PDA

View Full Version : Where is Elan and Haley?

Phoniex
2016-02-01, 03:10 PM
Ok so big battle over the end of the world is now over.. and I assumed haley and elan where on the ship with V waiting for Durkula and roy to get back. But evidently they are not because why would V (the smart one) fly the tiger all the way to the godsmoot when elan (back up healer) is right there on board the ship? Now I understand restoration is not a bard spell, and elan prolly does not have a wand of restoration (but would have been something VERY smart to pick up by Haley, I mean having the only person that can restore you be the person that drinks your blood is not a great idea). But cant elan at least caste a cure spell to keep the cat from bleeding out or to help keep it alive/awake faster than spending minutes trying to find a cleric?

Ruck
2016-02-01, 03:33 PM
Ok so big battle over the end of the world is now over.. and I assumed haley and elan where on the ship with V waiting for Durkula and roy to get back. But evidently they are not
The last time we saw them, they were on the ship, so I see no reason to think otherwise.

because why would V (the smart one) fly the tiger all the way to the godsmoot when elan (back up healer) is right there on board the ship? Now I understand restoration is not a bard spell, and elan prolly does not have a wand of restoration (but would have been something VERY smart to pick up by Haley, I mean having the only person that can restore you be the person that drinks your blood is not a great idea). But cant elan at least caste a cure spell to keep the cat from bleeding out or to help keep it alive/awake faster than spending minutes trying to find a cleric?
I think you just answered your own question.

NerdyKris
2016-02-01, 03:35 PM
One would presume from the fact that V is flying the tiger to his owner that Haley does not have a wand with that spell. Just because it's smart doesn't mean there was one there for her to buy, and I'd imagine that's the type of spell Rich wouldn't want Haley to have access to when there's a vampire around and a need for Vaarsuvius to fly to the temple, probably to tie up the loose end of the tiger being on the ship when they take off after Durkon.

Flying to the building isn't wasting time. Wasting time would be sitting on the airship. I'm not sure what you think V would accomplish there instead of being able to relay Durkon's betrayal to the rest of the Order.

Grey_Wolf_c
2016-02-01, 03:36 PM
They are bathing their orangutan.

GW

grandpheonix
2016-02-01, 05:12 PM
Im pretty sure they're playing either Jenga or Monopoly.

Peelee
2016-02-01, 07:12 PM

GW

I lolled. And that is not somethimg i am prone to.

Ruck
2016-02-01, 07:17 PM

GW

It's not quite the same now that they can no longer "have a meeting with their secret dwarf ally."

Chronos
2016-02-01, 07:45 PM
While Elan can cast (some) Cure spells, those are completely irrelevant right now. If the tiger were bleeding out, it would already be dead, and if it weren't, a Cure wouldn't change the situation any. The only people in a thousand miles who can do anything for Little Whiskers are all in that cathedral that V is flying to right now.

That said, though, it probably would have been a good idea for V to let the other two know what was going on before flying away.

Wildroses
2016-02-01, 07:53 PM
They appeared to be playing monopoly last we saw them and that takes forever. I bet they plan to stay in that room until they finish. I wonder if they will be annoyed at missing all the combat experience. Roy and V were when Haley had the Bozzok and golem Crystal mini arc.

Ruck
2016-02-01, 08:46 PM
While Elan can cast (some) Cure spells, those are completely irrelevant right now. If the tiger were bleeding out, it would already be dead, and if it weren't, a Cure wouldn't change the situation any. The only people in a thousand miles who can do anything for Little Whiskers are all in that cathedral that V is flying to right now.

That said, though, it probably would have been a good idea for V to let the other two know what was going on before flying away.

Maybe, but time is of the essence and the two members of the Mechane crew who saw what happened can do that.

Peelee
2016-02-01, 11:00 PM
They appeared to be playing monopoly last we saw them and that takes forever.

Only with houserules. If people actually played with the stock rules, it's round 60-90 minute game. Longer if you have a couple of great players and some luck being strewn around, but still.

Wildroses
2016-02-02, 12:07 AM
Trust me, when you mostly play ten-twenty minute games sixty-ninety minutes feels like forever. My childhood best friend and I never once finished a game of monopoly as we would invariably get bored around the forty minute mark and go do something else, restless children that we were.

Kish
2016-02-02, 12:11 AM
I think you just answered your own question.
This.

This came up when the Order was simply letting Belkar walk along still drained, too. No, Elan is not a replacement for a cleric. No, Elan can do nothing about vampire draining. Vaarsuvius is taking Little Whiskers to a cleric because that's what it makes sense to do. They are not taking Little Whiskers to Elan because that is something it would make no sense to do.

Mando Knight
2016-02-02, 12:41 AM
Only with houserules. If people actually played with the stock rules, it's round 60-90 minute game.

