PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Deck of Many things, Super hero addition.

RingofThorns
2016-02-04, 04:18 PM
I have been rolling it around for a while now to make a deck of many things that would be based largely around super heroes and would be used I am thinking mostly at character creation to help design what kind of character a player would have.

So I now come to you the people of the playground for help, I have had one encounter with the deck of many things and I am hoping for a little insight into how to change up the cards to be more comic book esque. For starters mostly I would love to have a list of all the cards in the deck and what they represent just so I have a base to work off of.

Also I have no idea if this is the right section for this or not if it is cheers, if not please tell me the correct board and I will happily move the post.

nedz
2016-02-04, 06:46 PM
This (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/artifacts.htm#deckofManyThings) good enough ? It's 3.5 but the cards haven't changed much over time.

It's loosely based on the Major Arcana of the Tarot - which may not be what you want for super heroes.

I did look at using IChing for character development, but that's too nebulous I found.

Do you have any scheme in mind for your Super Trumps ?

Hey, I got a good name for them at least.:smallamused:

RingofThorns
2016-02-04, 07:52 PM
I was thinking along the lines of, Strength,Dexterity,Intelligence, and well not sure for the fourth any thoughts?

Mr Beer
2016-02-04, 09:31 PM
For supers, a lot of cards should be gain or lose powers IMO. Anything from randomly gain or lose 1 power, right up to 'now you are a normal' or 'all your powers are changed to completely different ones'. Other things could be changing from hero to villain or vice versa, being captured by your worst enemy, falling in love with your worst enemy or having your secret identity revealed to the world.

RingofThorns
2016-02-04, 11:27 PM
I like alot of those ideas since the idea was that it would be used during character creation to help give characters backstory and why they are doing what they are doing and the like.