PDA

View Full Version : Blind Guardian

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-15, 06:57 PM
Anyone else listen to them? I bought "A Night at the Opera" and loved it. Any recommendations on what to buy next?

Gaelbert
2007-06-15, 07:00 PM
Funny you mention it, I was about to make a thread on the same topic.

Raistlin1040
2007-06-15, 07:04 PM
*hums the Soulforge*

Shadow of the Sun
2007-06-15, 07:07 PM
The Soulforge is awesome.

And, apparently about you, Rai.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-15, 07:07 PM
*hums the Soulforge*

That is my favorite song of theirs. It just ROCKS. Aside from that, my favorites would have to be "Battlefield" and "The Maiden and the Minstrel Knight," but I haven't heard much besides "A Night at the Opera."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-06-15, 07:09 PM
A Night In Middle-Earth is what you should get next, Vespe.

It's awesome.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-15, 07:11 PM
A Night In Middle-Earth is what you should get next, Vespe.

It's awesome.

So I shall. The only problem is at the stores I've gone to, they only have "Night at the Opera" and "Twist in the Myth."

Well, that's what the internet is for, no?

Shadow of the Sun
2007-06-15, 07:12 PM
Twist in the Myth is good too, so get it if you can.

Raistlin1040
2007-06-15, 07:14 PM
The Soulforge is awesome.

And, apparently about you, Rai.

Yep .

Dhavaer
2007-06-15, 07:21 PM
I'm quite fond of Battlefield and When Time Stands Still.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-15, 07:29 PM
Battlefield is like an anthem for pretty much every game I play:
Warhammer
Warhammer 40k
Warcraft
Starcraft
Star Wars
Etc

Amiria
2007-06-16, 05:31 AM
Their first three albums are great. They don't have this overwhelming orchestral arrangments, Hansi's voice is more rough on those albums, but by no means worse. In fact, I like it better.

1) "Battalions Of Fear"

2) "Follow The Blind"

3) "Tales From The Twilight World"

Search on YouTube for some of the videos of the songs. There should be live-versions of Majesty, Banish From Sanctuary, Welcome To Dying, Lord Of the Rings, Lost In The Twilight Hall, The Last Candle, and probably more.

If you only want to try out one of them I recommend "Tales From The Twilight World". They already get more bombastic on that album, if that's your thing.

Here is a cool website (http://www.curufin.com/bg/) where you can find mp3s, videos, rarities and the first demo album of Blind Guardian (then under the name of Lucifer's Heritage).

Saithis Bladewing
2007-06-16, 05:33 AM
Nightfall in Middle Earth remains my favourite. Something about the style combined with Tolkien's works touches me, and has made it my favourite album of all time, any genre, any music.

Off the album, I quite like Thorn and Time Stands Still, and Noldor (Dead Winter Reigns) is entertaining as well. However, I think that Nightfall and A Dark Passage are my favourite pieces.

Morty
2007-06-16, 05:46 AM
Blind Guardian is quite awesome. I've got Nightfall in Middle-Earth album and I've heard The Soulforged and Battlefield from A Night at the Opera- both songs are great.
From Nightfall in Middle-Earth, I find Nightfall, Mirror Mirror and Time Stands Still the best. And it's fun to read the lyrics and trying to guess what are songs about.

Theodora
2007-06-16, 09:09 AM
Blind Guardian is just great. I saw and heard them live 1 month ago, in a concert here in Greece. It was amazing. "A Night at the Opera" is one of my favourites, but you can also buy "Tokyo Tales", a live album, which contains great songs from several albums. The new one "Twist in the Myth" is really good too. I also recommend "Tales from the Twilight world", "Nightfall in Middle-earth" and "The Forgotten Tales".

Lord of the Helms
2007-06-16, 09:33 AM
I'm a huge fan. Blind Guardian is my favorite band from my home country, with only Mekong Delta and Gamma Ray giving them even a contest. I generally like their 90s work best and have tried in vain for years now which of their albums is my favorite. Whenever I listen to any of those albums, I think it's my favorite of theirs, then I put in the next, and - well, you get my point.

For my favorite song, I'd say "Traveller in Time" and "Time Stands Still at the Iron Hill". I also have a very soft spot for the original version of "Lord of the Rings", no matter how amateurish it is (hell, probably because of that) - I like it much more than the later orchestrated re-recording.

Bottom line, Blind Guardian is marvellous, especially "Nightfall in Middle-Earth", "Tales From the Twilight World", "Imaginations From the Other Side" and "Somewhere Far Beyond" and "Tokyo Tales". I do like all their other albums to some degree, though the first two are my least favorites.

