PDA

View Full Version : You own super-heroes

Bluelantern
2007-06-16, 10:51 AM
This thread is for people who want to post the super-heroes that they made/imagined :smallbiggrin:

Sir Dragon

Sir Dragon was a attempt to make a "superman-power"-like character, but with some sense, He essencially has powers based on a Dragon, super-strength, resistence, flight and can breath fire.

Just a quick example, bring it more kids :smallbiggrin:

2007-06-16, 03:07 PM
Emotion and Logic.

Two young adult kids who were experimented on by a shady government orginization to be ultimate weapons.

Emotion is a short, somehwhat chubby fellow with bright red hair (as in, unnaturaly bright red). He can sense people's emotions, has incredible strength, and can produce incredible levels of heat. He has no control over his own emotions, though, and frequiently sails from utter elation to deepest depression.

Logic is a tall, thin, narrow faced man with royal blue hair. He wears a special pair of glasses that connect to his mind, while wearing them he can preform any act of mathmatical calculation on anything he can see to levels far beyond normal humans (ie. he can look at how someone holds a gun and calculate the trajectory of the bullets). He moves unnatural fast, allowing him to dodge most bullets and melee attacks, and can absorb heat from areas around him, trasferring it to Emotion for fuel, and also freezing things. He has almost no human emotion. He cannot react quickly to any illogical behavior and things like love or extreme hatred bother him.

Emotion and Logic are partners, both of them on the run from the Shady Orginization after losing their memories in an explosion at the lab they were being created at.

They're characters from a story I wrote awhile back.

Invisible Queen
2007-06-16, 03:48 PM
....: If it was me I'd have a third partner on that team, Action. You've got the head and the heart represented but not the hands. :)

Now re. the OP: I'm in the process of writing about a superhero of my invention. She's, funnily enough, also based on a dragon, but not a lot like your guy there. She's a dragon-human hybrid; she can control heat in a way that resembles breathing fire and she's really strong, but that's it as far as the obvious goes.

I picture a dragon, at least this particular breed of dragon, as an elemental force of unstoppable strength, rage and destruction. Being part human, she has to constantly balance this force within her or face disaster.

And of course she's endlessly thrown into situations where she has to draw on that strength.

2007-06-16, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=Invisible Queen;2751360]....: If it was me I'd have a third partner on that team, Action. You've got the head and the heart represented but not the hands. :)QUOTE]

In the actual story there were lots more of the 'Elements' who were part of the Logic/Emotion team, but they were sent to kill them since Logic and Emotion went rogue.

Bluelantern
2007-06-17, 12:57 AM
Mine was not a hybrid, he has a very complex history... he was knigth who killed a dragon, maybe the last in the world, and a effect, part of the dragon magic was absorbed by him. The process altered his mind and he eventually become a powerfull tyrant, a powerfull sorcerress and friend of mine had to put him under a spell that would made him sleep and separate the two parts of his minds (the human and the dragon), the spell also makes the world to forget about him, he wakes up in the 20th century and as now two beings, the Sir Dragon and the "Beast" a creature who looks like a dragon-human hybrid and is evil. (yes, it is his own bizarro xD).

I had a lots of ideas for him, like his sidekicks (a family of archeologist that used magical artifacts to have powers similar to him) and others foes.

Wojiz
2007-06-17, 08:34 AM
Made this bad d00d for an RP once, the setting was a kind of futuristic cyberpunk:

Name: Dice

Height: 5'11

Description: Brown eyes, brown hair which is starting to gray around the areas. His hair is rough and wavy, and falls to about his shoulders. Dice's chin is scratchy and his face is generally unkempt. He's usually seen in a lopsided smirk, frowning when concentrated or in battle. Dice wears a long brown duster over a rough, leathery black vest and brown trousers, with long, ribbed mahogany-brown boots to just below his shin.

His clothes are raggedy, especially a fedora above his head and the duster he wears, with numerous rips and tears at the edges and sleeves. Several bandoleers can be spotted wrapped around his chest, and two belts with holsters are hung almost lazily around his hip. He is in average athletic condition and appears perfectly healthy. Dice looks about 45 to 50 years old, though in reality he was born thousands of years ago.

Dice has a dry sense of humor and a look of perpetual amusement. He has found humor easily in his position and it is not forced, but genuine. Dice is neither distrusting nor gullible, and an expert at analysing character, having done so for thousands of years. He is optimistic, about his own situation and about humanity, and while he feels at odds with the high-tech society he lives in, accepts it.

