PDA

View Full Version : Drawing from Knowledge (Playground) for this

Droopy McCool
2016-02-04, 11:30 PM
So another thread made me question why there were some useless, or fluffy, skills in the first place. Here, I've combined some (and changed some names because why not) to make skills that all have actual uses.

Arcana (Arcana)
Dungeoneering (Dungeoneering + Architecture and Engineering)
Culture (Local + Nobility and Royalty + History)
Nature (Nature + Geography)
Theology (Religion)
Cosmology (The Planes)

Please let me know if you see any combinations that should've or shouldn't have been made (within reason). Also, are their any other non-campaign specific knowledge skills that should be added to the list? Thanks!

McCool

daremetoidareyo
2016-02-04, 11:49 PM
Why do you separate the planes from religion?

tropical_punch
2016-02-05, 12:15 AM
Why do you separate the planes from religion?

My guess would be to keep it balanced. All these consolidated skills are fairly situational, whereas Planes and Religion are both very useful in their own right.

Troacctid
2016-02-05, 12:22 AM
All of these seem acceptable. Nature + Geography is one that I use in my own games.

Zaydos
2016-02-05, 12:45 AM
I'd say all of these are fairly useful and well thought out (and would definitely not combine Planes and Religion, but then again I do Planescape a good bit where Planes already gobbles a fair bit of Nature and Local).

Droopy McCool
2016-02-05, 01:28 AM
Why do you separate the planes from religion?My guess would be to keep it balanced. All these consolidated skills are fairly situational, whereas Planes and Religion are both very useful in their own right.

My point exactly. I put skills that made sense together, but nothing that would make everyone go for it as a class skill to abuse the crap out of Knowledge Devotion and such. Also, except for a few planes, I don't see those two fitting with each other.

I'm glad it looks good.

McCool