PDA

View Full Version : The Town -- The Comic [Spoilers]

Wukei
2006-07-11, 11:33 AM
Many of you may have heard of The Town being played in the SMBG forum.

Well Supagoof said "what if it was made into a movie"
Then Sneak (at least you all know him) said "I want to make it into a book"

Then Kyrian said "I'm going to make it into a book. He asked permission to use people's characters and has started on it.

The I said: Want to collaborate on a comic?
Kyrian said, "sure"

And so here it is: The Town Comic
http://www.town-comic.com

We are on comic #1. This Friday look for #2. The comics will be updated every Monday and Friday. We'll see how people like the Town when pictures are provided.

TinSoldier
2006-07-11, 11:35 AM
Ohh, this is going to be cool. Especially since I don't usually SMBG.

A webcomic based on avatars from a silly message board game on a forum for a stick figure webcomic. The metacomic-ing is making my head spin!

Now, where's that popcorn.

Samiam303
2006-07-11, 11:42 AM
That's hilarious! I'll definantly be following that. :)

Snurk
2006-07-11, 11:45 AM
Mmm. Shiny comic.

Valda, Adlav and Samiam: the Jacked-Up Trinity
2006-07-11, 11:57 AM
Many of you may have heard of The Town being played in the SMBG forum.

Well Supagoof said "what if it was made into a movie"
Then Sneak (at least you all know him) said "I want to make it into a book"

Then Kyrian said "I'm going to make it into a book. He asked permission to use people's characters and has started on it.

The I said: Want to collaborate on a comic?
Kyrian said, "sure"

And so here it is: The Town Comic
http://www.town-comic.com

We are on comic #1. This Friday look for #2. The comics will be updated every Monday and Friday. We'll see how people like the Town when pictures are provided.

DUDE! That's freakin' awesome! Valda/Adlav'll be in it right? Draw me however you like. I notice Adlav's on the cast page but Valda is not. I will post the URL for Valda in just a sec.

Here it is!

http://tinyurl.com/kjs3o

Was that hooded guy in the teaser strip moi?

Wukei
2006-07-11, 12:05 PM
That was Merant/Hawkeye. And I'm not adding everyone's doubles into the cast. I mostly just put the cast up there as such so I'd know who has given permission to use their characters.

2006-07-11, 12:11 PM
Merant? Who's that? I though Hawkeye's double was Levet ??? Anway, I'd really like to be in this thing. Are you doing the dark god arc for the strip? I wanna see me raiding the Temple of Tiamat and evading officer Reijas. Or do you not have his permission to use him yet?

As you can probably tell, I'm voraciously excited about this whole deal! ;D

Wukei
2006-07-11, 12:14 PM
I haven't gotten his permission, but we may change things a bit so that there's an NPC character rather than a PC in a certain part so that we can still keep the storyline.

2006-07-11, 12:21 PM
I haven't gotten his permission, but we may change things a bit so that there's an NPC character rather than a PC in a certain part so that we can still keep the storyline.

Good idea. The NPC should still have a toad on his shoulder, a stick up his ass and some prior allegiance to Valda (just to keep things relatively consistent).

Lykan
2006-07-11, 12:59 PM
Horray! I'm a character in a comic! Awesome Miss!

2006-07-11, 07:38 PM

But of course. Without you and Mortia the town would not exist!

CapnAlex
2006-07-12, 02:16 AM

*sniff* I'm not. [hint]

PhoeKun
2006-07-12, 02:32 AM
*takes a look*

Interesting. I am impressed by what I see so far, and intrigued by the concept behind this. And, I love Wukei's artwork... always have.

This is the first thing that actually made me look at The Town... I'm not sure it's quite my thing, but the point is, I looked. :P

Once I ressurect my primary computer, I'll be bookmarking this. Keep it up!

InaVegt
2006-07-12, 07:31 AM
You know that there was an official referee (not that I had any power, but I was the referee) right?

2006-07-12, 09:19 PM
This whole idea pwns. One thing concerns me thought. Two actually. The first being, that Sneak said he didn't want to be in it (actually he said that about Kyrian's book, but I assume it applies here too). Sneak plays an intrical role in The Town, namely at the Milk Bar. Perhaps he should be replaced with an NPC... The second thing, is that no one has ever seen my face, as I have always either covered it with a hood, or had cool swooshy wind FX to blow my dreads in front of it. For the face I need to have a rather pointed nose with a moustache and goatee. That is all. Hope that helps! :)

Valda/Adlav

Wukei
2006-07-13, 07:17 PM
In concern of the Sneak question:

Look for tomorrow's comic ^.~

If you look on the book thread he has granted me permission to use his character.