Alter ego: None. Born Alaric, but abandoned this name and has used countless names since. The nickname Dice was coined in the 1800s in Western America, and the name has stuck since then, no other name appealing to him as much.

Powers: Super agility, enhanced running speed (Not super-speed. Think like 10-15 miles an hour.), minor-precognitive abilities, incredible abilities with firearms, specifically revolvers. These revolvers have been upgraded with modern day technology.

Strengths:
-Super agile.
-Can sense events before they happen(i.e. a punch, but not an event that's going to happen in 30 seconds).
-Superhuman skill with firearms, specifically revolvers.
-Running speed just above the human peak.
Weaknesses:
-Obsessed with his own mortality
-Doesn't have super-strength or any kind of indestructability
-Takes unecessary risks
-A gambler

History: Dice was originally called Alaric and lived in the time of Germanic infiltration during Rome. He lived a life not worthy of note and was buried in a crude cemetary in southern Germania. A skilled mage and necromancer raided his tomb in order to create a slave loyal to him and imbue him with powers to destroy his rivals. This necromancer resurrected him and gave him his super powers, tying Dice to his will, but before giving him any duties or orders, an enemy slew him. This left Dice with immortality and super-agility and reflexes, as well as precognitive abilities, and wasn't tied down by any orders as his necromancer died before giving him any.

Dice's immediate reaction after this rebirth was to return to the world he once knew. However, he found the landscape transformed. Germanic tribes were assimilating into the Roman Empire, or vice versa, his family was gone, the days of tribal warfare were, for all to do with Dice, dead. Dice lamented this for a short time, and went into seclusion for nearly a decade. Here, he studied the powers and abilities his resurrection had granted him intensely. After years of training, Dice realized that there must be some kind of purpose in this rebirth and the abilities granted him, and left his seclusion in search of it.

Dice roamed the land for centuries, left with nothing in the world as his only friends and family had died years ago, after his own death. Searching for a purpose, Dice found happiness in life, and regarded his immortality as a grace rather than curse. He found peace traveling throughout the world, and especially remembers the period of the West of America, where he found his skills applicable as a gunslinger, and also found a propensity for gambling, hence his nickname 'Dice'. He made friends and connections flippantly, rather than lament outliving his only companions.

However, in recent years, Dice has realized that the immortality granted by this powerful necromancer has been wearing off, slowly but surely. He is beginning to age, and his familiarity with his immortality has caused him to frantically panic. Only through biological engineering and the cybernetics of the modern day can help Dice prolong his life, so that he can continue his futile quest for purpose. Dice is driven to escape death for as long as he can at any cost.

SITB
2007-06-17, 09:49 AM
I think there is already a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29074) for stuff like this.

Bluelantern
2007-06-17, 09:05 PM
Icemage
A character who's power are a combination of magic and mutation, allowing to create and use ice in amazing ways. He is excencially a frozen version of Green Lantern and can create creatures or object of ice. He also has a elemental dog made of snow (it is his dog spirit that he trapped in a new bodie).

EDIT:

Damn, I din't see that there is already a topic about this, sorry =/

Shadow of the Sun
2007-06-17, 10:10 PM
Not a problem!

TheThan
2007-06-18, 02:19 PM
Name: Cliché
Origin: alien/atlantien/amazon/ naturalized US citizen
Superhero name: Cliché
Power Origin: alien in origin, cosmic rays, gamma radiation, bit by a radioactive spider, amazon combat training.
Powers: you name it.

Backstory/origin

When cliché was an infant, intergalactic villains murdered Cliché’s family. These villains were trying to escape the doomed planet. But before they could, Cliché’s father managed to launch the pod in time to escape the exploding planet.

While on course for earth his space pod was bombarded by gamma radiation and cosmic rays. This damaged the space pod and instead of it crashing on land, it careened into the ocean. Where people from the city of Atlantis found the pod and discovered the child Cliché still inside.
Believing Cliché to be a godsend they named him their king. But the current king would not have a child usurper over throw him, so he banished Cliché to the surface world, where he washed up on a seemingly deserted island and was subsequently bitten by a radioactive spider. Sick and delirious he stumbled into the village of a tribe of amazon warriors who lived on the islands. The amazons too him in and healed the child. He stayed in the village and grew up as part of the amazon tribe.

Growing into a teenager among the amazons Cliché became a powerful warrior, but he longed to venture out beyond the confines of his island home. As per the amazon’s customs cliché had to earn his freedom by defeating the strongest amazon warrior on the island. Upon winning the contest, Cliché was awarded the freedom to venture out into the world.

