)

In DM's Guild April 1st

DDAL04-02 The Beast
Something strange is afoot within the Quivering Forest. So much so that even the elves of Greenhall have left their homes to seek out help from their newfound neighbors. But, their tales of a strange beast are not earning them any favor; especially among the Vistani, whom the elves suspect is to blame for their ills. Return once more to the Quivering Forest and learn the terrifying truth! Part two of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
Designer: Alan Patrick
Characters of Level 1-4
Playtime: 2 hours

DDAL04-03 The Hangman
The locals are spreading rumors of the emergence of an age-old relic in a remote farming village. Surely you won’t be the only one to seek it, but can you afford to not be successful in this mission? And why haven’t they claimed it for themselves? Part three of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
Designer: Jerry LeNeave
Characters of Level 1-4

DDAL04-04 The Marionette
A Vistani fortuneteller has called you out by name during the burgomeister’s private reading. She raved of an army of the dead, a delicate powder box, and a beautiful yet dangerous woman. Now the burgomeister wants to know why you’re more important than he is… Part four of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
Designer: Robert Alaniz
Characters of Level 1-4
Playtime: 4 hours

DDAL04-05 The Espers
The time has come to venture beyond the village of Orașnou and explore the realm of Barovia. However, in your travels, you happen across an unusual tribe of people–distrusted denizens of the Demiplane of Dread. Do the Vistani truly possess the ability to see the future, or is it simple parlor tricks and deceit? Part five of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
Designer: Ron Lundeen
Characters of Level 1-4

In DM's Guild May 1st

DDAL04-06 The Ghost
Old hatreds die hard, but sometimes it is necessary to set aside petty, personal disagreements for the greater good. The hag, Jeny Greenteeth, is wise and may prove instrumental in the troubles that lay ahead. Your task will not be easy, however, the dark forces of Barovia have agents everywhere, and eyes from beyond the grave no doubt watch your every move. Part six of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
Designer: Ken Hart
Characters of Level 1-4

DDAL04-07 The Innocent
Designer: Mike Shea
Characters of Level 5-10

DDAL04-08 The Broken One
Designer: Josh Kelly
Characters of Level 5-10

In DM's Guild June 1st

DDAL04-09 The Temptress
Designer: M. Sean Molley
Characters of Level 5-10

DDAL04-10 The Artifact
Designer: Teos Abadia
Characters of Level 5-10

DDAL04-11 The Donjon
Designer: Ash Law
Characters of Level 5-10

In DM's Guild July 1st

DDAL04-12 The Raven
Designer: Matt Hudson
Characters of Level 5-10

DDAL04-13 The Horseman
Designer: Dan Helmick
Characters of Level 5-10

DDAL04-14 The Dark Lord
Designer: Greg Marks
Characters of Level 5-10

coredump
2016-02-01, 11:57 AM
I am intrigued how they plan on people getting enough XP to level up. Even if all of the tier 1s are based on APL3, there will not be enough to get to level 5 even if you get Max XP. Assuming some are APL 2, and you don't always get Max (which you should not)..... it may be difficult to get to lvl 4.....hmmmm.....

eastmabl
2016-02-01, 05:17 PM
I am intrigued how they plan on people getting enough XP to level up. Even if all of the tier 1s are based on APL3, there will not be enough to get to level 5 even if you get Max XP. Assuming some are APL 2, and you don't always get Max (which you should not)..... it may be difficult to get to lvl 4.....hmmmm.....

My GenCon experience with DDAL was that I sat at a table with my level 1 with other players who were levels 3-4. I didn't die, and at the end of the adventure, I too was level 3. As another player put it, "Level 2 is a lie."

Also, can't you use old DDAL adventures so long as they aren't from a season that hasn't been retired? I would assume that you could play OOTA and COS adventures to get up to level 5.

Lastly, there's the actual Curse of Strahd adventure that you could begin to play through, no?

Scorpienne
2016-02-01, 07:42 PM
No DDAL adventures have been retired at this point, and there have been no plans made public to retire any of them.

OOTA and COS (and Horde of the Dragon Queen and Princes of the Apocalypse and Rise of Tiamat) level PCs well beyond 5.

p

eastmabl
2016-02-02, 12:14 PM
No DDAL adventures have been retired at this point, and there have been no plans made public to retire any of them.

OOTA and COS (and Horde of the Dragon Queen and Princes of the Apocalypse and Rise of Tiamat) level PCs well beyond 5.

p

And one should suppose that Lost Mine of Phandelver gets players to level 5, which lets them start playing the tier 2 adventures.

coredump
2016-02-02, 01:16 PM
My GenCon experience with DDAL was that I sat at a table with my level 1 with other players who were levels 3-4. I didn't die, and at the end of the adventure, I too was level 3. As another player put it, "Level 2 is a lie."

Also, can't you use old DDAL adventures so long as they aren't from a season that hasn't been retired? I would assume that you could play OOTA and COS adventures to get up to level 5.

Lastly, there's the actual Curse of Strahd adventure that you could begin to play through, no?

Yes, that is if you are playing an APL 3 4-hour mod. Many of the tier 1 mods are 2-hour, and I am assuming at least 1-2 are APL 2.

At this point I am assuming the minimums will get you to 2700, and the maximums will get you around 4K or so....and they just assume you will use DtD to 'catch up' to level 5.

And no, you can't use other season adventures, because you are stuck in Barovia, and can't get out.....