PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Samsaran Mystic Past Life Suggestions

thecrimsondawn
2016-02-07, 10:15 PM
About to make an Arcanist and I have 5 arcane spells I can add to my list. What are some good spell suggestions?
Im eyeing at least one cure wounds spell and Beastspeak from witch so far.

Helluin
2016-02-07, 11:26 PM
Snatch some spells at reduced spell levels from the Summoner List? Greater Planar Binding as a 6th level spell is sweet, if a little dangerous. Dimensional Lock, Dominate Monster, Descern Location, and Maze are starting to look pretty attractive too. Other than that, Greater Teleport at 5th level seems pretty cool. Or, if you have a lenient-ish DM, you can get Simulacrum as a 5th level spell too...

Geddy2112
2016-02-08, 12:14 AM
If you don't have a bard, glibness is an incredible spell to have in the party. Blistering invective is also good for a mass enemy debuff.

thecrimsondawn
2016-02-08, 11:42 AM
Brilliant Inspiration, Hymn of Peace (with persistent spell), Freedom of Movement, and Arcane Concordance from the bard list all seem like nice options as well.
Anyone see any other good ones? Id like to make this thread a nice list for anyone else looking for the same thing.

Florian
2016-02-08, 12:10 PM
Anyone see any other good ones?

Nope, sorry. The Arcane spell lists are simply not good enough here, compared what Divine has to offer.

Geddy2112
2016-02-08, 12:25 PM
Brilliant Inspiration, Hymn of Peace (with persistent spell), Freedom of Movement, and Arcane Concordance from the bard list all seem like nice options as well.
Anyone see any other good ones? Id like to make this thread a nice list for anyone else looking for the same thing.
Song of discord is pretty amazing, but it is short range, and frozen note can end encounters but is also short ranged. Silence is a good low level spell to get quick stealth or shut down casters. If you need to hide an evil alignment(normally you, but objects or that evil party member), undetectable alignment is very useful.

Nope, sorry. The Arcane spell lists are simply not good enough here, compared what Divine has to offer.
How helpful, considering mystical life past can't give divine spells to an arcane caster, such as the arcanist OP is building. Funny how bard can get access to things like freedom of movement, a normally divine spell. What other arcane spells are so good that OP needs to change their build entirely?

Starbuck_II
2016-02-08, 01:11 PM
About to make an Arcanist and I have 5 arcane spells I can add to my list. What are some good spell suggestions?
Im eyeing at least one cure wounds spell and Beastspeak from witch so far.

Witch has some nice ones.
Summoner has 2nd level Haste, 3rd level Stoneskin, SM 4 as a 3rd level spell, Ghost Wolf as a 2nd level spell, Witch has Vomit Swarm as 2nd level, etc.

Florian
2016-02-08, 01:41 PM
How helpful, considering mystical life past can't give divine spells to an arcane caster, such as the arcanist OP is building. Funny how bard can get access to things like freedom of movement, a normally divine spell. What other arcane spells are so good that OP needs to change their build entirely?

Yeah, Iīm a spoilsport in this regards by pointing out that Mystic Past Life does not really rock with arcane spells/spell lists.

First, early access is a contested topic because you canīt add what you already have (Maze spell for example). That makes Witch a better class to port Summoner spells over than a Sorc/Wiz.

Second, the arcane side of things lacks really powerful unique spells to pilfer. The Bard list has some, but they are nothing to write home about compared to what other lists get.

Third leaves us with spells that are cross-list anyways, such as cure light wounds or restoration and that you want rather to use wands or recharge staves w/o UMD than actually memorize them.