After leaving his home Cliché roamed the world as an adventurer for many years. Until he ended up in a large metropolitan city on the USA’s eastern seaboard. There he found a job as a news paper reporter and some time photographer. Eventually he met a beautiful woman, the two fell in love and were soon married. However tragedy struck the newlyweds. One day, they had planned a picnic in Central Park their peaceful day was shattered by gunfire. Two rival gangs had decided make Central Park their war zone. Cliché’s wife was shot dead, but cliché was unhurt due to his mutant, alien radiated and bombarded anatomy was immune to the effects of being shot. His wife died and his arms, and cliché mourned, then he raged transforming into a hulking raging monstrosity. He slaughtered the members of both gangs. He was later arrested but was let off on a technicality.

His experiences in the world and in the news paper industry lead him to long for the simple justice system the amazons used. So he made himself a costume and became a superhero to uphold protect those weaker than himself.

Note: I already posted this guy in another thread, but he's worth another post.

Haggis_McCrablice
2007-06-20, 01:27 PM
Just click on the link in my signature; it speaks for itself. I decided I wanted to create a hero with strength and abilities like Superman, the detective skills of Sherlock Holmes, and apparantly Dr. Fate's fashion sense. But being a junior in high school, he divides his time between crimefighting, going to school, hanging out with his friends, and sitting around in his pee-stained underpants watching TV. I describe it as "Archie meets Batman". And here's the clincher: he lives in the South, a region virtually ignored by the cape-and-spandex boys and girls who all seem to be working on the East Coast and must be damn near tripping on each other at this point.

TheEmerged
2007-06-20, 03:05 PM
Be warned, I'm one of those backstory heavy types. Below is actually a summary :smallyuk:

The Grey
Stefan Malachi Sashkey

Real World Backstory: I was revamping an existing continuity from a HERO system campaign, this time as a straight story so there wouldn't be any artifacts of the gaming system. Around the same time, DC/Marvel was doing their Amalgam routine, so a friend gave us a challenge to "Amalgam" two characters from different continuities -- except only 1 of them could be from DC or Marvel, the others(s) had to be from somewhere else. I chose the Spectre (of DC)... and the Phantom.

Game-world Backstory: Stefan Malachi Sashkey is the grandson of Adolph Hitler through his father Caleb -- who was his world's first test-tube baby, intended as a clone of Hitler. Caleb was raised in Kentucky by the retired spy who had 'rescued' him. Caleb always knew he was adopted, and while he didn't know the specifics of his parentage had been told to consider it a taint. As such Caleb swore to create a new heritage that his son could be proud of -- a new legacy from father to father's son.

Caleb eventually married a missionary named Hannah, and they settled down and had their only son Stefan. Caleb & Hannah would be killed shortly have Stefan's 18th birthday; Stefan would become an operative to track down their killer and avenge them, but was adamant about staying a civilian.

Except reality kept interfering, time and time again. The day would come when one of Stefan's enemies framed him for murder, and Stefan was sent to the electric chair for it... when for once, realilty interfered in his favor.

The forces of Light and Darkness had agreed to choose the dreamspace around Earth for a proxy battle. Each side chose champions to represent them in this battle and empowered them into their dream selves.

As their greatest champion, the forces of Light chose a man brought up to a heroic legacy, who understood how pervasive the evils of the world could be and the need to inspire others to rise against it. The Darkness, in turn, chose as their greatest champion a bitter man who knew the depravity of even the 'noblest' of men and would go to any length to do what he wanted done.

As you might have guessed... they mistakenly picked the same man -- Stefan.

The battle began to rage, but Stefan was suspicious. Something about the scenario rang false, too "easy". Using the immense powers at his disposal, Stefan stopped the battle to find out what was really going on... And as a result everyone was kicked out of the dreamspace, with their powers intact.

Including Stefan, who was right to suspect that neither the forces of Light or Darkness were good. Stefan suddenly found himself with immense, cosmic powers -- alone in the gap and facing a horrible decision. A galactic war was starting; if he didn't interfere, Earth and the galaxy would fall under the oppression of a galactic empire. If he interfered? Earth would be the empire doing the oppression.

And so he roams a world that believes him to be dead -- and believes he deserved that fate. He knows his time is limited, and faces what he's brought upon his world (he is literally the reason people have superpowers in his reality).

