PDA

View Full Version : reserve feats

van luke
2016-02-04, 02:05 PM
I would really like a complete list of reserve feat and where they are (books) . iv been on the net most of the day trying to find them and can't find anything

nedz
2016-02-04, 02:11 PM
Acidic Splatter Complete Mage
Aquatic Breath Complete Mage
Blade of Force Complete Mage
Borne Aloft Complete Mage
Charnel Miasma Complete Champion
Clap of Thunder Complete Mage
Clutch of Earth Complete Mage
Dimensional Jaunt Complete Mage
Dimensional Reach Complete Mage
Drowning Glance Complete Mage
Face-Changer Complete Mage
Fiery Burst Complete Mage
Fragile Construct Complete Champion
Holy Warrior Complete Champion
Hurricane Breath Complete Mage
Invisible Needle Complete Mage
Magic Disruption Complete Mage
Magic Sensitive Complete Mage
Minor Shapeshift Complete Mage
Mitigate Suffering Complete Champion
Mystic Backlash Complete Mage
Protective Ward Complete Champion
Shadow Veil Complete Mage
Sickening Grasp Complete Mage
Storm Bolt Complete Mage
Summon Elemental Complete Mage
Sunlight Eyes Complete Mage
Touch of Distraction Complete Mage
Touch of Healing Complete Champion
Umbral Shroud Complete Champion
Wind-Guided Arrows Complete Mage
Winter's Blast Complete Mage

Cerefel
2016-02-04, 02:12 PM
Most of them are in Complete Mage, but there are also a few in Complete Champion.

EDIT: Swordsaged

Norin
2016-02-04, 02:34 PM
Any idea what the save dc for the reserve feats are basen on? "Reflex for half" and such.

nedz
2016-02-04, 02:39 PM
10 + Spell level in the feat + Stat mod
CMage p37

Unless overridden of course.

Note powering Fiery Burst, say, with a 3rd level spell only has a DC of 10+2+ Stat

Troacctid
2016-02-04, 03:19 PM
Correction, it uses the level of the spell that's allowing you to use the reserve feat. So Fiery Burst powered by a 3rd level spell has a DC of 13 + ability mod, not 12 + ability mod.

nedz
2016-02-04, 04:51 PM
Correction, it uses the level of the spell that's allowing you to use the reserve feat. So Fiery Burst powered by a 3rd level spell has a DC of 13 + ability mod, not 12 + ability mod.

That's the text, but it's not how I read it. I could be wrong, it's a little unclear, and the example is useless in clarifying this.

Ed: having read the rest of the page my initial interpretation was probably wrong.

Troacctid
2016-02-04, 05:02 PM
That's the text, but it's not how I read it. I could be wrong, it's a little unclear, and the example is useless in clarifying this.

Ed: having read the rest of the page my initial interpretation was probably wrong.

Yeah, like, consider if you were a Sorcerer and you just knew Fireball as your only fire spell. There's no way you could interpret that as a 2nd level spell allowing you to use Fiery Burst—you don't even have any 2nd level fire spells. So it has to be referring to the spell slot that's actually powering the feat.

Norin
2016-02-05, 06:09 AM
Yeah, like, consider if you were a Sorcerer and you just knew Fireball as your only fire spell. There's no way you could interpret that as a 2nd level spell allowing you to use Fiery Burst—you don't even have any 2nd level fire spells. So it has to be referring to the spell slot that's actually powering the feat.

So, to get this clear - The DC increases in proportion to the level of the reserved spell slot?

If you have a lvl 8 fire spell avaialble, and use that slot to feed the reserve fiery burst, the DC is 10+8+stat?
Likewise if you have a lvl 6 fire spell that is available, and use that to feed the burst, the DC is 10+6+stat?

Thanks in advance.

Khedrac
2016-02-05, 06:49 AM
So, to get this clear - The DC increases in proportion to the level of the reserved spell slot?

If you have a lvl 8 fire spell avaialble, and use that slot to feed the reserve fiery burst, the DC is 10+8+stat?
Likewise if you have a lvl 6 fire spell that is available, and use that to feed the burst, the DC is 10+6+stat?

Thanks in advance.

That's the way I play it, iirc the rules don't actually say...

Troacctid
2016-02-05, 03:11 PM

Thanks in advance.

Yes, that is correct.