PDA

View Full Version : Worldshaker [Creature; MitP]

Maerok
2007-06-16, 11:08 AM
Worldshaker
Colossal Construct
HD 20d10+80 (280 hitpoints)
Speed 90 ft. (18 squares), climb 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Init: +10
AC 40; touch 16; flat-footed 30
(-4 Size, +10 Dex, +24 Natural)
BAB +15; Grp +48
Attack 1 slam +24 (4d6+17, 20/x2)
Full-Attack Full attack 3 slams +24 (4d6+17, 20/x2)
Space 30 ft.; Reach 30 ft.
Special Attacks Pounce, magic missile battery, spell-like abilities, trample, anti-swarm pulse
Special Qualities DR 20/-, spell resistance 35, shield generator, worldshake; full awareness
Saves Fort +6, Ref +16, Will +6
Abilities Str 45, Dex 30, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1
Skills None
Feats None
Environment Any
Organization Solitary
Challenge Rating 18
Treasure None
Alignment True Neutral (depends on commander)

This massive crab-like titan traverses the battlefield atop six legs. It weighs about 200 tons, bearing armor that is about a foot thick. The inner workings of this mechanical monstrosity are unknown, as it is a relic of ancient wars. Only two have ever been found; they were buried deep in a desert and a tar pit in the jungle. It understands no languages, and getting the thing to work is a mystery in itself. Once activated, however, the Worldshaker is terror to behold.

Spell-like Abilities: 1/minute - empowered widened delayed blast fireball; 3/day - disintegrate. DC 25, CL 20.

Superior Materials (Ex): The Worldshaker has maximum hitpoints. It requires 25,000 gp and one month to repair it, as well as a DC 40 (Architecture and engineering) check every week.

Full Awareness (Ex): The Worldshaker cannot be flanked and can see from all directions at once.

Pounce (Ex): The Worldshaker may make a full attack at the end of a charge.

Anti-Swarm Pulse (Su): As a standard action, the Worldshaker can emit a pulse which repels all Large or smaller creatures within its space and the adjacent spaces outwards to a distance of 10 feet away. The effect can be avoided by spell resistance but the caster level of the effect is 20.

Magic Missile Battery (Su): As a full-round action, a volley of magic missiles (4d4) are launched from ports along the Worldshaker's back. Each one can be independently aimed, and has a ranged of 200 feet. Each deals 1d4+1 damage. It takes 1d4 rounds to prepare another volley.

Shield Generator (Su): As an immediate action, the Worldshaker can activate a magic-based force field around itself as per wall of force except as a sphere protecting everything within its space until the beginning of its next turn. Creatures within the area are protected, enemy or not.

Trample (Ex): The Worldshaker may trample (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#trample) as a full-round action, dealing 4d6+25 damage unless the creatures succeeds on a DC 37 Reflex save. Whether they pass the save or not, they are knocked prone.

Worldshake (Ex): As the Worldshaker moves, all creatures within 5 miles may hear it with a DC 25 Listen check. For every mile closer, the DC is decreased by 5. Those within one mile take a -5 penalty to all Listen checks on a round when the Worldshaker moves. Creatures with tremorsense can detect it for one mile per 10 feet of the ability; if within half a mile, the only thing they can detect is the Worldshaker (it drowns out all other vibrations). Creatures who navigate via sound alone receive a -2 penalty to all attacks, saves, and checks, when within half a mile. When the Worldshaker moves adjacent to a building, through at least one adjacent square, that building automatically takes 1d6 damage, bypassing its hardness.

Poppatomus
2007-06-16, 11:10 AM
That's a truly excellent monster. Submitting it to MITP?

EDIT Though a burrow speed seems a bit out of place. Somethign as big as I'm imagining burrowing would truly be a sight, and it would probably collapse anything above it just by moving.

EDIT2: In that case MITP vote: Yes

Maerok
2007-06-16, 11:11 AM
Sure. :D Why not?

KazilDarkeye
2007-06-16, 12:00 PM
Holy **** - that's awesome. That's like a tank's older brother on both crack AND LSD!

I don't normally vote for these things, but...MITP Vote = Yes

adanedhel9
2007-06-16, 01:59 PM
Very nice, but I have a few mechanical comments:

The attack bonus on the slam looks a little high. It should be +24 (+15 bab, +17 Str, -8 size).

You never get multiple natural attacks from high BAB. If you want to give it three slam attacks as a full round action, that's fine, but they should all have the same bonus.

Also, all natural attacks are 20/x2; if you want this thing's attacks to have better criticals, you should cite the Augment Critical special attack (ala the Tarrasque).

CR seems a little high to me. Despite the immense power of this thing, it seems weaker than the Tarrasque, a CR 20 creature with a similar role. I'd say 19, maybe even 18.

Matthew
2007-06-21, 03:39 PM
Gah! Is this based on something? what kind of battlefields does it frequent?

Doi
2007-06-29, 01:18 AM
MitP vote: Yes

Anxe
2007-06-29, 03:38 PM
I can't imagine something that good and big costing only 25,000 gold to build. Mitp: No

DracoDei
2007-07-10, 08:24 PM
Anxe: Read it again... That is the cost to REPAIR it not to build it from scratch. I assume this is especially included since they are only found in inoperable condition. I would also assume (although it needs to be clarified) that this is necessary to repair any battle damage it might accumulate.

Seems to have a lot of combat options for something with no INT... guess that just means the controller has to stick close to get maximum use out of it... not that it isn't nasty enough even with fairly simple commands.

MitP Vote: Yes

drawingfreak
2007-07-11, 10:55 AM
Good Lord in heaven.......I must use this...
*plots*

Triaxx
2007-07-11, 12:52 PM
I love it. Add a few tentacles, and some organic nature, and you have a Terry Brooks Creeper. MITP:Yes.

I'd allow a normal attack against the world shaker for creatures that navigate by sound alone.

Maerok
2007-07-11, 05:49 PM
By design, I was playing Command and Conquer 3 on the 360 and saw the Nod version of the MCV. I thought that something like that would make a better destructor than a constructor. In basic concept, I also thought about Halo 2's Scarab.

streakster
2007-07-11, 06:30 PM
I want one of these!

Some information on their history'd be nice, but its got my vote!

MITP VOTE: YES

Maerok
2007-07-11, 06:46 PM
I never give history on ancient technology (such as the worldshaker, the magnox, etc.). I might unify them all some day with something, but then again I might not.

DragonTounge
2007-07-17, 07:26 PM
Cool! Its like a gigantic living tank... sort of. MitP Vote: YES!

Oh, and I think its a -8 to armor class for being colossal.

BRC
2007-07-17, 07:34 PM
Could it be based off the land levithan from Rise of Legends, maybe
Do I care, no
Vote=yes