Powers
Stefan is his reality's equivalent of the Spectre, Phantom Stranger, Guardians of the Universe, or Highfather. As a result of already being low-end super powered as the result of the genetic experiments on his father, combined with being fully empowered by both the Light and Darkness, Stefan has become far more powerful than those that empowered him. Even without his powers, however, Stefan is very effective operative. He often goes to some extreme to try and solve problems without "stooping" to his powers.

2007-06-21, 01:16 PM
Just click on the link in my signature; it speaks for itself. I decided I wanted to create a hero with strength and abilities like Superman, the detective skills of Sherlock Holmes, and apparantly Dr. Fate's fashion sense. But being a junior in high school, he divides his time between crimefighting, going to school, hanging out with his friends, and sitting around in his pee-stained underpants watching TV. I describe it as "Archie meets Batman". And here's the clincher: he lives in the South, a region virtually ignored by the cape-and-spandex boys and girls who all seem to be working on the East Coast and must be damn near tripping on each other at this point.

We've got Swamp Thing in the south. He pretty much takes care of everything.

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2007-06-23, 04:25 PM
Hero Name: Thares (th as in then, a as in amorous, es as in does
Powers:
Resistance to physical damage. Don't take this as superman. Bullets don't bounce off him, they scrape, or bruise him. To cut him you need to have a razor-sharp knife, or a serrated weapon.
Very strong. Able to punch through solid concrete, Thares is very strong. He uses this power to use anyhing he happens to have in his hands as a deadly weapon.
Great Agility. Thares' main mode of transport is to jump 50 metres. He can attack things as high as a plane, by jumping and pushing himself up by pushing buildings down, until he is at the right speed.
Ressurection & Ressurection Form. If Thares is killed, after exactly 15 minutes, he regenerates entirely, and wakes up angry. Then for 1/2 an hour he is in his ressurection form. This form is indestructible, infinitely strong, but not agile at all.

Backstory:Thares' father was a scientist working on genetic manipulation of humans. He created 467 failiures to create a superhuman. On the 468th try, he succeeded, however, when Thares was born, he went into a rage, destroying everything. The army captured the newborn, and kept him locked up. After 10years, the secret service released him in vietnam, where he wandered for 10 more years. During that time, he became a very skilled warrior, and developed a set of morals. He eventually found his way to his house, where he now lives when not fighting injustice.

Current State: Thares is a black-haired, green-eyed, white man, about 30. While fighting crime he wears full body armor, and carries a broadsword. He distrusts firearms, and says he thinks "They can trick you into thinking you have power".

Finn Solomon
2007-06-23, 11:15 PM
Be The forces of Light and Darkness had agreed to choose the dreamspace around Earth for a proxy battle. Each side chose champions to represent them in this battle and empowered them into their dream selves.

As you might have guessed... they mistakenly picked the same man -- Stefan.

:smallbiggrin: Interesting idea, I haven't heard that one before.

Elven Paladin
2007-06-24, 01:43 AM
Well, in my junior year of high school I turned myself into a superhero called the Piper. Basically...he's me, but dumb. He has no superpowers, only a pipe, which he never hits anything with.

Needless to say, he was a funny hero who had many wacky adventures with such characters as Levito, Coconut Crime Pie, and Smokey Jones.

SeptimusMagistos
2007-07-12, 02:39 PM
Name: Unknown
Alter Ego: Bookworm (Later Pagemaster)
Powers: Control of books. Specifically, the ability to manipulate physical books, bring things out of them and to enter them. Later acquired more powers.
Appearance: A kid dressed in books. Changed later
Backstory: Bookworm originally used his abilities to rob banks and whatnot-a lot of books have powerful allies within them, such as Alice in Wonderland. However, after fleeing a group of powerful superheroes, he did the one thing he never did with books before-he jumped into them. When the superheroes followed him they discovered that within the book world he was in charge. He had a thousand years rather than the few seconds they did. In that time he's mastered every kind of magic, every martial art, and gained every superpower. He annihilated them utterly. However, he found he could not exit the bookworld for long. Now he struggles to find a way out.

Thexare Blademoon
2007-07-12, 03:08 PM
Well, there's only one, which I made in City of Heroes for the short time I played (lag was too much for me, though)...

