PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Super Defender!

Triskavanski
2016-02-04, 01:33 PM
So I've noticed a few things

Blundering Defense (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Blundering%20Defense) and Draconic Defender (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Draconic%20Defender)

So you go and start fighting defensively. With 3 ranks of acrobatics, you could go give someone +2 luck bonus to their ac, and a +4 Natural armor bonus.

Cautious fighter gives you another +2 to dodge, so you're looking at +3 luck +6 natural armor. Throw in helpful with Body guard and you can start using AoOs to give allies another +3 to their defense.

Geddy2112
2016-02-04, 02:15 PM
Edit: This got me thinking about MC hammer, the halfling monk of many styles that cant be touched. This is a rough sketch, but-
Assuming a 15 point Buy, S5 Dex 20 Con 10 Int 13 Wis 16 Cha 9. At level 20, +6 belt of dex, +5 dex from stat boots, +5 to dex from tome, +6 headband of wis, +4 to wis from tome. Total dex 36 total wis 30

Starting AC 10
+1 Size
+3 fighting defensive/+6 total defense
+23 Stats(dex and wis from monk)
+1 dodge feat
+5 Monk AC bonus
+5 crane wing style feat(all 3 feats)
+2 kirin style feat(requires knowledge check)
+2 snapping turtle style(all 3 feats)
+2 outslug style(all 3, requires 5 foot step)
+5 combat expertise feat
+8 bracers of armor
+5 amulet of natural armor
+5 ring of protection
+2 cautious fighter feat
+5 uncanny defense or +6 if total defense(crane and cautious fighter stack here)
+1 good luck stone
+1 dusty rose prism ioun stone
+4 defending blocking tonfa

A 91 AC fighting defensively, and that is still a 77 touch. On total defense it jumps to an 95.

Then defend your allies...

Anything I did wrong or any more insanity is welcome...

IronwolfXVI
2016-02-04, 11:42 PM
Other than having a reach weapon to aid an ally further away and being on your turn not an AoO, does dragon defender do anything different than bodyguard?

SangoProduction
2016-02-05, 02:06 AM
Well, you could go ahead and shrink further and further, if you want to increase your AC, but as nothing would hit you... except the things that are most deadly (aka, the save and die, or no-save-and-die spells)... there'd be little point, and you'd be nerfing your own damage. That last bit's probably not relevant, but you would lose your reach if you shrink too far, unless you take the Aberration feats for extended reach (and tentacles from that same line to qualify for both that extended reach, and the one from Savage Species for a total of +10 reach), and then slap on a reach weapon, and you've always got a 20 ft reach even when you're smaller than an ant (which is a defensive bonus to your allies as well).
...or you could just use spiked chain, since no rules change its reach based on size.

If using a 1 hander, there's a feat that increases AC while fighting defensively with just 1 hand weapon and a free hand. I forget what it's called. It really quite sucks, but hey, not the point of the thread. Also improves how much you help your allies.

SwordChucks
2016-02-05, 01:52 PM
I spent a while coming up with a build for Pathfinder with the goal of being the best at helping my team mates. Feel free to criticize:

Traits: Helpful (the halfling one), Fools for friends

Sensei monk 1: cautious fighter, IUS, dodge
Sensei monk 2:
Lorewarden Fighter 1: blundering defense, crane style
Lorewarden Fighter 2: combat expertise, combat reflexes
Honor guard/Strategist cavalier (order of the paw)1: gang up, crane wing
cavalier 2:
cavalier 3: bodyguard, team up
cavalier 4:
golden legionnaire 1: outflank
golden legionnaire 2: standstill
golden legionnaire 3: swift aid
golden legionnaire 4: merciless beating
battle herald 1: toughness
battle herald 2:
battle herald 3: draconic defender
battle herald 4:

You end up with a wolf AC with the bodyguard archetype, aid another as a swift and a move, +7-10 when fighting defensively that you can grant to allies 1.5 times, Dex mod times per round you can aid anothers defense, and your aid another bonus is +6 for attacks and +7 for ac.

Oh, and your wolf helps you flank and has bodyguard too.