PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying RP & Optimization: Halfling Wizard for Curse of Strahd

Oramac
2016-02-08, 02:15 PM
So my AL group is thinking about what to do for Strahd, and hit on an idea that is both really fun/funny, and probably really dumb.

We've got 5 players in the group, so we're going to have 1 Bard and 4 Halfling Divination Wizards with the Lucky Feat (once we hit 4th level). The idea is to have 8 d20's to replace rolls with, plus the Halfling racial to reroll 1's, PLUS the Lucky Feat to add 3 more d20 rerolls.

The above is pretty much set in stone. It's not changing. What I'm looking for is ideas for Backgrounds/Traits/Ideals/Flaws, and for Optimal Spells to use.

I know I kinda want to make a "pyromaniac" who loves fire and fire related stuff, but I'm open to pretty much any ideas.

Thanks!!

Belac93
2016-02-08, 02:42 PM
This is an awesome idea.

Take the Far Traveler or guild artisan background. For maximum awesomeness, make all the characters twins. I think 5 would be quadruplets? Or quintuplets? Not sure. You must all have the message cantrip.

Have Mage armor/shield for survivability, fog cloud can be fluffed as smoke, burning hands, that sort of thing. Control flames, and firebolt/create bonfire is a must. Color spray is neat, as is sleep.

Get your bard to go valor to help group survivability.