Trog, however, still reserves the right not to allow me to use his character. Which means the awesome Dionysus sequence will be cut from the comic.

edit: in other awesome news:

We had over 500 hits to the site yesterday alone.

Ulicus
2006-07-13, 08:24 PM
Wow, Lykan's been immortalised in comic format... almost makes me want to steal his heritage again. Bwahaha*cough/splutter*

Or at least, it would, had I not got turned around in Amiria's tower and locked myself in the basement. I'm surviving on rats.

RATS!

I feel like the goddamn Batman.

Nevermind.

Seriously though, looks like fun. I'll keep an eye on it.

2006-07-13, 08:59 PM
In concern of the Sneak question:

Look for tomorrow's comic ^.~

If you look on the book thread he has granted me permission to use his character.

Trog, however, still reserves the right not to allow me to use his character. Which means the awesome Dionysus sequence will be cut from the comic.

edit: in other awesome news:

We had over 500 hits to the site yesterday alone.

Okay, so Sneak's covered we need Trog as well. Bug him for me will ya? Thanks Sniper ;).

Wukei
2006-07-13, 09:13 PM
Shhh....don't give away any secrets...

2006-07-13, 09:34 PM
Okay, keep it on the DL then... ;). But seriously we should work that concept into the strip. SOW when's the new strip gonna be up. I wanna read it before I leave for another week to go on vacation. :(.

Wukei
2006-07-13, 09:39 PM
by 12 CST. I know this board runs off EST, but I still have some inking to do...it might even be as late as 1 (2 EST)

2006-07-13, 10:02 PM
Cool. I'll mostly likely read it in the morning. Between that and seeing Dead Man's Chest with four of the coolest people I know, tomorrow's gonna pwn bigtime!

Wukei
2006-07-14, 09:19 AM
I ended up getting it up late....but I still got it up...*yawn*

2006-07-14, 11:40 AM
Cool. I was a Lykan supporter too... shame he lost :(. I gotta leave for vacation in like half an hour. Good luck with the strip. The first thing I'll do when I get home is read it!

Lykan
2006-07-15, 11:55 AM
Wow, Lykan's been immortalised in comic format... almost makes me want to steal his heritage again. Bwahaha*cough/splutter*

I'm an ardent now... I can kill you be blinking in your general direction. ::)

Sweet comic Wukei! I especially liked the fact that Mortia only had one supporter going for him... Hehe. ;D

Wukei
2006-07-15, 12:04 PM
Well if you read the first 3 pages of the thread...he did only have 2 supports...I thought that one supporter was rather cute and innocent looking in the comic, too...

And cute and innocent will always win over someone who's got an imp in his supporters! (though the imp was pretty cute, too.)

Lykan
2006-07-15, 12:15 PM
Bu-... But I had a werewolf pup supporter! You can't honestly say that would not be cute!

*sigh*... There's never gonna be a win for me, is there? ::)

Wukei
2006-07-15, 12:16 PM
Well I base the comics off of what happened in the Town...so, no...sorry...you're not winning this one.

Lykan
2006-07-15, 12:19 PM
Meh, that's not what I meant... However, I am keen on having a rematch, current storyline's permitting...

Wukei
2006-07-15, 12:47 PM
Good luck on finding Mortia.

And since we've given away the current plot, I should put a spoilers tag on here...

Wukei
2006-07-16, 12:52 PM
All right...well..it took me offering him any free merchandise that came out of it...but:

I got Trog's permission to use his character.

2006-07-25, 06:26 PM
I return! I've been back for a few days but I haven't been within forty miles of an Internet-connected computer. Don't ask. I see you've got drawings of some people. When you do me (PLZ do me) I want to be drawn as Valda in his standard sword mode.

Flabbicus
2006-07-25, 06:37 PM
Hey Valda, could you drop a moon on someone for us?

Wukei, I have a question about the comic, in the latest one it looks like Lykan is missing an arm, is that just the perspective, did it actually happen, or am I crazy?

Because I thought he lost his arm on the Elemental Plane of Fire...

Wukei
2006-07-25, 06:38 PM
He's stated that his character only has one arm. If I'm mistaken I could always draw it in....

Flabbicus
2006-07-25, 06:41 PM
Ok, I wasn't sure about it. Thanks for clearing it up.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the battle!

