PDA

View Full Version : psion

van luke
2016-02-03, 05:15 PM
Hello I'm playing a Gestalt psion/wizard at 3rd lvl and at 4th lvl am takeing cerebremance and will be able to take another class and don't know what will work best and I was wondering about powers you guys like and feats for it . race I'm a elan. Thing would be great .

ComaVision
2016-02-03, 05:17 PM
Unless your DM is waiving it, the gestalt rules state:

. Prestige classes that are essentially class combinations-such as the arcane trickster, mystic theurge, and eldritch knight-should be prohibited if you’re using gestalt classes, because they unduly complicate the game balance of what’s already a high-powered variant.

Troacctid
2016-02-03, 05:24 PM
Some good feats include Linked Power, Psicrystal Affinity, Elan Retainment, Expanded Knowledge, Metamorphic Transfer, and Midnight Augmentation.

van luke
2016-02-03, 05:26 PM
Yes he's is allowing it it was his idea

Ellowryn
2016-02-03, 05:53 PM
Thrallherd is always an awesome PrC if your Dm is willing to allow it and you can handle having extra characters around to control. Anarchic Initiate is another good one but it can be a little wild at times if you want to have fun. The question though is what do you want your character to do? God Wizard? Blaster? Controller?

Sian
2016-02-03, 06:00 PM
since you're already quite booked in terms of active abilities (casting and manifesting), ideally you should look into something that give passive abilities ... Incarnum users is known for being good for the passive side of Gestalt (although soulborn is fairly sucky) and Binder is a viable passive track to go as well ... or maybe Factotum to ease up on your action economy aiming at Factotum 8 giving you extra Standard actions for more casting/Manifesting

van luke
2016-02-03, 06:01 PM
Controller . and I am enchantment heavy

Ellowryn
2016-02-03, 06:06 PM
Controller . and I am enchantment heavy

Thrallherd is going to be your best bet for this what with its free power and augmentations, just make sure you have backup plans for when you start running into things that you can't control.

Troacctid
2016-02-03, 06:39 PM
If Dragon Magazine is allowed, then Psiotheurgy and Cerebremetamagic (both from Dragon #349) are very powerful.

van luke
2016-02-04, 02:17 PM
I was thinking of offsetting my magic with str based . my psion is the controller and my wiz has more battle spells

Zaq
2016-02-04, 02:21 PM
I was thinking of offsetting my magic with str based . my psion is the controller and my wiz has more battle spells

I could go into great detail about why this might not be the best path for you, but let's just start with a question: what benefit, specifically, are you hoping to get from that?

van luke
2016-02-04, 03:27 PM

van luke
2016-02-04, 03:30 PM
Idk y that send again . umm I'm not really going for a special way I'm playing ce more on the chaotic side and selfish not so much evil crazy and off the walls doesn't really think before acts gets in trouble as easy as he talks his way out or fights out

van luke
2016-02-04, 03:33 PM
I use fist of stone . shield. And the elan ability to shrug off damage with power points for up close action mind thrust for close distance dam

Troacctid
2016-02-04, 03:42 PM
Generally a Wizard or Egoist of sufficient level has little need for a high Strength score, because she can simply Polymorph or Metamorphosis into a powerful combat form and use that creature's score in place of her own.

I use fist of stone . shield. And the elan ability to shrug off damage with power points for up close action mind thrust for close distance dam
If you're making heavy use of that ability, I recommend the Elan Resilience feat, which doubles its effectiveness, letting you shrug off a lot of damage for not a lot of PP.

van luke
2016-02-04, 03:49 PM
I kinda want out of the box ideas stuff I haven't thought of . stuff that works but a little crazy like I took a reserve feat and a second lvl fire spell for that feat just for the hell of it like I said he's crazy and I'm trying to make him that way . synergy but crazy synergy . he changes his fighting style alot and seems to keep pulling the team thru hard fights by accident but on purpose . he refuse to lead but always does