JabberwockySupafly
2007-06-16, 10:52 AM
After seeing them live earlier this year in Melbourne ( I flew down from Sydney just for the show, so very very worth every cent) I am going to have to say Nightfall In Middle Earth is the album to get next, due to the sheer number of bloody fantastic songs on it. Such an amazing album. Tales from the Twilight World is a definite second, considering Welcome to Dying is on it. You should get Somewhere Far Beyond as well, I mean, come on Bard's Tale, people!...

Sorry, I get a bit carried away with bands like Blind Guardian, Iced Earth (don't really focus on a specific "niche" but recently did an awesome American Civil War album called The Glorious Burden), Virgin Steele (sing a lot about the Trojan War & Ancient Greece, really amazing work), & Bolt Thrower (Warhammer & 40K... no, i'm not kidding, check them out).

Silkenfist
2007-06-16, 11:26 AM
Ah Blind Guardian, one of the bands that did most of the work, pulling me into power metal. If you're looking for more, I'd recommend Nightfall in Middle-Earth (Beautiful album and most similar to A Night of the Opera). The older stuff is a bit more rough and less orchestral, while A Twist in the Myth opens up an entirely new direction (It has its moment though).

One of my problems with the genre in general is, that while I adore the music, I hate the lack of variance in the lyrics. Sure, battle hymns can be fun, but frankly - after a while, the Rhapsody/Hammerfall/Manowar/whatever lyrics become dull. Blind Guardian might be one of the bands with the richest lyrical qualities, followed by Sonata Arctica and Secret Sphere.

Lord of the Helms
2007-06-16, 11:32 AM
Virgin Steele (sing a lot about the Trojan War & Ancient Greece, really amazing work)

Aside from Iron Maiden and maybe Manilla Road, this is the best band ever. Really, ever. Anywhere. I especially love the two "Marriage of Heaven and Hell" albums and the "House of Atreus" two-album, three-CD saga. I'm trying to wrap my head around how the hell David Defeis managed to devise his compositions, but I don't think I'll ever be able to.

Vaniel
2007-06-16, 04:19 PM
They're even better live... :smallcool:

Oh yeah, I saw them. Still have my ticket as proof :smallcool:

/Vaniel

Pendragonx
2007-06-17, 10:28 PM
horray! Blind Guardian fans! ... I first heard them during college several years ago.. I heard "Valhalla".. and was pretty much hooked after that... saw them Live in Worcester last year..

WOW

Best. Concert. Evar!!!11oneoneoneelven!

Can't wait to see them play again! :smallbiggrin:

Narmoth
2007-06-18, 04:07 AM
After Blind Guardian, you might like to check out Demons & Wizards, the solo project of the BG singer Hansi Kurch and Jon Shaefer. Then check out Iced Earth, namely the albums "Burnt Offerings", "Horror Show" "Iced Earth" and "Dark Saga".
You might also like Dreamtone (http://wwww.dreamtone.net), a power/prog band from Turkey that is partially inspired by them

Castaras
2007-06-18, 06:05 AM
...All your links have made me want to get a blind guardian album with some of my hard-earned cash...

But there's too many albums I wanna buy...and not enough money...Darnit... :smallfrown:

Pendragonx
2007-06-18, 07:00 AM
...All your links have made me want to get a blind guardian album with some of my hard-earned cash...

But there's too many albums I wanna buy...and not enough money...Darnit... :smallfrown:

A good compromise would be to get one of their live albums which has a "best of" appeal to it ("Live", or "Tokyo Tales") ..then you can branch out from there

Attilargh
2007-06-18, 07:11 AM
Oh yeah, I love BG. Nightfall in Middle-Earth and A Twist in the Myth were real jewels of my music collection. Then my PC went, like, "bleep bleep bleebleebleep" and died one me. It devoured my music, which was kind of... a bummer.

But I'm going to see them play live at Tuska Open Air the first of July, so I'm alright. :cool: Until then, I'm going to listen to some Demons & Wizards.

Pendragonx
2007-06-18, 10:00 AM
But I'm going to see them play live at Tuska Open Air the first of July, so I'm alright. :cool: Until then, I'm going to listen to some Demons & Wizards.

wOOT! I assume Tuska is in Finland? Take pictures if you can! :D

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-18, 10:14 AM

Personally, I would recommend Night at the Opera, although I will admit that is the only one I have.