Floyd Roberts, aka Grey Mouse
A shorter-than-average blond man in a light grey lab coat, light grey fedora, light blue shirt, dark grey pants, and black shoes, with dark sunglasses. Unlike many heroes, he's not the flashy kind, he's the swift, sneaky kind, and an incredible leaper. In combat, after using his stealth and leaping to get into the best position, he cuts his enemies to ribbons with a slim sword (Katana in CoH, but eh...)
Background: As a child, Floyd was always considered unremarkable, rarely drawing any attention at all no matter what he did, which left him rather lonely. He had also trained in swordfighting starting at 13 at his father's request, as a way to build discipline. After his parents were killed by a robber, he focused his efforts on becoming a detective, to be the one finding these scum and contributing to putting them behind bars. Legal technicalities let the killer of his parents out of prison five years after Floyd caught him. Floyd was annoyed greatly by this, but took some comfort in the fact that someone killed the robber in a hit-and-run a few days later. But that wasn't the only convicted murderer that was let off not for innocence, but on a legal technicality. Again and again this happened, and Floyd grew sick of it. Over the next two years, he refined his sword technique and his superhuman stealth and leaping skills, and began doling out a more permanent form of justice than mere imprisonment. He is a quiet, reserved individual who keeps very few friends, and shows little emotion; his extensive training, though much was without an instructor, has helped him keep his anger and hatred from controlling his actions and speech. He is not emotionless, and frequently feels anger and depression, but none ever notice it.

I'm kinda surprised I came up with all that. I'm not normally a superhero person. >_>

jazz1m
2007-07-12, 03:49 PM
Not great at making super heroes, I tend for the more anti-hero person without super powers kind of deal. Currently, I'm working on a script for a comic, and I guess they might be considered 'super...' probably not

The Bishop: Mysterious, smart, witty, charming at times, and deadly. Generally carries a S&W Model 28 and a Taurus Model 66. Has a tattoo of the bishop piece on the left shoulder blade.

Powers (?): Highly intelligent, tends to turn people's traps against them. Good hand-to-hand combat - more like street fighting than any martial arts form. Not strong, but fast. Very good aim with a gun (97% accuracy).

Houdini: henchman of The Bishop. He is a ruthless killer. While The Bishop uses subtle tactics to get information, Houdini uses force and torture methods (all on the orders of The Bishop of course). He can be subtle as he also is skilled in espionage. He can escape from almost any situation, and many times people don't see him until it's too late and then he 'disappears' from the scene. He carries a butterfly knife and a Glock, although he prefers his knife over the gun. He is also seen to carry a drop point knife for his interrogations.

Powers: Intelligent, ability to escape from many situations and 'disappear.' Very skilled in hand-to-hand combat and with knife fighting. He's fast and strong and overpowers individuals easily. He also has many resources to tap when he needs information, some that even The Bishop doesn't know about.

Meh, no superpowers, just cool characters.

Xuincherguixe
2007-07-12, 05:24 PM
Most of my characters are gags.

Such as Workatron, the Communist Robot. And Affirmative Action Man.

2007-07-12, 07:27 PM
We used to have a whole team of gag heroes, "The Z-Force"

Lead by, "I-Know-What-You're-Going-To-Do-And-Exactly-When-You're-Going-To-Do-It Man". Guess what his power was? His costume was a pair of ratty old boxers and his skin was covered in tattoos that said, "I Know!".

Other members of the team were:

"Delayed-Reaction Man". His power was that any physical damage dealt to him was delayed for a period of time based on how severe the damage was, ie: He wouldn't be affected by a punch to the face for about thirty seconds, a broken nose wouldn't break for about five minutes, and gunshots could be delayed for days. Usually after a battle he'd drive to a hospital and sign up in the emergency room for all the wounds he'd taken. That way by the time he got in to see a doctor they had manifested.

"The Sloth". The cursed union of a woman and sloth. The Sloth was so strong he could smash a building with a single blow, and so slow that he couldn't hit anything more agile that a fifty-ton steel wall. He liked to hit DR Man when he wasn't looking.

"Barnacle-Man". A man who could transform into a giant barnacle (What did you expect?)

"Vibe". A pot-smoking tween who could make people feel mildly happy or angry with good or bad vibes. Sometimes he could control their emotions more, but these displays of power inevitably lead to anurisums.

And their arch enemy was a foul being known only as "Dr. Pepper". Use your imagination.

