PDA

View Full Version : Multiclass Trivia Question

Lavok Rammstein
2016-02-05, 11:27 AM
Here is the scenario. You are a level 1 Half Orc Draconic Sorcerer. At second level you multiclass into a Cleric of the Tempest Domain.

Can you throw a Javelin with proficiency?

CNagy
2016-02-05, 11:38 AM
Nope. Your starting class has a specific list of weapons that does not include the javelin, your multiclass does not grant simple weapons proficiency, and your domain grants martial weapons but not simple weapons. You basically missed out on Cleric boot camp and so the broader range of simple weapons are outside of your experience, barring some errata that I'm not keen on looking up.

gfishfunk
2016-02-05, 11:44 AM
"This glave and this great sword makes sense to me now....but I don't know what to do with this club. Also, I get how to use the battleaxe...but a handaxe? Baffling."

DanyBallon
2016-02-05, 12:02 PM
"This glave and this great sword makes sense to me now....but I don't know what to do with this club. Also, I get how to use the battleaxe...but a handaxe? Baffling."

You can still use them, just not with proficiency. It would go more like this: "Geez that hand axe feel so light in my hand, I have hard time gauging my strenght when striking."

SpawnOfMorbo
2016-02-05, 12:12 PM
Here is the scenario. You are a level 1 Half Orc Draconic Sorcerer. At second level you multiclass into a Cleric of the Tempest Domain.

Can you throw a Javelin with proficiency?

No.

However you do get trident proficiency, that should help a bit. Throw it with two hands to get 1d8 base damage! :p

I guess you are throwing it from over your head .. Idk... Figure it out? :p