PDA

View Full Version : Blood for the blood god

nintendoh
2016-02-06, 01:42 AM
Ok so i really want to make a champion of khorne. Dm has ruled in the chaos gods fluff wise. I wanted a few opinions. Should I do a twf great axe armor spike build. Im looking for something really interesting that screams "blood for the blood god". Barbarian is a must, of course. I have been cleared for frenzied bezerker as well. Should I add two levels of fighter for feats. Should I skip the armor spikes and just be a charger? Should I consider black blooded cultist because skulls for the skull throne? Any imput welcome!

Blackhawk748
2016-02-06, 01:53 AM
Whirling Frenzy Lion Spirit Totem Barbarian 1/ Dungeoncrasher Zhentarim Soldier Fighter 9/ Frenzied Berzerker 10

Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Intimidating Rage, Destructive Rage, Extra Rage.

Build is pretty much standard Intimidate/Charger, Initiate by Charge Pouncing with a huge Axe of Khorne, then as a swift action (from level 9 onwards) Demoralize your opponents (preferably by using the Never Outnumbered Skill Trick) and make them cower before your rage.

As a note, be careful about using Frenzy unless your party has some way to stop you, i recommend marbles.

nintendoh
2016-02-06, 02:00 AM
That seems to have a very small rage/frenzy boost comparatively. Why so many levels of fighter?

Blackhawk748
2016-02-06, 02:06 AM
That seems to have a very small rage/frenzy boost comparatively. Why so many levels of fighter?

Firstly, your not taking Rage for the stat boost, your taking it for the extra attack, Secondly all of the Fighter levels are for A) Dungeoncrasher tricks (so Imp Bullrush should be on your feat list, my bad) and B) the Zhentarim Soldier abilities which lets you make people cower if they fail their save vs your Intimidate

nintendoh
2016-02-06, 02:09 AM
Could i get away with taking a +1 LA race like goliath?

Blackhawk748
2016-02-06, 02:13 AM
Could i get away with taking a +1 LA race like goliath?

If LA buyoff is in play, yes.

nintendoh
2016-02-06, 02:55 AM
Whats a good one?

Inevitability
2016-02-06, 05:30 AM
Whats a good one?

Goliath, as you already said, is pretty nice.

If Half-Minotaur is allowed, take half-minotaur. It's broken beyond belief.

Feral is a good template, too.

nintendoh
2016-02-06, 05:47 AM
Feral fits thematically and a lot of khornates have horned helms. It would also provide a durability and strength boost which is very nice. Kinda wish i could add rune scarred bezerker or war hulk. Greater rage seems like it would be a boon as well. What do people think about fangshields barb sub level?

Blackhawk748
2016-02-06, 09:23 AM
Feral fits thematically and a lot of khornates have horned helms. It would also provide a durability and strength boost which is very nice. Kinda wish i could add rune scarred bezerker or war hulk. Greater rage seems like it would be a boon as well. What do people think about fangshields barb sub level?

Greater Rage is to much investment for not enough Payoff. Fangshield Bard actually meshes fairly well with Dungeoncrasher, because you can Pinball them into a nearby wall without moving yourself.

So Fangshield Whirling Frenzy Lion Spirit Totem Barbarian 5/ Dungeuoncrasher Zhentarim Soldier Fighter 9/ Something useful 6, should work fine. A large rage beast the smacks people across rooms.

DrMotives
2016-02-06, 02:09 PM
If a goliath is not-quite-large, can they still qualify for large & in charge?

nintendoh
2016-02-06, 02:17 PM
Is war hulk required to be large or huge?

Blackhawk748
2016-02-06, 04:38 PM
Is war hulk required to be large or huge?

Large, and Goliaths are not.

nintendoh
2016-02-06, 08:17 PM
So would half ogre be a better fit?

TheTeaMustFlow
2016-02-06, 09:50 PM
Fluff-wise, Paladin of Slaughter would make the most sense (apart from the fact it gets a little bit of Magic), but it's not exactly the most powerful thing in the world.

Otherwise, most any big smashy melee build will do if you just indulge in excessive and pointless bloodshed.

DrMotives
2016-02-06, 10:27 PM
If you can use magazine content, there's a "Thrall to Kostchtchie" class that if refluffed to Khorne would fit very well. Easy entry from Barbarian 5, or a Barb/ Paladin of Slaughter just as easily. Class features include extra uses of rage, gaining the fiendish template whenever in a rage, and the capstone is a permanent increase of 1 size catagory.

Edit to say it's in #345

danddbard
2016-02-07, 03:16 PM
getting at least 1 rank into fighter is good for all the bonuses and feats you get. no need to go too deep into it though

Extra Anchovies
2016-02-07, 03:21 PM
getting at least 1 rank into fighter is good for all the bonuses and feats you get. no need to go too deep into it though

Yeah, fighter exists as a 2-level dip class, Roy's friends notwithstanding (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0064.html). Dungeoncrasher and the Zhentarim sub levels make it maybe worth spending more levels on, but outside of a few specific builds those aren't so much reasons to keep going in fighter as they are excuses to keep going in fighter.