PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 tribe campaign idea

shadowpaly
2016-02-05, 01:08 AM
So I'm thinking about running a 3.5 campaign where the party starts off as a tribe. The group I'm playing with chose elves. So my idea my not be original but I haven't seen anything like it before so.... . My idea is to have the party explore their area for the first few levels then they find or are found by settlers from a foreign land bringing civilization to a new world. What will the pcs do?
I thought the campaign could be built around what the pcs choose to do. Do they fight to keep the old ways or do they turn to the new.
Please let me know what you think. Thank you for reading

Ralcos
2016-02-05, 01:12 AM
So I'm thinking about running a 3.5 campaign where the party starts off as a tribe. The group I'm playing with chose elves. So my idea my not be original but I haven't seen anything like it before so.... . My idea is to have the party explore their area for the first few levels then they find or are found by settlers from a foreign land bringing civilization to a new world. What will the pcs do?
I thought the campaign could be built around what the pcs choose to do. Do they fight to keep the old ways or do they turn to the new.
Please let me know what you think. Thank you for reading

The general concept is actually pretty amazing, though the only problem I can see is that this would better fit in the World Building forum. :smallsmile:

I'd say run it. See what happens.
Maybe the first settler they meet is mortally wounded, thus adding the element earlier on? *shrug*

Omnicrat
2016-02-06, 03:29 PM
Maybe the first settler they meet is mortally wounded, thus adding the element earlier on? *shrug*

And maybe the first group they encounter is woefully ill equipped to survive, and they can choose to help them out, a la James town.