PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Making Qurrah (from David Dalglish's books)

Ketiara
2016-02-04, 05:32 PM
Hi all, Im making a Half-Elf/Orc necromancer (Ive made my own race as a DM ive boosted them a bit to make it interesting and also as a story plot)

Anyways Im making a Necromancer (not yet a lich!) But he is a prodigy and destined to surpass his master (a lich - the most powerful lich).
Im playing a high lvl game, and id like to have Qurrah and Harruq (a necromancer and barbarian/fighter) make their first intro to our game, they wont have any magic items and I hope they will be caught and imprissoned.

BUT! What spells would Qurrah have?!? Im hoping for imputs from readers of the book.. as Im the DM I can do what I want, if it fits the theme... (thats how ive presented my game to my players)

For ppl that havent read the books:
qurrah is a necromancer doing spells like Hemorrhage! (start bleeding!) or freeze (ill freeze your internal organs).
Then ofcourse he raises undeads alot of them! and they are stronger than mere bones glued together.

Qurrah often uses magic to procject small bone objects into the eyes and soft parts of adversarys what spell could do this?

Anyways im aiming this NPC to be really evil along with his brother Harruq thats a strong barbarian fighter with two shortswords.
I just need them to be a cool strong team as lvl 15 toons, no magic items yet a fun fight with great thematic against a strong party of lvl 18 chars...

Okey so I plan for my groupe to get them pretty fast and easy, although qurrah has made an entire village zombies... anyways the two will be caught, and imprissoned! a strong faction of liches will release the necromancer and train him and supply him with items to take over the continent! (they should have killed him!) but this is just a small side encounter/sidetreck that I want completed if the choose to move this way

Hope you can help me!
What I really need help with?
Spells thats especially necro ish!
Spells thats just a tad too evil!
Spells thats homemade but balanced to be evil but not overpowered! BUT DANG EVIL!!!
MORE EVIL SPELLS!