Also, I really want Night Fall in Middle Earth now...

DraPrime
2007-06-18, 03:05 PM
Get Live. It's a live album (obviously) that has pretty much all of their greatest songs, new and old. Welcome to Dying and Valhalla sound really cool on this one. And really, get Twist in the Myth last. It's a good album, but doesn't really have any memorable songs. Nightfall in Middle Earth on the other hand...

Vaniel
2007-06-18, 03:26 PM
Also, if you like Blind Guardian, check out Rhapsody, Luca Turilli, Iced Earth, Dragonforce, Sonata Arctica, Freedom Call, etc.

/Vaniel

Silkenfist
2007-06-18, 03:31 PM
I'll also recommend Dark Moor and Elvenking

Vaniel
2007-06-18, 07:52 PM
I'll also recommend Dark Moor and Elvenking

Of course! I like the latest Elvenking album :smallbiggrin:

Attilargh
2007-06-19, 05:45 AM
wOOT! I assume Tuska is in Finland? Take pictures if you can! :D
Yup, it is. I'll see if I can talk my friend into doing that, all I have is a shoddy cellphone cam.

Fun fact: "Tuska" is Finnish for "agony".

Pendragonx
2007-06-19, 06:55 PM
Yup, it is. I'll see if I can talk my friend into doing that, all I have is a shoddy cellphone cam.

Heh.. yea, I brought my cellphone with me to the last Blind Guardian show, as I was afraid they wouldn't let me in with my camera (and I was right) ...I was warned when I entered the door "if you have a camera on there, don't be snapping any pictures!" ... I did however try to sneak one shot in.. but of course.. like you said.. all it is is a "soddy cellphone cam" ..so the picture came out pretty lame

Good luck!

Fun fact: "Tuska" is Finnish for "agony".
Neat!

Syka
2007-06-19, 09:04 PM
I had heard of them from my ex. The guy I'm seeing let me listen to some stuff. Then we went to a show back in December. Easily the best live preformance I've been to.

I don't actually own any of their CD's legitimently, but I do have a compilation from another friend who went (I met him post concert when I went to school via wearing my shirt...I actually just made another friend that way...)

Valhalla is probably my favorite at the moment, for purely sentimental value. The band took a quick break right afterwards, but us in the audience kept singing the chorus. Over. And over. And over again. As in, the band came out and was going to keep playing but we didn't stop, so they just sat down and listened to us for a couple minutes before we finally petered out. Evidently the guy I had gone with was the one to start it, which doesn't surprise me.

Cheers,
Syka

DraPrime
2007-06-20, 06:01 PM
Valhalla is probably my favorite at the moment, for purely sentimental value. The band took a quick break right afterwards, but us in the audience kept singing the chorus. Over. And over. And over again. As in, the band came out and was going to keep playing but we didn't stop, so they just sat down and listened to us for a couple minutes before we finally petered out. Evidently the guy I had gone with was the one to start it, which doesn't surprise me.

Yeah, that actually happens at almost all of their concerts. It happened at the 3 I've been to, it happened in both live albums, and it happened in Imaginations Through the Looking Glass.

Pendragonx
2007-06-21, 12:43 PM
Yeah, that actually happens at almost all of their concerts. It happened at the 3 I've been to, it happened in both live albums, and it happened in Imaginations Through the Looking Glass.

I betcha most fans have heard 'LIVE' and/or saw the DVD so they know to keep singing :D .... btw, dragonprime, looks like we're in the same state.. did you go to the Worcester show?

DraPrime
2007-06-21, 10:13 PM
I betcha most fans have heard 'LIVE' and/or saw the DVD so they know to keep singing :D .... btw, dragonprime, looks like we're in the same state.. did you go to the Worcester show?

No, the three I've been to were actually in Europe. I was really pissed when I found out I missed a concert. Now I have to wait for them to come to the USA again. This sucks.

Pendragonx
2007-06-22, 11:41 AM
No, the three I've been to were actually in Europe. I was really pissed when I found out I missed a concert. Now I have to wait for them to come to the USA again. This sucks.

Oh wow! You went all the way over to Europe!? Awesome! I'd love to see one of their shows over there.. must have been pretty damn amazing! :D ..where did you see them play?

valadil
2007-06-22, 11:48 AM
Heh, I was at that worcester show too. The only concert I've seen that even came close to that was Roger Waters since Pink Floyd had been my favorite band up until Blind Guardian.

