PDA

View Full Version : Minta Theia, Earth, and Viala

1Forge
2016-02-08, 01:24 AM
Heres the rough outline of the time periods for my campaigns in my universe so far.
This is the general lore for my homebrew campaign for the local club. The lore is split into 5 ages that span varying amounts of time.

1st Age: At this point Humans and most of the races from the D&D 5e live on a planet named Minta Theia. This is the origin world of humans, elves, dwarves, and the other races. Magic in most forms has only been recently utilized during the 1st age colleges would be formed for the study of it and great cataclysms would be called by this power changing the world in many ways.

2nd Age: By the second age Dwarves would suffer an unknown cataclysm that drives them to near extinction, magic has changed the shape of the world's landmasses and magical beings quickly overtake the general population. These magical races intermingle so much that the differing magical bloodlines begin to mix and these races gain the title “Fey” despite any connection to actual Fey. Halflings, gnomes, and any surviving dwarves all intermingle, losing connection to magic but gaining new affinity with machinery, engineering, and fire earning them the new title “Kender” deriving from kinder. Those who do not or cannot embrace magic earn the name “Numbs” move to the west due to competition with magic wielders. A cold war starts when their technological advances begin to match magic. The arms race eventually breaks into conflict and the ensuing war scares the land permanently, rendering the land useless.

3rd Age: Earth is colonized by a third of the people that escaped Minta Theia.While the other two thirds left pursuing other options. The meteor that killed the dinosaurs hits around the time these pre-humans arrive and humans evolve (the rest of human history to the present day happens) Humanity unlocks the secrets of carbon in electronics, metallurgy, and medicine. This time is named the “Age of Carbon” , Humanity discovers an Alien race called the Seraphs (and the sub race the Eladrin) Both humans and Seraphs ancestors came from Minta Theia, but lore of their home has mostly been lost. The Seraphs homeworld is called Viala a great source of magic, they combined with humanities help develop the Vault project, a method of traveling through space while avoiding time dilation. During the first tests of it many die and due to miscommunication war breaks out. In this war both Earth’s and Viala’s inhabitants are destroyed, any survivors entered an uneasy peace due to the mass genocide of the two planets. Both races do rebound creating sub-par colonies and settlements while terraforming technology is invested in.

4th Age: The age of discovery dawns as people find the first and second Alien race they cannot trace to Minta Theia, Terraforming is perfected, Earth and Viala are re colonized (though they still lack their former glory) “Jump” technology is improved and renamed “Leap” technology. Anti-matter weapons become easier to make making pirates and outlaws become better armed. Humanity nears a new age of prosperity and both Humanity and Vialens begin to find the limits in technology and magic. The empires of people become to large eventually and begin collapsing in war and chaos. Biological weapons wipe out a large portion of humanity, the sun loses it’s ability to support life. Machines of war self replicate creating a cycle of death for most biological life forms.

5th Age to be finished tomorrow

DreamingGod05
2016-02-20, 07:07 PM
This is remarkably similar to my campaign setting, in the fact that the base assumption of my setting is that the planet (unamed as of right now) is the Eden or beginning of humans, elves, dwarves, ect. Who later then fled to earth after a great cataclysm. I also add Ancient Aliens (as the gods) and conspiracies to the mix, along with some other, weird stuff.

But the 'elevator pitch' of our settings is useful. You have a lot of good ideas, and I'd liek ot hear how you developed the idea differently than I.