PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars d20 The Cosmic Force (brainstorming)

ALOR
2016-02-05, 12:35 AM
Not sure if this is the right forum other than its d20 but here it goes(If I'm in the wrong spot, please move the thread). So after some discussion my group decided rather than buy books for a new system we would go ahead and use star wars d20 revised for my new game(not saga).

In a clone wars episode Qui Gon's force ghost mentions the cosmic force and toward the end of the series Yoda brings it up too. This got my imagination turning. We hear about the living force and see it used quite a bit. From wookiepedia I've learned that the cosmic force deals with what binds the universe together. So I thought having powers based of the cosmic force would be an interesting addition. From what I can put together farseeing is really the only power that is derived from the cosmic side. So I would like to develop some more powers/feats related to it. In my mind, this side of the force deals with concepts like machines(and droids), probability and the future and movement through space. Here are some of the base ideas I've come up with.

Teleport- use the force to transport yourself and possibly others to a different location(this would work like the force ghosts ability to move to different places)
Control electronics- control electronic devices or droid
shut off power- cause power loss to electronics or droids
invisibility to electronics- electronic devices (droids, cameras, etc) cannot perceive you
meta concert- link with multiple minds across vast distance with the force
danger sense- plus to initiative, saves and defense.
effect probability – roll 2 d20 and take the best or enemy rolls 2 d20 and takes the worse.

What I'm asking is if others have ideas down this path. If anyone has suggestions for a skill or how one of the above skills, would work or ideas for force feats I'd love some feed back. If you don't know the system and just have ideas for Cosmic Force powers that's perfectly fine.

I know that the game really doesn't need this, but I just can't get this idea out of my head and I'd like to explore it further.

Thanks in advance!

BowStreetRunner
2016-02-05, 10:55 AM
When I think of 'cosmic force' as 'what binds the universe together', gravitational forces and hyperspace come to mind.

ALOR
2016-02-05, 07:35 PM
so maybe powers like flight...I guess thats already covered with force jump to a degree. Perhaps a power that reverses or increases gravity?