I own all their stuff and have over 40 concerts downloaded. I'll never listen to all 40, but they're there eating up HD space. Personally I'm more of a fan of the newer stuff. I could skip the first three albums, although they have some songs I like I usually don't listen to the whole album.

Telonius
2007-06-22, 11:51 AM
I saw them while I was studying in Germany in 2002, fantastic stuff. Their cover of Uriah Heep's "The Wizard" is just spectacular, especially considering the original version was pretty bad. "Battle of Sudden Flame/Time Stands Still," "Mirror Mirror," and "When Sorrow Sang" are my favorite tracks from "Nightfall in Middle Earth." I haven't gotten Twist in the Myth yet, too many other places to put my money lately.

DraPrime
2007-06-22, 12:23 PM
Oh wow! You went all the way over to Europe!? Awesome! I'd love to see one of their shows over there.. must have been pretty damn amazing! :D ..where did you see them play?

No I didn't go to Europe just to see them. The concerts were just this thing that happened during the many times that I've been to Europe.

Pendragonx
2007-06-22, 04:03 PM
Heh, I was at that worcester show too. The only concert I've seen that even came close to that was Roger Waters since Pink Floyd had been my favorite band up until Blind Guardian.

Woo, nice! I was on stuck at the bottom of the stairs to the floor on the left side (if you're facing the stage).. even from there, I felt pretty close :) I wrote up my review of the concert on The Following's (http://www.the-following.com) website.

I saw them while I was studying in Germany in 2002, fantastic stuff. Their cover of Uriah Heep's "The Wizard" is just spectacular, especially considering the original version was pretty bad. "Battle of Sudden Flame/Time Stands Still," "Mirror Mirror," and "When Sorrow Sang" are my favorite tracks from "Nightfall in Middle Earth." I haven't gotten Twist in the Myth yet, too many other places to put my money lately.

I recommend the new one.. it's good stuff! :thumbsup:

No I didn't go to Europe just to see them. The concerts were just this thing that happened during the many times that I've been to Europe.

Ahhh gotcha... which country/ies did you see them play in?

Zaragon
2007-06-22, 05:14 PM
Then check out Iced Earth, namely the albums "Burnt Offerings", "Horror Show" "Iced Earth" and "Dark Saga".

:smallbiggrin:

Iced Earth is good, but I didn't particularly like Horror Show. The Dark Saga is great (but, I'm a big fan of concept albums) and you missed "Something Wicked This Way Comes" which is widely regarded to be one of their best albums. The last three songs on it "Prophecy", "Birth of the Wicked", and "Coming Curse" (collectively titled something that escapes me at the moment) are really, really good.

Amiria
2007-06-22, 05:31 PM

Pretty bad ? I also like the original Uriah Heep verson. They are just different.

I also don't have A Twist In The Myth and I have no plans to buy it after I listened to bits of it. Afaik, their whole back catalogue is also availabe in the US. I can really recommend their older stuff. They made 5 great albums before Nightfall in Middle-Earth.

The "Tokyo Tales" Live Album gives a good overview about their first four albums ... plus a great live atmosphere.

Pendragonx
2007-06-22, 10:10 PM
Afaik, their whole back catalogue is also availabe in the US. I can really recommend their older stuff. They made 5 great albums before Nightfall in Middle-Earth.

Yea, I'm waiting till their Remastered series comes out.. definitely pick those up :smallcool:

Foeofthelance
2007-06-22, 10:19 PM
I got see them when they played BB King's last December. It was an awesome show, especially when they wrapped up a 15 minute closer then followed with the encore.

Personally, out of the albums I have I rank it at:
Nightfall in Middle Earth (Home to the battle scene that seems to precede every show)
A Night at the Opera (The last song is a beauty)
A Twist in the Myth (It seemed a bit heavier then Night as the Opera)
Live (Just fun to listen to, really. Sadly, I need a replacement disc1)
Somewhere Far beyond (Bard's Tale: Into the Forest. 'Nuff said.)
Tales from the Twilight (Decent album)
Battalions of Fear (Bit heavy for my tastes, though Gandalf is excellent)

I also second the recommendations for Sonata Arctica and Iced Eearth. Sonata Arctica just put out a new album, and Iced Earth has some great material. Personally I liked Horror Show, especially Ghost of Freedom, and Something Wicked This Way Comes is also a great album. But by far their best is The Glorious Burden discs, especially the three song tribute to Gettysburg.

Gales
2007-06-22, 10:52 PM
Blind Guardian is great, epic and gets me into fantasy -mood every time I hear it. Only song that is better than Blind Guardian's Battlefield is Freedom Call's Warriors.