SeptimusMagistos
2007-07-13, 09:38 AM
Name: Chuck Grant
Alter Ego: Duke Ex Machina
Powers: robotics
Appearance: He started out as a normal man in cybertronic armor. At the end he was different. His hair was messed up. His eyes were wild. His lips were in a constant sneer, teeth bared, saliva shooting out whenever he talked.
Backstory: Duke Ex Machina was a loser, just like every other supervillain. His plots never worked. His plans were getting foiled. However, he took it much harder than the rest of the evil community. He kept tossing and turning at night remembering his humiliations. He grated his teeth. He worked late until he fell asleep from exhaustion and when his nightmares woke him up, he worked more. He kept sliding deeper and deeper into anger and depression. He truly became a mad scientist-heavy on the mad. In time, Credlor, the demon lord of desperation took an interest in him. He pushed Grant along his road to final desperation, to the moment when he was prepared to do anything to win just once. It is at this point that most people broke down and gave their souls to Credlor. But Grant turned out to be capable of a whole new level of desperation. He howled in frustration and raved in rage. His body was breaking down under the stress, but his mind became sharpened as never before. He was working at the level of sudden intuitive insight people usually achieve only for a few seconds. But he maintained it for weeks on end, working out his final and greatest plan. And he won. His robot army crushed the union of all superhero organizations. He laughed triumphantly as his plan finally worked...just as the supervillains arrived to stop him. But he was not going to let that stop him either. He turned his army on them and pressed the offensive, and in the end he beat them too. Their lines faltered and fell apart and he laughed madly once more as the last force on earth that posed a challenge to him was broken. However, his next challenge came not from earth. Down in Hell, changes were being made. Grant's triumph brought great power to Credlor, because it was desperation that drove him forward. So powerful grew Credlor that he declared himself King of Hell and crushed his challengers. And as he won the control of Hell, he desired more. So he opened a portal directly to Earth and came out of it, intent on taking control of this second world. But even he underestimated the power of Grant's desperation. Though his robots fell before Credlor, Grant himself jumped onto him, tore out one of his claws, and put it straight through his eyes. As Credlor fell, Grant laughed once again and drank the demon's blood. Possibly he thought it would make him all-powerful and demonic too. Instead it poisoned him. His body, broken down by exertion no one could expect of it, was finished by this. But Grant was not going to let anything stop his triumph. Not even Death itself. So when the Grim Ripper came, Grant pounced on him. So great was his frustration that he overcame death's icy grip, grabbed the scythe and dealt a blow to Grim Reaper with it. Terrified, the Ripper blasted away at him with some of his energy, grabbed his scythe, and ran. Grant fell down to hell, something in between a lost soul, a dark ghost, and a man lost to the world. Since then, he has drifted through Hell and Earth, destroying anything in his path indiscriminately. No one has been able to stop him.
Allies: No one stands by him. Even the demons fear him and want him gone.
Nemesis: All that is good. And all that is evil. And all that is neutral. Also Death, the gods, Order, and the Universe itself.

TheRiov
2007-07-13, 10:48 AM
Name:Miguel Sanchez
AKA: Shatter
Miguel was/is a physics grad student student at NYU in the Marvel universe (Earth 616). He is a mutant with the power to convert heat energy into directed kinetic energy. More specifically by touch or in short range he drains ALL heat from any inorganic crystalline or metal object--glass, ice, diamond, steel, etc. (yes I know glass is technically a fluid) and redirect it to break/explode/chip along VERY specific lines. He could take an uncut diamond and turn it into a finely cut gem, or grab a metal stress ball and chuck it and have it explode like a fragmentation grenade.

His power was an all or nothing power. He couldn't only take part of the heat from the object, meaning the finished product came out at zero-degrees kelvin (cold enough to damage flesh, including his own. Miguel had no cold resistance)

His power did have some interesting uses/repercussions.
a) By taking a fist sized object and shattering it essentially into dust and spreading it explosivly in a small area, the zero-heat would cause atmospheric moisture to condense on the dust, forming an instant fog

b) He made money by acting as a gemcutter, making an excellent living

c) metals took a while for him to affect (the effort required was a function of the object's mess) so he normally pre-stressed spheres to use in combat (a dangerous practice since a dropped sphere would explode with a sudden shock

d) he did NOT have the ability to add energy to the system. His power only allowed him to redirect existing energy. This meant that he showed up only as an extremely low power mutant, despite having destructive capablity on par with Gambit.

f) Miguel's shattering power was VERY precise. he could mentally blow a brick from a building into a very specific blast pattern striking 2 people with fragments but missing the person standing between them, (he couldn't do this with items he'd throw since he had no ability to fix its tumble through space)
e) Miguel had no combat training though occassionally chose to be a vigilante.