Particularly if you stick to the Housing Shortage rule, which lets you monopolize not only the properties, but the ability to improve them. Cutthroat RAW is the best way to make sure your friends will start taking suggestions on what games you should play together.

Rift_Wolf
2016-02-02, 07:26 AM
*twitch*
*twitch twitch*

I think you mean 'Where ARE Elan and Haley'

dancrilis
2016-02-02, 07:52 AM
*twitch*
*twitch twitch*

They could have meant 'Where is Elan (and Haley)?'.
'Where is Elan, and Haley?' might be acceptable - debatable I suppose.
'Where be Elan and Haley?' should likely be ok.
I think 'Where is Elan or Haley?' would also likely work.

Now if they were referring to Elan and Haley as a unit rather than a couple 'Where is Elan and Haley?' would be fine.

Given that they used 'Where is Elan and Haley' the logical inference is that they were in fact referring to them as a single unit.

Pyrous
2016-02-02, 08:13 AM
*twitch*
*twitch twitch*

From another thread:

PS Also Elan = Haley (http://oots.wikia.com/wiki/Girdle_of_Feminity/Masculinity)

Roland Itiative
2016-02-02, 08:15 AM
They are working on that "happy ending for Elan" prophecy.

KorvinStarmast
2016-02-02, 09:27 AM
They are working on that "happy ending for Elan" prophecy.
Should take about three minutes. Then what? :smallyuk:

daryen
2016-02-10, 10:22 PM
... and a need for Vaarsuvius to fly to the temple, probably to tie up the loose end of the tiger being on the ship when they take off after Durkon.

Story-wise, it is more than this. Yes, it gets the tiger back to its owner, but also gives a very nice way for Roy and Belkar to get back to the ship in a hurry. It answers and immediate need while also preparing for a future need.

And, with the moot on hold for however long, none of the present clerics can leave with Roy. Also a nice story convenience.

I am really impressed with how well this was all set up so that the OOTS gets no clerical reinforcements, but the chase can resume quickly.

Reboot
2016-02-15, 10:53 PM
Story-wise, it is more than this. Yes, it gets the tiger back to its owner, but also gives a very nice way for Roy and Belkar to get back to the ship in a hurry.

V also has Halfling-Retriving Hand and Meat-Shield-Retrieving Hand spells prepared? ;)

Darth Paul
2016-02-16, 12:38 AM
Only with houserules. If people actually played with the stock rules, it's round 60-90 minute game. Longer if you have a couple of great players and some luck being strewn around, but still.

In D&D rounds, 60 minutes IS forever...

b_jonas
2016-02-17, 07:32 AM
This came up when the Order was simply letting Belkar walk along still drained, too. No, Elan is not a replacement for a cleric. No, Elan can do nothing about vampire draining. Vaarsuvius is taking Little Whiskers to a cleric because that's what it makes sense to do. They are not taking Little Whiskers to Elan because that is something it would make no sense to do. Exactly. Note that to cure vampire draining, a cleric has to use the same spell that vampire Durkon will have to use on Durkon's mother to regrow her hand. Durkon couldn't cast that while he was still in the dwarven homelands, nor could he find anyone who would cast it for free. It's not an easily accessible spell.

Rogar Demonblud
2016-02-17, 12:19 PM

Playing 3.X, a combat that goes 60 minutes worth of rounds is going to last long enough everyone at the table will have been declared legally dead.

goodpeople25
2016-02-17, 01:06 PM
Exactly. Note that to cure vampire draining, a cleric has to use the same spell that vampire Durkon will have to use on Durkon's mother to regrow her hand. Durkon couldn't cast that while he was still in the dwarven homelands, nor could he find anyone who would cast it for free. It's not an easily accessible spell.
Uh what? I'm i missing something?
Restoration is the spell that gets rid of ability drain/negative levels, it's not a bard spell but it is only a 4th level spell.
The regrow bodyparts spell is Regenerate which is 7th level.

Peelee
2016-02-17, 02:41 PM

If a monopoly game ends up being measured in combat rounds, I'm pretty sure something went wrong. Read: house rules were in play.

georgie_leech
2016-02-19, 01:05 AM
If a monopoly game ends up being measured in combat rounds, I'm pretty sure something went wrong. Read: house rules were in play.

Or very right.:smallbiggrin:

Emperordaniel
2016-02-19, 01:38 AM
Or very right.:smallbiggrin:

"I roll 2d6 damage against your hotel!"

Hamste
2016-02-24, 02:30 PM
"I roll 2d6 damage against your hotel!"

Forget the greatsword you need not just one but two barrels of black powder to destroy just an inn. Imagine how many you need to destroy a hotel.