Pwenet
2007-06-23, 07:44 PM
Blind Guardian, to quote a former poster - Got me into power metal. Was nice to find a band that fit me.

I personally have to say I'm particulary fond of "A Twist in the Myth" at the moment, along with Imaginations from the Other Side (actually had that as my ringtone at a former job for a while).

Narmoth
2007-06-24, 12:44 PM

I preffer the Heep version of "The Wizard". Also will suggest "The Magicians Birthday"- and "The Wizard"- albums by Uriah Heep for BG-fans.

:smallbiggrin:

Iced Earth is good, but I didn't particularly like Horror Show. The Dark Saga is great (but, I'm a big fan of concept albums) and you missed "Something Wicked This Way Comes" which is widely regarded to be one of their best albums. The last three songs on it "Prophecy", "Birth of the Wicked", and "Coming Curse" (collectively titled something that escapes me at the moment) are really, really good.

I didn't miss "Something Wicked This Way Comes". I just like it least of their albums together with Stromrider (this one because of the singer they had on it), particulary the Something Wicked Trilogy (yes, this is the collective name of it, I checked) that I think is kind of lame and diffuse. My favorite song from this album, that is also one of the songs I like the most by Iced Earth was not written for the album, but for the Melancholy EP that was shedulled to be released before the "Something Wicked This Way Comes" album as a radio single.

skyclad
2007-06-25, 07:41 AM
[narrator (Sauron):]
The field is lost
Everything is lost
The black one has fallen from the sky and the towers in ruins lie
The enemy is within, everywhere
And with him the light, soon they will be here
Go now, my lord, while there is time
There are places below
[Morgoth:]
And you know them too
I release thee, go
My servant you'll be for all time
[Sauron:]
As you command
My king
[Morgoth:]
I had a part in everything
Twice I destroyed the light and twice I failed
I left ruin behind me when I returned
But I also carried ruin with me
She, the mistress of her own lust

*Start Into the Storm* \m/ (>_<) \m/

Pendragonx
2007-06-25, 07:21 PM
Give it to me!
I must have it!

DraPrime
2007-06-26, 09:49 PM
Ahhh gotcha... which country/ies did you see them play in?

German, German, and Germany.

Telonius
2007-06-27, 09:37 AM
I preffer the Heep version of "The Wizard". Also will suggest "The Magicians Birthday"- and "The Wizard"- albums by Uriah Heep for BG-fans.

Must just be my tastes then - I bought the "Best of Uriah Heep" album after I heard the BG version of The Wizard, and couldn't stand a single track on it.

Oh yeah, Freedom Call. They opened for BG when I saw them in ... Stuttgart, I think. They were pretty good.

TheKnifeofTrust
2007-06-27, 12:11 PM
YES! BG fans! I've been a Blind Guardian fan since high school and own every album, but Tokyo Tales, and have the DVD.

I LOVE Blind Guardian!:biggrin:

Though, I'm from the U.S. and while they're are plenty of B.G. fans around I'm sure, I don't know really know any.

I saw them live in Philly for the first time ever and it was amazing.
Hansi signed my shirt! So good!

Attilargh
2007-06-27, 12:16 PM
Hansi signed my shirt! So good!
Note to self: Buy a shirt to get signed.

Pendragonx
2007-06-27, 01:10 PM
Note to self: Buy a shirt to get signed.

Ha! ,,I bought a shirt at the concert I went to... but I didn't have the foresight to hang out after the concert to try getting it signed... then again, my friend and I were exhausted from singing and headbanging and still had an hours drive to get home :smallamused:

German, German, and Germany.

Awesome! Man, I'd love to see them play there... some day I need to go to either Bloodstock or Wacken:OpenAir ..seems like a lot of good music at those festivals

TheKnifeofTrust
2007-06-27, 02:34 PM
then again, my friend and I were exhausted from singing and headbanging and still had an hours drive to get home

LoL a good friend of mine and I waited A VERY LONG TIME (by HIS suggestion after I mentioned staying) after the concert for Blind Guardian to come out. It's a good story if you feel like reading it...

