PDA

View Full Version : Weird Al

Gaelbert
2007-06-16, 01:49 AM
I went to Weird Al's live concert tonight. It was awesome. You have to love a guy that can rock out with an accordian.

Kitya
2007-06-16, 11:33 AM
My brother has seen him in concert twice, and my entire family made a pitstop at the Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnisota on their way to visit me once... all I got was a lousy postcard. *laffs*

MandibleBones
2007-06-16, 11:45 AM
He's a lot of fun live, actually. I haven't been in several years, not since the Touring with Scissors tour.

I'd be interested in seeing some of his newer stuff live too, but I enjoy that he does a lot of older favorites at shows too.

Vaniel
2007-06-16, 11:57 AM
Weird Al, is a GOD!

He must be, after he made fun of Eminem.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pHEFLLUMsdk

You know what I'm sayin?

/Vaniel

CrazedGoblin
2007-06-16, 11:58 AM
he is great :smallbiggrin:

Gaelbert
2007-06-16, 01:34 PM
In between songs, when he was changing into a new outfit, he put on clips of his interviews with celebrities. It was hilarious. He made so much fun out of Kevin Federline, it was crazy.

Stick_Ninja
2007-06-16, 01:46 PM
I am going to go see him in August sometime, so its good to hear all this positive feedback.:smallbiggrin:

Jack Squat
2007-06-16, 05:58 PM
I should be seeing him August 3rd, barring anything keeping me from getting to Pigeon Forge that night.

Yay American Bandstand theatre! :smallbiggrin:

BanjoTheClown
2007-06-16, 06:22 PM
Has anyone ever seen the weird al show? Im not sure if its on air anymore though.:smallconfused:

Stick_Ninja
2007-06-16, 07:47 PM
Youtube. :smallbiggrin:

zeratul
2007-06-16, 10:07 PM
I went to Weird Al's live concert tonight. It was awesome. You have to love a guy that can rock out with an accordian.

Thats what I said! If I'mm correct, he likes to rock out during the song Yoda a lot.

Mr._Blinky
2007-06-17, 07:41 PM
I used to like his music a lot, though in recent years I've realized he's only really good in small doses. However, UHF is one of the funniest movies ever made.

"Not many people know this, but the turtle is actually natures suction cup! See, watch this!" *licks bottom of turtle, throws it up at the ceiling* "See, he sticks!"

"It's Conan the Librarian!"

"WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGERS!!!!":smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Pensive Pine
2007-06-17, 08:45 PM
I got to see him in concert on May 30th ^_^ It was so much fun! And I loved all the interview (and random TV mentions) in between songs. I wish they'd sold souveniers other than t-shirts, though...

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-06-17, 09:04 PM
Weird Al is great. I remember going to his Off the Deep End tour back in '92. He had just completed the Jurassic Park video for Alapalooza cd, and showed it at the concert. Everyone went nuts when the t-rex bit Barney's head off.

Malik
2007-06-17, 11:05 PM
Thats what I said! If I'mm correct, he likes to rock out during the song Yoda a lot.

Yup you can watch this one on youtube. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ6hfXdxw5w)

MrsbwcMD
2007-06-18, 11:52 AM
Weird Al's the greatest! I wish I knew what I did with my "Smells Like Nirvana" tape from WAY back when. It doesn't really matter, though, because I don't have a cassette player to play it in, anyway.
Here's my new favorite video of his:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw&mode=related&search=
Love the cameos by Seth Green and Donnie Osmond!

Kurald Galain
2007-06-18, 02:27 PM
He's very awesome. I wish the video version of his latest CD was for sale here, I really loved those older clips for Eat It and Amish Paradise.

nowyoumayfinditinconceivableorattheveryleastabitun likelythattherelativeposition
oftheplanetsandthestarscouldhavesomespecialdeepsig nificanceormeaningthatexclusivelyappliestoonlyyou
butletmegiveyoumyassurancethattheforecastsandpredi ctionsareallbasedonsolidscientificdocumentedeviden ce
soyouwouldhavetobesomekindofmoronnottorealizethate verysingleoneofthemisabsolutelytrue!

TheEmerged
2007-06-18, 03:05 PM
It seems like every time he comes to the SW Ohio area (he's in Dayton soon I believe) I've got something uncancellable at the same time :(

Don Beegles
2007-06-18, 03:20 PM
nowyoumayfinditinconceivableorattheveryleastabitun likelythattherelativeposition
oftheplanetsandthestarscouldhavesomespecialdeepsig nificanceormeaningthatexclusivelyappliestoonlyyou
butletmegiveyoumyassurancethattheforecastsandpredi ctionsareallbasedonsolidscientificdocumentedeviden ce
soyouwouldhavetobesomekindofmoronnottorealizethate verysingleoneofthemisabsolutelytrue!

That's definitely my favorite Wierd Al song, but I do love jsut about all of his stuff. A couple of friends and I have whiled away many happy minutes by spontaneously bursting into "The Saga Begins" at Drama functions. Damn you, Al, you've got me reminiscing again.

smellie_hippie
2007-06-19, 06:59 PM
*insert voice of dissent*

I don't care for Weird Al. I won't get into semantics of his music writing ability, because that's not fair. He does write ironic lyrics based on pop-music, and I know he can play the accordian... so there is talent there.

I'll just leave it as a personal taste... and I never knew he actually went on tour and had a stage-show. There's my thing I learned today. *meh*

Kjata
2007-06-19, 09:00 PM
I hate Wierd Al. The only funny thing about him is how mad Coolio got about Amish Paradise. lol that was great.