PDA

View Full Version : This is my most powerful form!

Spacehamster
2016-02-06, 09:24 AM
One of my friends borrowed my mm so afb and were wondering if any kind person knew which animals of cr 1-4 that only have one attack but that is instead really strong.

hymer
2016-02-06, 09:28 AM
One of my friends borrowed my mm so afb and were wondering if any kind person knew which animals of cr 1-4 that only have one attack but that is instead really strong.

Strong as in high Strength score, or strong as in deals a lot of damage, or strong as in has many hp...? Or what?

Edit:

CR 4 is the elephant, because that's the only CR 4 beast.

CR 3's gotta be the ankylosaurus, as it's the only beast at CR 3 with only one attack per turn.

CR 2 is probaby rhino. Most CR 2s have multiple attacks. The rhino deals pretty good damage when charging.

CR 1 is... Dire Wolf? It doesn't hit very hard, but it does hit only once, and it has decent AC and good hp.

Spacehamster
2016-02-06, 09:31 AM
Strong as in high Strength score, or strong as in deals a lot of damage, or strong as in has many hp...? Or what?

Sorry strong as in lots of damage. :) my friend is thinking about a moon druid mc that takes advantage of a class with extra attack feature so that's why I were interested in a strong single attack since multi attack does not stack with extra attack. :)

Edit: tyvm! :)

hymer
2016-02-06, 09:37 AM
Sorry strong as in lots of damage. :) my friend is thinking about a moon druid mc that takes advantage of a class with extra attack feature so that's why I were interested in a strong single attack since multi attack does not stack with extra attack. :)

Edited some initial thoughts into my first post. As for the other thing, I'd run it by the DM if you're not the DM. It's less than clear cut what works with Extra Attack. I mean, it's supposed to work with the Attack Action, right? But under the ankylosaurus, for instance, it says under actions: Tail. So whether the ankylosaur actually uses the Attack action as PCs do is, well, not 100% clear and obvious. So as long as you're thinking about Extra Attack interaction with Wild Shape, might as well think it all through.

Spacehamster
2016-02-06, 09:40 AM
Edited some initial thoughts into my first post. As for the other thing, I'd run it by the DM if you're not the DM. It's less than clear cut what works with Extra Attack. I mean, it's supposed to work with the Attack Action, right? But under the ankylosaurus, for instance, it says under actions: Tail. So whether the ankylosaur actually uses the Attack action as PCs do is, well, not 100% clear and obvious. So as long as you're thinking about Extra Attack interaction with Wild Shape, might as well think it all through.

Thanks for the tip, it's np tho as I am the main dm most of the time plus the one that owns the books so going by my take of the rules and to me it's quite clear since it says extra attack does not stack with multi attack at least to me it sounds like it stacks with a normal beast attack if you have it. :)

MaxWilson
2016-02-06, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the tip, it's np tho as I am the main dm most of the time plus the one that owns the books so going by my take of the rules and to me it's quite clear since it says extra attack does not stack with multi attack at least to me it sounds like it stacks with a normal beast attack if you have it. :)

Just FYI, when you're AFB (Away From Book) you can often find the monster you want in the SRD (http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/SRD-OGL_V1.1.pdf). It has more monsters than the Basic rules.