It was mind-numbingly cold out. (PA winter weather is no joke.) I actually couldn't take it anymore (wearing only a T-shirt and leather jacket and later I put on the shirt that I just bought which got signed) and we decided to leave. We're driving by the back alley where we were waiting and noticed the small crowd that was waiting with us was gone! We were like you gotta be kidding...Dan says basically get out and go, I'll drive. I hop outa the car and run to the front of the venue where just Hansi (the lead singer), (André, I think was there, but left almost as soon as I got there) is SURROUNDED by the small crowd from earlier. I'm literally struck dumb by seeing Hansi, of my fav. band ever, not on stage, but right in front of me. (I get star-struck easy.) I just stared, probably with my mouth open, for a good while as he signed EVERYTHING and smiled for pics. He seemed really happy to do it. Next thing I know is he's being called by a JERK of security guard to get on the buses to go. They were HUGE and were blocking the road. He's then trying to backpedal toward the bus, STILL signing things. While he's doing this, I realize (STUPIDLY) I don't have a pen and beg for someone around me to let me borrow a pen.

I wasn't going to let him leave without at least talking to him and did this without even thinking about it. Someone hands me a marker and as Hansi is literally about to get on the bus, I was the last person he signed something for, I had the guts to push my way past EVERYONE came right up to him and ask if he could sign my shirt. He looked at me and the happy face he had put up for everyone was GONE. Not mad, he just looked incredibly tired. (He is getting older.) As he's signing my shirt I tell him how amazing they were tonight and how I've loved them forever. He nevers says one word to me, gives me a quick small smile and steps back onto the bus. Someone said, "Hansi! Please one more picture!" And I'll never forget...He says from the bus step, in his German accent, "It is impossible" and got on the bus.

It was all happened so fast and I was in shock for the rest of the night. Dan was so happy that I got my shirt signed and I have so many GREAT memories from that night. So good. Hope you enjoyed the story. :smallbiggrin:

DraPrime
2007-06-27, 05:28 PM
Hope you enjoyed the story. :smallbiggrin:

I did. The funny thing is that Hansi experiences that all the time. I wonder if he still enjoys it?

Pendragonx
2007-06-27, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the story TheKnifeofTrust. :smallbiggrin:

I did. The funny thing is that Hansi experiences that all the time. I wonder if he still enjoys it?

Yea, I can only imagine how much he gets mobbed..especially in Europe! But they're still out there touring and making music, so I suppose if it was that much of a problem, they all would have stopped long ago, eh?

skyclad
2007-06-29, 05:39 AM
That's a great story :) I wish I could go and see them some day, they seem like a fantastic live band.

Fredricus
2007-06-30, 02:57 AM
I've got only few(3) songs of Blindguardian that my friend gave to me. Now i'm hooked! Tomorrow Tuska and see them live!

About Tuska, today W.A.S.P. will play and I have my sommer exam. The world is unfair, atleast i see Blinguardian tomorrow.

Jannex
2007-06-30, 04:22 AM
I'm another voice in the "Blind Guardian was the band that got me into power metal" camp. I adore them. I saw them play once, in 2002, in New Jersey. It was amazing. I had the FLU, and it was still amazing.

My favorite albums are probably Imaginations from the Other Side, Nightfall in Middle Earth, and A Night at the Opera. I need to listen to A Twist in the Myth again; I think I've only played it once or twice through.

It's always good to find more Blind Guardian fans... :smallsmile:

Dragor
2007-06-30, 05:19 AM
I'm a big Blind Guardian fan- I got Nightfall in Middle Earth and Twist in the Myth a few months ago (since I heard all the GiTP'ers raving about it, heh heh.) and I'm glad I did.

Attilargh
2007-07-02, 05:05 PM
Tuska was awesome, Blind Guardian was awesome. Hundred and ten percent of pure AWESOME. The buggers didn't play Valhalla, though, but that didn't stop the crowd from singing the chorus after they left the stage.

And I got meself a Nightfall in Middle-Earth, and it's brilliant. All in all, a great trip.

Pendragonx
2007-07-02, 08:03 PM
Tuska was awesome, Blind Guardian was awesome. Hundred and ten percent of pure AWESOME. The buggers didn't play Valhalla, though, but that didn't stop the crowd from singing the chorus after they left the stage.

And I got meself a Nightfall in Middle-Earth, and it's brilliant. All in all, a great trip.

they didn't play Valhala!?!? o.O whoa ....glad you liked the concert though! :D

Scorpina
2007-07-02, 09:06 PM
I freaking love Blind Guardian, and in August I shall see them live at Wacken. Yays!

Fredricus
2007-07-04, 02:42 AM
It was a great concert. Blind Guadian is definetly a band that doesn't fade live. Now I've gotten myself some albums, I'll listen to them when I come from work.