PDA

View Full Version : Broken limbs?

Chalkarts
2016-02-07, 05:02 PM
Has any edition of D&D covered the specifics of Broken limbs?

I've long wanted to make a hardcore grappler whose purpose was more incapacitation than killing.
If I could get an opponent in a lock and snap their leg or arm that should take them out of the battle without actually killing them, but I haven't stumbled upon the specifics of broken limbs.

Where should I look?

Necroticplague
2016-02-07, 05:05 PM
Has any edition of D&D covered the specifics of Broken limbs?

I've long wanted to make a hardcore grappler whose purpose was more incapacitation than killing.
If I could get an opponent in a lock and snap their leg or arm that should take them out of the battle without actually killing them, but I haven't stumbled upon the specifics of broken limbs.

Where should I look?

Pathfinder has Called Shot rules.

Orion Hamby
2016-02-07, 08:07 PM
Pathfinder has Called Shot rules.

As does 3.0

Crake
2016-02-07, 08:29 PM
I believe the 3.5 DMG has a section on "damage to specific areas" which could concievably include broken limbs, page 27.

daremetoidareyo
2016-02-07, 11:35 PM
BOVD has a second level cleric spell 4th level blackguard spell called boneblast. 1d3 con damage fort save for half, if 1 point of damage, round down to zero if the save is passed.

That looks like it would be the rough equivalent of a 2nd level homebrewed TOB maneuver, or even a homebrewed feat.

Necroticplague
2016-02-08, 06:02 AM
BOVD has a second level cleric spell 4th level blackguard spell called boneblast. 1d3 con damage fort save for half, if 1 point of damage, round down to zero if the save is passed.

That looks like it would be the rough equivalent of a 2nd level homebrewed TOB maneuver, or even a homebrewed feat.

I think there are a few Stone Dragon strikes that do something pretty similar, as well.