2006-07-26, 10:18 AM
Hey Valda, could you drop a moon on someone for us?

I only drop moons when pissed. :P

Quick note to the Wukinator (if you don't wanna be called that just say so; I just think it sounds cool) :

Some of the cast members (namely Kyrian and myself) are loosely based off liscensed characters. Once we're introduced, you may want to consider a disclaimer of sorts, just to keep Funimation (Dragonball Z/GT for Kyrian) and Level-5's (Dark Cloud 2 for me) lawyers off your heels once you start merching. Which I really hope you do; a The Town t-shirt would be cool to have.

Wukei
2006-07-26, 11:17 AM
Actually, "saiya jin" will not be mentioned. It's legal under parody law. Just as Rich is able to do mind flayers.

Kyrian
2006-07-26, 11:28 AM
Yea, it's under....something that Wukei was telling me, so I can use Kyrian for my book as well.

2006-07-27, 12:55 PM
Actually, "saiya jin" will not be mentioned. It's legal under parody law. Just as Rich is able to do mind flayers.

Yeah, but if you plan on merching, you could run into some legal crap. I could be wrong though. You seem to be more knowlegable on the subject than I am.

Wukei
2006-08-04, 01:15 PM
I didn't realize til 11 pm last night that it was Thursday...so obviously the comic's gonna be more than a little late...

2006-08-10, 09:55 PM
Oooo! I wanna Town Comic banner w/ me on it too!

I just read the new strip. Sheesh... Indurain's a brutal little nudist isn't he?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-10, 10:46 PM
While we're on the subject of copyright issues, it might be wise to alter the zergling slightly, seeing as it's directly copied from Blizzard. Maybe add spikes on it's side or something, and take away the claws on it's hind legs... Maybe.

Wukei
2006-08-11, 03:05 AM
Okay, I've added:

The Order of the Town (http://oott.town-comic.com). It even has it's own button.

A new dropdown box to the archives (http://www.town-comic.com/archive.html). This will allow people to skip to a specific chapter, so you don't necessarily have to know what page you're on in case you lose your place (as I've done many times) as long as you sort of remember what chapter. Currently we have the splash page for Chapter 1 up.

We have new link buttons. As you can see in my signature they're rather small. And they sport the characters of the Town. We currently have 25 of the 88 x 31 links posted on the links (http://www.town-comic.com/links.html) page. Lykan was kind enough to make these for us (and bored enough.)

I've also added a meter for donations. As this site only stays open by donations from other participants (and me when I can afford it) I decided it'd be best to let people know if we've reached the amount necessary to keep things running smoothly.

2006-08-11, 03:15 PM
We have new link buttons. As you can see in my signature they're rather small. And they sport the characters of the Town. We currently have 25 of the 88 x 31 links posted on the links (http://www.town-comic.com/links.html) page. Lykan was kind enough to make these for us (and bored enough.)

Thank you. Ima go bug Lykan now!

Lykan
2006-08-13, 12:14 AM
*shoots Valda in the leg and ducktapes his mouth shut*

What was that? Sorry, don't understand. ;D

Wukei
2006-08-13, 01:50 AM
I already told Lykan to slow down on his entries.

And just so everyone knows: Monday there'll be several things added and moved on the site.

The Cast Page and Teasers have been moved to the Extras page. And I've added another page there. The Fan Art button is not a button yet...just a picture. We need fan art before I'm actually going to make a page for it.

Gralamin
2006-08-14, 02:26 PM
I really got to go back to the town soon...
Awesome comic though!

Wukei
2006-08-14, 02:33 PM
Thanks...today's is a bit late...I had an emotional breakdown yesterday that slowed me down.

Lykan
2006-08-14, 07:52 PM
Ummm... Hehe... *inches away slowly*

Doesn't matter... Take as much time as you need. ;D

Mhina
2006-08-25, 03:25 AM
At least it wasn't an emotional breakdown that made this one late?

Daedrous Avari
2006-09-01, 01:48 PM
The new one is probably one of the first funny ones. I love the last panel.

Wukei
2006-09-22, 03:02 AM
Yea, drawing #10 was fun (the one dated 09.01)

I also like #14 (this wednesday's comic)...but maybe I'm just a bit giggley over the fact that I'm picking on my character's future husband in the first panel. (He's also the guy that does OotT. And if you haven't checked OotT out, do so. It's a bit different than tTtC.)