PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Fear Build for A Mini-Boss?

Palanan
2016-02-04, 04:15 PM
I'm working on a half-orc crimelord who relies on fear and blackmail to rule his backstreet empire, and I could use advice on a fear build.

This will be a four-level build, and the Thug rogue with Enforcer sounds like a good place to start, but I'm not sure where to go after that. How much fear can you pack into four levels in Pathfinder?

Geddy2112
2016-02-04, 04:33 PM
Thug is solid because you can instill frightened easily. However, I would be tempted to go thug 1/antipaladin 3 for that dead sexy aura of cowardice. A -4 to saves against fear within 10 ft is nice, but being able to scare things normally immune to fear is flat out amazing.

You might want to consider dazzling display, but you would not be able to take enforcer at this level without being human. Neither is really wrong here.

Palanan
2016-02-04, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Geddy2112
However, I would be tempted to go thug 1/antipaladin 3 for that dead sexy aura of cowardice.

The antipaladin can definitely lay down the fear, but that's not quite the direction I'd like to go. The crimelord will be Neutral, and there's a chance he can be drawn into alliance with the party, which wouldn't be an option for an antipaladin.

I found a very nice beguiler conversion for PF which would go well with the crimelord's style. Thug Rogue 1/Beguiler 3 is tempting, for a little Intimidate synergy and for the criminal utility of things like charm person and memory lapse.

Geddy2112
2016-02-05, 10:29 AM
The antipaladin can definitely lay down the fear, but that's not quite the direction I'd like to go. The crimelord will be Neutral, and there's a chance he can be drawn into alliance with the party, which wouldn't be an option for an antipaladin.

I found a very nice beguiler conversion for PF which would go well with the crimelord's style. Thug Rogue 1/Beguiler 3 is tempting, for a little Intimidate synergy and for the criminal utility of things like charm person and memory lapse.

Ah yeah, neutral throws that right out. If you are dabbling into magic, then consider the spell blistering invective (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/blistering). It is dazzling display, but only takes a standard action, single spell, and can light people on fire just by yelling at them.

Very brutal.