PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Trying to Build Dustfinger from Inkheart

DracoKnight
2016-02-07, 06:30 PM
How would one go about this? I'm using the Far Traveler background from the SCAG, and my rolls are 16, 15, 14, 18, 17, 12. I would be using the Variant Human, but have no idea which feat to choose/class to play.

Alternatively, I could also use the Entertainer background.

GandalfTheWhite
2016-02-07, 06:35 PM
How would one go about this? I'm using the Far Traveler background from the SCAG, and my rolls are 16, 15, 14, 18, 17, 12. I would be using the Variant Human, but have no idea which feat to choose/class to play.

Alternatively, I could also use the Entertainer background.

Probably as an arcane trickster with the entertainer background. Ask your DM to waive the school restriction and take all the fire spells. For irony's sake, use a dagger.

Sir cryosin
2016-02-07, 06:36 PM
Have you thought about a circle druid

DracoKnight
2016-02-07, 06:37 PM
Have you thought about a circle druid

I haven't. That's an odd recommendation. Which circle? I am intrigued now.

Belac93
2016-02-07, 08:21 PM
I would say sorcerer.

I like the idea of a druid though.

DracoKnight
2016-02-07, 09:50 PM
I would say sorcerer.

Wild Magic or Draconic? And I think the Feat from Variant Human is best spent grabbing Find Familiar for a ferret familiar (Gwin)

Belac93
2016-02-07, 10:20 PM
Definitely Draconic. Wild magic makes sense, but he doesn't really have any powers other than invisibility and fire magic. Dragon scales could be fluffed as just being really good at dodging, and you would focus on fire spells and high dexterity.

Get invisibility, feign death, and find familiar. Control flames and pyromancy from EE. Seems to be the best rout to me.

Sir cryosin
2016-02-08, 01:47 PM
Definitely Draconic. Wild magic makes sense, but he doesn't really have any powers other than invisibility and fire magic. Dragon scales could be fluffed as just being really good at dodging, and you would focus on fire spells and high dexterity.

Get invisibility, feign death, and find familiar. Control flames and pyromancy from EE. Seems to be the best rout to me.
Feign death isn't on the sorcerer spell list and I don't know the show or anything about him I just Googled him and thought a druid with fire spells would be a nice fit.