PDA

View Full Version : Spell Research

Nicodiemus
2016-02-02, 11:55 PM
I'm playing a Bladesinger in an AL game and he'd certainly benefit from some ranger spells. Is there any RAW for researching a spell from a different list, or is this just something I have to hash out with my DM? I'm already dipping for swashbuckling and don't really want to dip again.

SharkForce
2016-02-03, 12:13 AM
no provisions for it whatsoever. it would very obviously be homebrew to allow it, even if you actually have enough downtime (i don't know exactly how much they give you, but i have seen people counting it off as if each individual day was super-precious so i'm guessing not much). but what ranger-specific spells are you looking at anyways?

Nicodiemus
2016-02-03, 12:28 AM
Hail of thorns, hunters mark, conjure barrage and conjure volley were the 4 I was interested in.

RaynorReynolds
2016-02-03, 07:23 AM
Hail of thorns, hunters mark, conjure barrage and conjure volley were the 4 I was interested in.

It is probably going to be easier just to mc into ranger.

Theodoxus
2016-02-03, 08:04 AM
It is probably going to be easier just to mc into ranger.

Uh, going 17 levels into Ranger to get Conjure Volley on his Bladesinger isn't easier...

Going 10 levels in Bard, might be... but then, either way, you're not much of a BS, especially with 3 levels of Rogue in the mix.

In an AL game, sorry Nick, you're stuck with your spell list. It's MC or nothing - though you might find scrolls...